myostatin in the news

enash

Awards
Today on CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/06/24/muscle.gene.ap/index.html

It's obvious to me that myostatin inhibitors are the future of bodybuilding and athletics in general. Has anyone heard anything new about the peptides being worked on? The latest Scientific American's cover story is myostatin related and they mention some peptides. Anyone with news please keep us posted.

acecombact1

Awards
yep i read that yesterday...........very intresting news.

Technics

Technics

Awards
not to sound stupid but does this mean that those myostat blockers work or whatever? lol

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
not to sound stupid but does this mean that those myostat blockers work or whatever? lol
No they don't work. They have known for quite some time that blocking myostatin would result in large muscle gains, so these supp companies just exploited the knowledge, tossed some junk in a pill, and marketed it to block myostatin.

enash

Awards
That's totally accurate. But researchers are developing effective ways to block the myostatin protein, ways that don't involve water algae or useless pills. Scientific American refers to site injections of peptides into skeletal muscle, with results. The problem is making it safe, cheap and available (isn't it always). But the potential for revenue is so high I can't believe an enterprising pharmaceutical company won't have something soon.