IGF DES 1,3 ...???

P

pcs1188

Awards
WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON IGF DES (1-3).. HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS? IF SO CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT IT, AND THE RESULTS, SIDE EFFECTS OF IT.. THANKS!

2res4

Awards
I have yet to try DES. I have some and will be using in about three weeks. From what I have been reading, some tend to think that DES is one of the best for BB use. The argument is that it's an original form that is created in the body so it fits the receptor, and that LR3 will not fit the receptor because it's been altered to increase the half life. It's also been said that lr3 is only good for it's shuttling effect. Who knows. I like lr3 and will continue it's use. DES looks very promising. I will let you know my thoughts after I use it but I plan to use with mgf so it won't be based on just DES. Anyway DES is said to be used the same as lr3 as far as dosage, storage, and reconstitution. Hopefully some others will try it and log the results.

Evan Bageris

Evan Bageris

Awards
Des 1,3

I have done several cycles with it and it definitely appears to be the best of the bunch. It is hard to tell because it is so short acting, and I've always used it in conjunction with AAS. From the research I believe it has the most potential. Sorry not to have any hard numbers for you in terms of gains, but
I am a true believer.

P

pcs1188

Awards
thanks alot for your posts.. for those that are taking it post back your thoughts and results.. i am able to get my hands on some and i am wondering what differences there might be.. thanks!!

M

morfeuss

Awards
DES and clen

I would not mix des and clen. amplified cramps, and i felt so drousy and light headed. DRunk like feeling.for 2 days and it started on day off...

chess315

chess315

Awards
once more people try this the lr3 is proalbly going to be a thing of the past people are falling in love with this and its a lot cheaper. It is cheaper to start with and you only need half to a third of the dose. People love this stuff already

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON IGF DES (1-3).. HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS? IF SO CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT IT, AND THE RESULTS, SIDE EFFECTS OF IT.. THANKS!
IGF1LR3 is MUCH better in my op. MUCH better gains i have have.

here is info for you:

Insulin-like growth factor 1
edit

Insulin-like growth factor 1
(somatomedin C)

PDB rendering based on 1bqt.

[show]Available structures

Identifiers
Symbols
IGF1; IGFI

External IDs OMIM: 147440 MGI: 96432 HomoloGene: 515 GeneCards: IGF1 Gene

[show]Gene Ontology

RNA expression pattern

More reference expression data

Orthologs
Species Human Mouse
Entrez

Ensembl
ENSG00000017427
ENSMUSG00000020053

UniProt
P01343
Q4VJC0

RefSeq (mRNA) NM_000618
NM_010512

RefSeq (protein) NP_000609
NP_034642

Location (UCSC) Chr 12:
101.31 - 101.4 Mb
Chr 10:
87.29 - 87.36 Mb

PubMed search [1]
[2]

Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) also known as somatomedin C or mechano growth factor is a protein that in humans is encoded by the IGF1 gene.[1][2] IGF-1 has also been referred to as a "sulfation factor"[3] and its effects were termed "nonsuppressible insulin-like activity" (NSILA) in the 1970s.
IGF-1 is a hormone similar in molecular structure to insulin. It plays an important role in childhood growth and continues to have anabolic effects in adults. A synthetic analog of IGF-1, mecasermin is used for the treatment of growth failure.[4]
IGF-1 consists of 70 amino acids in a single chain with three intramolecular disulfide bridges. IGF-1 has a molecular weight of 7649 daltons.
Contents
[hide]
• 1 Synthesis and circulation
• 2 Mechanism of action
• 3 Receptors
• 4 Related growth factors
• 5 Regulation of aging
• 6 Factors influencing the levels in the circulation
• 7 Diseases of deficiency and resistance
• 8 Use as a diagnostic test
• 9 As a therapeutic agent
• 10 Interactions
• 11 References
• 12 Further reading
• 13 External links

