Accidentally froze my gear....

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Ok so i had my igf-1 mixed with AA, and my BA water all,in my car and it froze. Did I ruin all of it or will it be ok if I thaw it out and use it ?

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Ok so i had my igf-1 mixed with AA, and my BA water all,in my car and it froze. Did I ruin all of it or will it be ok if I thaw it out and use it ?
Cant see a problem with it m8, Just be careful reheating because if its still frozen and you do it to fast obviously the glass will crack.

- Either boil it or bake it!

On a side note im sure IGF-1 is recommended to be stored in the freezer? (Could be wrong though on that)

Id be more worried about heat then cold check out wot happened to my test (On the right) from being in the hot car when i moved locations :D

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
If the water holding a peptide actually freezes solid, it is ruined.
The crystal lattice structure that forms when water freezes (ice) will tear apart a peptide chain (since they are long, delicate chains of amino acids).
But the straight bac water is fine, if it didn't contain any peptides.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
If the water holding a peptide actually freezes solid, it is ruined.
The crystal lattice structure that forms when water freezes (ice) will tear apart a peptide chain (since they are long, delicate chains of amino acids).
But the straight bac water is fine, if it didn't contain any peptides.
Ok but I saw this info stating it was ok at -4 f :

Storage of LR3 IGF-1

*Study conducted by Gropep

The stability of a liquid solution of LR3IGF-I was monitored for a period of two years at storage conditions of -20 C, +4 C, +22 C, and +37 C. The final concentration of LR3IGF-I was in acetic acid. At various time points, samples were taken and compared to a lyophilized control (stored at 4 C). Listed below are the stability results for each respective storage condition.

Storage Condition: -20 C (-4 F)

Biological Potency No Change up to 2 years

Immunological Activity No Change up to 2 years

Mobility of Protein No Change up to 2 years

Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 2 years

Storage Condition: +4 C (39.2 F)

Storage Condition: +22 C (71.6 F)

Storage Condition: +37 C (98.6 F)

Biological Potency No Change up to 1 year

Immunological Activity No Change up to 1 year

Mobility of Protein No Change up to 1 year

Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 1 year

In conclusion, there is no significant difference in the potency of LR3IGF-I associated with the storage of the liquid formulation when stored at this range of temperatures. There is no evidence for loss of biological activity at any of the tested temperatures when stored as a liquid product. As you can see IGF can be quite stable for even a year at room temperature, but if you want to keep it around for a while then stick it into the fridge. So in my opinion the best way to store LR3 that is suspended in BA (benzoic acid) is in the freezer. The BA won’t allow it to freeze. And if you have it suspended in AA (acetic acid), store it in the fridge.

WetWorks

Awards
if its frozen now, don't thaw it until your ready to use. I would thaw it in the fridge for a day before I put it at room temperature to mix the AA into it. my .02

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
if its frozen now, don't thaw it until your ready to use. I would thaw it in the fridge for a day before I put it at room temperature to mix the AA into it. my .02
It was already reconstituted in AA when it froze since then i have thawed it.. i hope its not completely ruined. :grumpy:

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Ok but I saw this info stating it was ok at -4 f :

Storage of LR3 IGF-1

*Study conducted by Gropep

The stability of a liquid solution of LR3IGF-I was monitored for a period of two years at storage conditions of -20 C, +4 C, +22 C, and +37 C. The final concentration of LR3IGF-I was in acetic acid. At various time points, samples were taken and compared to a lyophilized control (stored at 4 C). Listed below are the stability results for each respective storage condition.

Storage Condition: -20 C (-4 F)

Storage Condition: +4 C (39.2 F)

Storage Condition: +22 C (71.6 F)

Storage Condition: +37 C (98.6 F)

Biological Potency No Change up to 1 year

Immunological Activity No Change up to 1 year

Mobility of Protein No Change up to 1 year

Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 1 year

In conclusion, there is no significant difference in the potency of LR3IGF-I associated with the storage of the liquid formulation when stored at this range of temperatures. There is no evidence for loss of biological activity at any of the tested temperatures when stored as a liquid product. As you can see IGF can be quite stable for even a year at room temperature, but if you want to keep it around for a while then stick it into the fridge. So in my opinion the best way to store LR3 that is suspended in BA (benzoic acid) is in the freezer. The BA won’t allow it to freeze. And if you have it suspended in AA (acetic acid), store it in the fridge.
Yeah, but the key here is that it did not actually freeze, because of the BA (and because the temp was contolled).
However, the OP's did freeze solid.
The temp does not matter, but the change to a solid state is what destroys the peptide.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but the key here is that it did not actually freeze, because of the BA (and because the temp was contolled).
However, the OP's did freeze solid.
The temp does not matter, but the change to a solid state is what destroys the peptide.
Well i learned a 120 dollar lesson the hard way. I think when my new batch arrives I'll just reconstitute in AA this time and leave it at