[edit] Synthesis and circulation
IGF-1 is produced primarily by the liver as an endocrine hormone as well as in target tissues in a paracrine/autocrine fashion. Production is stimulated by growth hormone (GH) and can be retarded by undernutrition, growth hormone insensitivity, lack of growth hormone receptors, or failures of the downstream signalling pathway post GH receptor including SHP2 and STAT5B. Approximately 98% of IGF-1 is always bound to one of 6 binding proteins (IGF-BP). IGFBP-3, the most abundant protein, accounts for 80% of all IGF binding. IGF-1 binds to IGFBP-3 in a 1:1 molar ratio.
In rat experiments the amount of IGF-1 mRNA in the liver was positively associated with dietary casein and negatively associated with a protein free diet.[5]
[edit] Mechanism of action
Its primary action is mediated by binding to its specific receptor, the Insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor, abbreviated as ""IGF1R"", present on many cell types in many tissues. Binding to the IGF1R, a receptor tyrosine kinase, initiates intracellular signaling; IGF-1 is one of the most potent natural activators of the AKT signaling pathway, a stimulator of cell growth and proliferation, and a potent inhibitor of programmed cell death.
IGF-1 is a primary mediator of the effects of growth hormone (GH). Growth hormone is made in the anterior pituitary gland, is released into the blood stream, and then stimulates the liver to produce IGF-1. IGF-1 then stimulates systemic body growth, and has growth-promoting effects on almost every cell in the body, especially skeletal muscle, cartilage, bone, liver, kidney, nerves, skin, hematopoietic cell, and lungs. In addition to the insulin-like effects, IGF-1 can also regulate cell growth and development, especially in nerve cells, as well as cellular DNA synthesis.
Deficiency of either growth hormone or IGF-1 therefore results in diminished stature. GH-deficient children are given recombinant GH to increase their size. IGF-1 deficient humans, who are categorized as having Laron syndrome, or Laron's dwarfism, are treated with recombinant IGF-1. In beef cattle, circulating IGF-I concentrations are related to reproductive performance.[6]
[edit] Receptors
IGF-1 binds to at least two cell surface receptors: the IGF-1 receptor (IGF1R), and the insulin receptor. The IGF-1 receptor seems to be the "physiologic" receptor - it binds IGF-1 at significantly higher affinity than the IGF-1 that is bound to the insulin receptor. Like the insulin receptor, the IGF-1 receptor is a receptor tyrosine kinase - meaning it signals by causing the addition of a phosphate molecule on particular tyrosines. IGF-1 activates the insulin receptor at approximately 0.1x the potency of insulin. Part of this signaling may be via IGF1R/Insulin Receptor heterodimers (the reason for the confusion is that binding studies show that IGF1 binds the insulin receptor 100-fold less well than insulin, yet that does not correlate with the actual potency of IGF1 in vivo at inducing phosphorylation of the insulin receptor, and hypoglycemia)..
IGF-1 is produced throughout life. The highest rates of IGF-1 production occur during the pubertal growth spurt. The lowest levels occur in infancy and old age.
Other IGFBPs are inhibitory. For example, both IGFBP-2 and IGFBP-5 bind IGF-1 at a higher affinity than it binds its receptor. Therefore, increases in serum levels of these two IGFBPs result in a decrease in IGF-1 activity.
[edit] Related growth factors
IGF-1 is closely related to a second protein called "IGF-2". IGF-2 also binds the IGF-1 receptor. However, IGF-2 alone binds a receptor called the "IGF II receptor" (also called the mannose-6 phosphate receptor). The insulin growth factor-II receptor (IGF2R) lacks signal transduction capacity, and its main role is to act as a sink for IGF-2 and make less IGF-2 available for binding with IGF-1R. As the name "insulin-like growth factor 1" implies, IGF-1 is structurally related to insulin, and is even capable of binding the insulin receptor, albeit at lower affinity than insulin.
[edit] Regulation of aging
The daf-2 gene encodes an insulin-like receptor in the worm C. elegans. Mutations in daf-2 have been shown by Cynthia Kenyon to double the lifespan of the worms.[7] The gene is known to regulate reproductive development, aging, resistance to oxidative stress, thermotolerance, resistance to hypoxia, and also resistance to bacterial pathogens.[8]
DAF-2 is the only insulin/IGF-1 like receptor in the worm. Insulin/IGF-1-like signaling is conserved from worms to humans. DAF-2 acts to negatively regulate the forkhead transcription factor DAF-16 through a phosphorylation cascade. Genetic analysis reveals that DAF-16 is required for daf-2-dependent lifespan extension and dauer formation. When not phosphorylated, DAF-16 is active and present in the nucleus.
[edit] Factors influencing the levels in the circulation

3-d model of IGF-1
Factors that are known to cause variation in the levels of growth hormone (GH) and IGF-1 in the circulation include: genetic make-up, the time of day, age, sex, exercise status, stress levels, nutrition level and body mass index (BMI), disease state, race, estrogen status and xenobiotic intake.[9] The later inclusion of xenobiotic intake as a factor influencing GH-IGF status highlights the fact that the GH-IGF axis is a potential target for certain endocrine disrupting chemicals - see also endocrine disruptor.
[edit] Diseases of deficiency and resistance
Rare diseases characterized by inability to make or respond to IGF-1 produce a distinctive type of growth failure. One such disorder, termed Laron dwarfism does not respond at all to growth hormone treatment due to a lack of GH receptors. The FDA has grouped these diseases into a disorder called severe primary IGF deficiency. Patients with severe primary IGFD typically present with normal to high GH levels, height below -3 standard deviations (SD), and IGF-1 levels below -3SD. Severe primary IGFD includes patients with mutations in the GH receptor, post-receptor mutations or IGF mutations, as previously described. As a result, these patients cannot be expected to respond to GH treatment.
The IGF signaling pathway appears to play a crucial role in cancer. Several studies have shown that increased levels of IGF lead to an increased risk of cancer.[citation needed] Studies done on lung cancer cells show that drugs inhibiting such signaling can be of potential interest in cancer therapy.[10]
[edit] Use as a diagnostic test
Reference ranges for IGF-1[11]
(in ng/mL)

Age Females Males
2.5th
centile
97.5th
centile 2.5th
centile 97.5th
centile
20 111 423 156 385
25 102 360 119 343
30 94 309 97 306
35 86 271 84 275
40 79 246 76 251
45 73 232 71 233
50 68 228 66 221
55 64 231 61 214
60 61 237 55 211
65 59 241 49 209
70 57 237 46 207
75 55 219 48 202
IGF-1 levels can be measured in the blood in 10-1000 ng/ml amounts. As levels do not fluctuate greatly throughout the day for an individual person, IGF-1 is used by physicians as a screening test for growth hormone deficiency and excess in acromegaly and gigantism.
Interpretation of IGF-1 levels is complicated by the wide normal ranges, and variations by age, sex, and pubertal stage. Clinically significant conditions and changes may be masked by the wide normal ranges. Sequential management over time is often useful for the management of several types of pituitary disease, undernutrition, and growth problems.
[edit] As a therapeutic agent
Mecasermin (brand name Increlex) is a synthetic analog of IGF-1 which is approved for the treatment of growth failure.[12] IGF-1 has been manufactured recombinantly on a large scale using both yeast and E. coli.
Several companies have evaluated IGF-1 in clinical trials for a variety of additional indications, including type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS aka "Lou Gehrig's Disease"), severe burn injury and myotonic muscular dystrophy (MMD). Results of clinical trials evaluating the efficacy of IGF-1 in type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes showed great promise in reducing hemoglobin A1C levels, as well as daily insulin consumption. However, the sponsor, Genentech, discontinued the program due to an exacerbation of diabetic retinopathy[citation needed] in patients coupled with a shift in corporate focus towards oncology. Cephalon and Chiron conducted two pivotal clinical studies of IGF-1 for ALS, and although one study demonstrated efficacy, the second was equivocal, and the product has never been approved by the FDA.
However, in the last few years, two additional companies Tercica and Insmed compiled enough clinical trial data to seek FDA approval in the United States. In August 2005, the FDA approved Tercica's IGF-1 drug, Increlex, as replacement therapy for severe primary IGF-1 deficiency based on clinical trial data from 71 patients. In December 2005, the FDA also approved Iplex, Insmed's IGF-1/IGFBP-3 complex. The Insmed drug is injected once a day versus the twice-a-day version that Tercica sells.
Insmed was found to infringe on patents licensed by Tercica, which then sought to get a U.S. district court judge to ban sales of Iplex.[13] To settle patent infringement charges and resolve all litigation between the two companies, Insmed in March 2007 agreed to withdraw Iplex from the U.S. market, leaving Tercica's Increlex as the sole version of IGF-1 available in the United States.[14]
By delivering Iplex in a complex, patients might get the same efficacy with regard to growth rates but experience fewer side effects with less severe hypoglycemia[citation needed]. This medication might emulate IGF-1's endogenous complexing, as in the human body 97-99% of IGF-1 is bound to one of six IGF binding proteins[citation needed]. IGFBP-3 is the most abundant of these binding proteins, accounting for approximately 80% of IGF-1 binding.
In a clinical trial of an investigational compound MK-677, which raises IGF-1 in patients, did not result in an improvement in patients' Alzheimer's symptoms.[15] Another clinical demonstrated that Cephalon's IGF-1 does not slow the progression of weakness in ALS patients. Previous shorter studies had conflicting results.[16]
IGFBP-3 is a carrier for IGF-1, meaning that IGF-1 binds IGFBP-3, creating a complex whose combined molecular weight and binding affinity allows the growth factor to have an increased half-life in serum. Without binding to IGFBP-3, IGF-1 is cleared rapidly through the kidney, due to its low molecular weight. But when bound to IGFBP-3, IGF-1 evades renal clearance. Also, since IGFBP-3 has a lower affinity for IGF-1 than IGF-1 has for its receptor, IGFR, its binding does not interfere with IGF-1 function. For these reasons, an IGF-1/IGFBP-3 combination approach was approved for human treatment... brought forward by a small company called Insmed. However, Insmed fell afoul patent issues, and was ordered to desist in this approach.
IGF-1 has also been shown to be effective in animal models of stroke when combined with Erythropoietin. Both behavioural and cellular improvements were found.[17]
[edit] Interactions
Insulin-like growth factor 1 has been shown to bind and interact with all the IGF-1 Binding Proteins (IGFBPs), of which there are six (IGFBP1-6).
Specific references are provided for interactions with IGFBP3,[18][19][20][21][22][23] IGFBP4,[24][25] and IGFBP7.[26][27]
[edit] References
1. ^ Höppener JW, de Pagter-Holthuizen P, Geurts van Kessel AH, Jansen M, Kittur SD, Antonarakis SE, Lips CJ, Sussenbach JS (1985). "The human gene encoding insulin-like growth factor I is located on chromosome 12". Hum. Genet. 69 (2): 157–60. doi:10.1007/BF00293288. PMID 2982726.
2. ^ Jansen M, van Schaik FM, Ricker AT, Bullock B, Woods DE, Gabbay KH, Nussbaum AL, Sussenbach JS, Van den Brande JL (1983). "Sequence of cDNA encoding human insulin-like growth factor I precursor". Nature 306 (5943): 609–11. doi:10.1038/306609a0. PMID 6358902.
3. ^ Salmon W, Daughaday W (1957). "A hormonally controlled serum factor which stimulates sulfate incorporation by cartilage in vitro". J Lab Clin Med 49 (6): 825–36. PMID 13429201.
4. ^ Keating GM (2008). "Mecasermin". BioDrugs 22 (3): 177–88. doi:10.2165/00063030-200822030-00004. PMID 18481900.
5. ^ Miura, Y.; Kato, H.; Noguchi, T. (2007). "Effect of dietary proteins on insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) messenger ribonucleic acid content in rat liver". British Journal of Nutrition 67 (2): 257. doi:10.1079/BJN19920029. PMID 1596498. edit
6. ^ Yilmaz A, Davis ME, RCM Simmen RCM (1999). "Reproductive performance of bulls divergently selected on the basis of blood serum insulin-like growth factor I concentration". J Anim Sci 77 (4): 835–9.
7. ^ See publications documenting series of experiments at Cynthia Kenyon lab, in particular, Dorman JB, Albinder B, Shroyer T, Kenyon C (December 1995). "The age-1 and daf-2 genes function in a common pathway to control the lifespan of Caenorhabditis elegans". Genetics 141 (4): 1399–406. PMC 1206875. PMID 8601482.; and Apfeld J, Kenyon C (October 1998). "Cell nonautonomy of C. elegans daf-2 function in the regulation of diapause and life span". Cell 95 (2): 199–210. doi:10.1016/S0092-8674(00)81751-1. PMID 9790527.
8. ^ Minaxi S Gami and Catherine A Wolkow (2006). "Studies of Caenorhabditis elegans DAF-2/insulin signaling reveal targets for pharmacological manipulation of lifespan". Aging Cell 5 (1): 31. doi:10.1111/j.1474-9726.2006.00188.x. PMC 1413578. PMID 16441841.
9. ^ Scarth J (2006). "Modulation of the growth hormone-insulin-like growth factor (GH-IGF) axis by pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and environmental xenobiotics: an emerging role for xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymes and the transcription factors regulating their expression. A review". Xenobiotica 36 (2-3): 119–218. doi:10.1080/00498250600621627. PMID 16702112.
10. ^ Velcheti V, Govindan R (2006). "Insulin-like growth factor and lung cancer". Journal of thoracic oncology : official publication of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer 1 (7): 607–10. PMID 17409926.
11. ^ Ranges estimated from quantile regression as shown in table 4 in: Friedrich, N; Alte, D; Volzke, H; Spilckeliss, E; Ludemann, J; Lerch, M; Kohlmann, T; Nauck, M et al. (2008). "Reference ranges of serum IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 levels in a general adult population: Results of the Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)". Growth Hormone & IGF Research 18 (3): 228–237. doi:10.1016/j.ghir.2007.09.005. PMID 17997337. edit
12. ^ Rosenbloom AL (August 2007). "The role of recombinant insulin-like growth factor I in the treatment of the short child". Curr. Opin. Pediatr. 19 (4): 458–64. doi:10.1097/MOP.0b013e3282094126. PMID 17630612.
13. ^ Pollack A (2007-02-17). "Growth Drug Is Caught Up in Patent Fight". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
14. ^ Pollack A (2007-03-07). "To Settle Suit, Maker Agrees to Withdraw Growth Drug". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
15. ^ Sevigny JJ, Ryan JM, van Dyck CH, Peng Y, Lines CR, Nessly ML (November 2008). "Growth hormone secretagogue MK-677: no clinical effect on AD progression in a

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
IGF stands for insulin-like growth factor. Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) is a polypeptide protein hormone similar in molecular structure to insulin . It plays an important role in childhood growth and continues to have effects in adults. It is a natural substance that is produced in the human body and is at its highest natural levels during puberty. During puberty IGF is the most responsible for the natural muscle growth that occurs during these few years. There are many different things that IGF does in the human body. Among the effects the most positive are increased amino acid transport to cells, increased glucose transport, increased protein synthesis, decreased protein degradation, and increased RNA synthesis.
Long R3 IGF-1 is signifacantly more potent than IGF-1. The enhanced potency is due to the decreased binding of Long R3 IGF-1 to all known IGF binding proteins. These binding proteins normally inhibit the biological actions of IGF's. When IGF is active it behaves differently in different types of tissues. In muscle cells proteins and associated cell components are stimulated. Protein synthesis is increased along with amino acid absorption. As a source of energy, IGF mobilizes fat for use as energy in adipose tissue. In lean tissue,

IGF prevents insulin from transporting glucose across cell membranes. As a result the cells have to switch to burning off fat as a source of energy.
IGF also mimic's insulin in the human body. It makes muscles more sensitive to insulin's effects, so if you are a person that currently uses insulin you can lower your dosage by a decent margin to achieve the same effects, and as mentioned IGF will keep the insulin from making you fat.
The most effective form of IGF is Long R3 IGF-1, it has been chemically altered and has had amino acid changes which cause it to avoid binding to proteins in the human body and allow it to have a much longer half life, around 20-30 hours. "Long R3 IGF-1 is an 83 amino acid analog of IGF-1 comprising the complete human IGF-1 sequence with the substition of an Arg(R) for the Glu(E) at position three, hence R3, and a 13 amino acid extension peptide at the N terminus. This analog of IGF-1 has been produced with the purpose of increasing the biological activity of the IGF peptide."
IGF Cycles
The most effective length for a cycle of IGF is 50 days on and 20-40 days off. The most controversy surrounding Long R3 IGF-1 is the effective dosage.
IGF Dosage
The most used dosages range between 20mcg/day to 120+mcg/day. IGF is only available by the milligram, one mg will give you a 50 day cycle at 20mcg/day, 2mg will give you a 50 day cycle at 40mcg/day, 3mg will give you a 50 day cycle at 60mcg/day, 4mg will give you a 50 day cycle at 80mcg/day and so on. The dosage issue mainly revolves around how much money you have to spend, plenty of people use the minimum dosage of 20mcg/day and are happy with the results. IGF is most effective when administered subcutaneous and injected once or twice daily at your current dosage. The best time for injections is either in the morning and/or immediately after weight training (if used for body building).
IGF Effects and Results
Perhaps the most interesting and potent effect IGF has on the human body is its ability to cause hyperplasia, which is an actual splitting of cells. Hypertrophy is what occurs during weight training and steroid use, it is simply an increase in the size of muscle cells. See, after puberty you have a set number of muscle cells, and all you are able to do is increase the size of these muscle cells, you don't actually gain more. But, with IGF use you are able to cause this hyperplasia which actually increases the number of muscle cells present in the tissue. So in a way IGF can actually change your genetic capabilities in terms of muscle tissue and cell count. IGF proliferates and differentiates the number of types of cells present. At a genetic level it has the potential to alter an individuals capacity to build superior muscle density and size.

Another frequently asked question of IGF refers to the real world results. With an effective dosage you can expect to gain 1-2 lbs of new lean muscle tissue every 2-3 weeks. Increased vascularity is also very common, people report seeing veins appear where they never have before.
Overall, IGF is a very exciting drug due to its ability to alter ones genetic capabilities.

Beginner’s Guide To IGF1-lr3
The goal of this guide is to help both those that have not used IGF-1lr3 before and for those that simply would like a methodical approach to the “mechanics” of running it. This guide does not expand on the biochemistry of IGF-1, aside from a very simple introduction to it. I suggest reading a book or searching forums to educate yourself about the biochemistry of “peptides” or “IGF” if you require in-depth knowledge.

I am not a physician, thus cannot and do not diagnose ailments or diseases and/or nor do I suggest that IGF-1 is a remedy for any illness or diseases. IGF-1 should be treated with much respect. It is research compound, thus you should use at your own risk.

Currently (05/31/2008), in the United States, IGF-1lr3 is a research compound. It is legal to own this substance to the best of my knowledge (at current time). I am not an attorney, so please review your local law(s) regarding possession and administration of this therapeutic protein.

I do not condone the usage of IGF-1lr3 unless you are qualified to do so. This guide is provided as a research & development tool only.

IGF-1lr3 Overivew

Background:
Long Arg3 Insulin-like Growth Factor-I (Long-R3-IGF-I) is an 83 amino acid analog of IGF-I comprising the complete IGF-I sequence with the substitution of an Arg for the Glu at position 3 (hence R3), and a 13 amino acid extension peptide at the N-terminus. Long-R3-IGF-I is significantly more potent than IGF-I in vitro. The enhanced potency is due to the markedly decreased binding of Long-R3-IGF-I to IGF binding proteins which normally inhibit the biological actions of IGFs.

Description:
Recombinant Human Long-R3-IGF-I produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 83 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 9111 Dalton.

0.6% Acetic Acid Overview
Acetic Acid (AA) will be used to reconstitute (turn your lyophilized IGF-1 into a liquid form) your IGF-1. The standard is to use 0.6% AA. This concentration is typically not available for you to purchase. You can make your own 0.6% AA and I will show you how below (many have used this method successfully).

Making 0.6% Acetic Acid
You will have to purchase a few items upfront. Here is a “grocery list” of items you will need. I have provided check boxes for you to check off once you have purchased these items.

Items Needed:
• Distilled white vinegar (grocery store)
• Distilled water (grocery store)
• 0.2-0.22um sterile Whatman syringe filter
• 10mL syringe with a luer lock tip
• ~20-22 gauge needles (just the needles)
• Sterile glass vial (10-20mL)
• Alcohol prep pads – sterile kind (70% isopropyl alcohol)

Quick Guide:
1. Swab the top of your sterile vial with alcohol prep pad (70% isopropyl alcohol)
2. Mix 7.5mL distilled water with 1.0mL vinegar
3. Add Whatman syringe filter
4. Add sterile ~20ga. needle to end of Whatman filter
5. Inject the 8.5mL of solution into the sterile vial
6. You now have sterile 0.6% acetic acid

Detailed Directions:
1. Wash you hands thoroughly
2. Optional: wear alcohol treated exam gloves (rub your gloved hands together with 70% isopropyl alcohol on them until dry)
3. Using a sterile alcohol prep pad, swab the top of your sterile glass vial (into which the acetic acid solution will be held in)
4. Using the 10mL syringe with a ~20ga. needle on the end, draw up 7.5mL distilled water
5. Using the same syringe, now draw up 1mL vinegar
6. Remove needle from the syringe and discard
7. Attach 0.2-0.22um Whatman sterile syringe filter (do not touch the free end that will have a needle on it)
8. Put a new, sterile needle (~20 gauge) onto the free end of the Whatman filter (do not touch needle)
a. Do not use the same needle on the Whatman that was used to originally draw up the unsterile vinegar and distilled water.
9. Put a ~20 gauge sterile needle into the top of your sterile glass vial to act as a vent
10. Inject the acetic acid solution into the vial
11. You are now done and should have sterile 0.6% acetic acid

Notes:
1. These items MUST be sterile: 20-22ga. Needles, whatman filter, glass vial
2. Whatman filter: These small, sterile filters are used to filter the acetic acid solution so it is sterile. It does not matter that the liquid in your syringe (distilled water & vinegar) is not sterile, nor does it matter that the syringe itself is not sterile. Once the liquid goes through the filter it is STERILE. Thus, everything after the filter must be sterile!
3. You will most likely use 1mL (milliliter) of 0.6% AA to reconstitute your IGF-1. Thus, you should make at least 1.5mL. In reality, it’s just as easy to make 8.5mL as I have stated in the above directions. You will have plenty for use later then.
4. Do NOT reuse the Whatman filter nor any needles! Discard immediately.

Reconstituting IGF-1lr3
Reconstitution is simply the addition of the 0.6% AA to your lyophilized IGF-1.
Assumption: 1mg/mL IGF-1/AA (1mg IGF-1 will be combined with 1mL AA; 1mg IGF-1 is the same as 1,000mcg)

1. Swab the top of your IGF-1 vial with a sterile alcohol prep pad
2. Swab the top of your 0.6% AA vial with a sterile alcohol prep pad
3. Using either multiple insulin syringe volumes (example: 2 x 0.5cc) or a single large syringe, obtain 1.0mL of 0.6% AA.
4. In the IGF-1 vial, insert a sterile ~20 ga. needle to act as a vent
5. Inject the 1.0mL of AA very slowly and dribble it down the side of the vial.
a. Be very careful with this peptide as it is very delicate!
6. Remove the needle & syringe and discard
7. Gently swirl the vial or roll between your hands.
a. Again, be very gentle here
8. You now have 1mg/mL of IGF-1
a. This is the same as: 1,000mcg/mL

Notes:
1. If you added 2mL of AA, it would be a 0.5mg/mL
2. I have an Excel calculator that will help you with these calculation.

Injecting IGF-1lr3
If this is your first time with injections, don’t worry. You will be using a very fine gauge insulin syringe which means you will most likely have nearly effortless injections. These things are so tiny and sharp you may not even feel it penetrating. If you use sterile procedure, aspirate prior to injection, and have diluted your IGF-1/AA solution with enough bacteriostatic water (BW), you should have no issues with your injections and very minimal post-injection discomfort (if any at all!).

I cannot stress enough the importance on two topics: A) sterility, and B) pre-injection aspiration. Always swab the injection site(s) with a sterile isopropyl alcohol (IPA) pad and aspirate prior to injecting the IGF-1. No questions asked!

You will most likely intramuscular (IM) injections, but subcutaneous (sub-q) injections are also followed by some, but current theory is that IM will yield a localized effect. By “localized effect”, I am referring to the effect IGF-1 will have at the injection site. So if you inject IM into biceps, it is thought that your bicep muscles will get more of a dose of IGF-1 than other parts of your body (some which you don’t want to be effected, such as the intestines). Both types of injections will have systemic effects (affecting the body as a whole). Long R3 IGF-1 has an estimated half-life of 20-30hrs (taken from IGTROPIN data).

This guide assumes you will be doing bilateral IM injections. More below.

Bilateral injections are injections that are evenly divided between two muscles. If you are injecting 40mcg (micrograms) bilaterally, you will be injecting 20mcg into the right bicep and 20mcg into the left bicep.

Current theorized best practice is to you inject your peptide post workout (PWO). You have a small window of optimal opportunity. Ideally, you would inject immediately PWO, but some do not like the idea of injecting in a public location, such as the gym. Your next best option is to make your way home ASAP and have your needles loaded and ready (with your alcohol swabs sitting near by).

Sterility
Without a doubt, sterility is a major concern with injections. You have to be conscious of bacteria and other infectious agents at all times when performing injections or other procedures that require sterility (such as reconstitutions and making 0.6% AA).

Bacteria (and viruses, and spores, etc) are invisible to the naked eye. Yet they are everywhere. It is very important that you acquire sterile alcohol prep pads (make sure it says “sterile” before you buy them). They are extremely cheap and effective.

Wash your hands! Before attempting anything requiring sterile technique, wash your hands and dry them with a clean paper towel (not the dirty towel hanging in the bathroom!). For optimal sterility, you may purchase exam gloves (latex or non-latex) and, after putting them on, you can dump some isopropyl alcohol (IPA) onto them and rub your hands together thoroughly. Now you really have sterile hands. Exam gloves are very inexpensive as is the bottle of IPA. IPA can be purchased for ~$1/bottle in the grocery store where the band-aids and whatnot.

I recommend you use a fresh syringe for each injection. Yes, some choose to use one syringe, but my feeling is that the syringes are so inexpensive and the risk of cross-contamination from one injection site to the other isn’t worth the risk. Furthermore, every time your syringe needle has to penetrate something (rubber stoppers in vials, skin, etc) it dulls the tip. Thus, maximum comfort is also achieved with fresh syringes.

This topic of “one or two syringes” can be argued, but if it’s your first time, play it safe and get off to a great start by using 2!

Pre-injection Aspiration
Pre-injection aspiration is what you do after the needle has penetrated the muscle. You must gently and slightly pull back on the needle’s plunger to see if you have hit a vein/artery.

Either of two things will happen upon aspiration: A) bubbles/air and/or clear liquid will appear in the syringe (this is good), or B) blood will appear (bad).

If A) occurs, proceed with your injection. If B) occurs, then simply withdraw the needle, and re-pin a different location in that same muscle. You do NOT want to inject your solution into a vein/artery! This may result in very serious consequences. Don’t worry, you can avoid this by simply aspirating slightly. Have faith in yourself.

Injection Procedure
First, do not get all worked up over injecting IGF-1. Easier said than done, I know. But the reality is, the insulin syringes are extremely gentle. Also, millions of people around the world, including women and children, use these syringes daily to treat Diabetes. So you know it can’t be that bad (seriously)! I highly recommend watching a couple videos on youtube regarding intramuscular (IM) injections to get a general idea of how they’re done if you’ve never witnessed them!

Back-Loading With Bacteriostatic Water (BW)
Back-loading is a process in which you dilute the IGF-1/AA solution that is in your syringe. The point is to dilute the acidity to a point that it will no longer cause tissue necrosis (death/damage) or pain upon injection. It is recommended to dilute no less than 4:1 (4 parts BW to 1 part IGF-1/AA).

Example: If you are injecting 40mcg bilat, IM, you will have two syringes each with 20mcg IGF-1. Assume you want to draw 2 IU IGF-1. You will draw 2 IUs of the IGF-1/AA solution, then draw 2x4 = 8 IUs of BW (four times the amount of IGF-1/AA solution). The total number of IUs in each syringe will be 2 + 8 = 10 IUs. It will not hurt you if you decide to back-load with more BW. It is a personal preference.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
***Use my Excel-based “IGF-1” calculator to determine how many IUs you will need for a particular insulin syringe (1cc, 0.5cc, 0.3cc).

Recommended Best Injection Method: Injecting bilaterally, post workout, intramuscularly (Bilat, PWO, IM)

Items you will need
1. Alcohol prep pads
2. 2 insulin syringes
3. Bacteriostatic water (BW)
4. Optional: exam gloves
5. Optional: IPA (to rub gloves with and to clean the surrounding area)

Injection Directions
1. Wash your hands thoroughly
2. Optional: put on exam gloves and rub with IPA until dry
3. Using an alcohol swab, clean the tops of both the IGF-1 vial and the BW vial.
4. Using a fresh alcohol swab, thoroughly clean the injection sites (let dry)
5. Fill each syringe with the appropriate amount of IGF-1/AA solution
a. Do NOT touch the needles to anything but sterile surfaces!
b. It is recommended that you clean/sanitize the area/surfaces you’re working in, in case you mindlessly touch a needle to a table (or other area).
6. Back-loading: Draw up the necessary amount of BW into each syringe.
a. Tilt the needle up and down so the bubble(s) rise and fall, which mixes the solution slightly
7. With the needle pointing up, flick the syringe body to get the bubbles to rise to the needle
8. Slowly expel the air; be careful to not quirt liquid out as this wastes IGF-1
a. It takes >3mL of air to cause harm; small volumes of accidentally injected air will most likely be absorbed by muscle tissue
9. Insert syringe and aspirate by slightly pulling up on the plunger to see if you have hit a vessel. If you see blood, remove needle, and try again (no need to change syringes). If you do NOT see blood, proceed to inject.
10. Perform “7.” thru “9” above on other side.
11. Discard sharps in appropriate container

Glossary

Acetic Acid (AA): An acid that, when diluted to 0.6%, will act as a preservative for your IGF-1. An off-the-shelf version of 5% AA is distilled white vinegar; your IGF-1 may be supplied in acetic acid (usually 0.6%)

Aspiration: The technique of checking to see if your inserted needle is in a blood vessel. It is performed by gently pulling up on the syringe plunger until you either see bubbles/air/clear liquid, or blood. If you see blood, remove needle, and re-try the insertion.

Back-loading: The process of diluting your IGF-1/AA with bacteriostatic water, prior to injection. The purpose is to dilute the acidity of the AA so it doesn’t cause tissue damage and so it doesn’t cause injection burn/discomfort.
A. Draw desired amount of IGF-1/AA solution
B. Back-load with BW: draw desired amount of BW

Bacteriostatic Water (BW): This is water for injection (sterile) that has benzoyl alcohol (BA) added to it to ward of contamination. You use BW to dilute your IGF-1/AA solution prior to injection (aka, “back-loading”).

Bilateral Injection (bilat): An injection which involves the administration of IGF-1 in equal amounts to each side of the body. If you are injecting 40mcg IGF-1 into the biceps bilaterally, you will be injecting 20mcg into each bicep (left & right side).

Distilled Water: Has virtually all of its impurities removed through distillation. Distillation involves boiling the water and then condensing the steam into a clean cup, leaving nearly all of the solid contaminants behind. This is NOT sterile water. It can be purchased in any grocery store in the “water” isle.

Endogenous: Substances that originate from within an organism, tissue, or cell. It is the opposite of exogenous

Exogenous: Refers to an action or object coming from outside a system. It is the opposite of endogenous.

IM: Intramuscular; typically refers to the type of injection where you inject a substance directly into muscle tissue

IGF-1 lr3: A peptide that is responsible for new muscle tissue development; it is synthetic and has a much longer circulatory life than endogenous IGF-1

Lyophilized: The form in which IGF-1 is typically supplied; this is a freeze-dried protein which is performed in a vacuum; appearance may range from a fine, loose white powder, to a white solid “paste”-type substance

PWO: Post Work Out; refers to the time period when the administration of IGF-1 is thought to be the most effective (immediately PWO).

Reconstitution: The addition of 0.6% acetic acid to lyophilized IGF-1r3 to get it into solution. Typically one reconstitutes using 1mL or 2mL of acetic acid, yielding 1mg/mL or 2mg/mL of IGF-1/AA.

Sub-q: Subcutaneous; typically refers to the type of injection where you inject a substance under the skin; this results in systemic distribution of substances.

P

pressmaster

Awards
IGF-1 DES looks very promising and it seems to be better but if lr3 is as said and researched then I believe it should always be included,I mean igf and mgf are great but they can only bond for minutes & unless somebody truly disproves it lr3 can bond for 20+hrs. I have only used lr3 as far as igf goes and I can tell definite results. I never realized the potential of localized inject. but i always put it in my shoulders and they are my best asset which was not the case a yr ago.I was always ignorant about rear delt exercises and did pretty much the same 1 all the time with no alternate but my rear kept growing then I read an article talkin about localized effects like protein synthesis,site specific differentiation,etc.... So don't doubt the lr3 as there r always more skeptics out there but ppl don't always no what they r talking about. I mean this morfeuss character is talking about not mixing des and clen & that's retarded,I always take carbs with my igf-1 sometimes while runnin clen and have had no probs,most ppl talk about stuff messing with them and it's low blood sugar,mixing clen and des should have no adverse effect. I once had a guy tell me ghrp-6 made him feel like he was tripping but he had no clue about nutrient timing and didnt even grasp the advanced rate of gastric emptying and the effects it could have when not eating adequately. This is y we ream so many cats for wanting to mess with gear and they haven't even been training long enough to have their nutrition down.GET YOUR **** 2GETHER BE HUMBLE AND TAKE HELP FROM THOSE WISER THAN YOU BCUZ YOU WILL FIND YOU HAVE MUCH TO LEARN FELLAS,SRRY IF THAT COMES OFF HARSH BUT DAMN I HATE 2 C YOUNG FOLKS MAKE MISTAKES BCUZ OF EGO & THINKING THEY KNOW ALOT WHEN THEY R JUST SCRATCHING THE SURFACE

chess315

chess315

Awards
I am by no means saying im right. I dont really no that you want to have igf in your system a long time though its more of a signaler and it may be in your system a short time but its effects continue for a long time. All of this really doesnt matter though. What does is getting results if something works great.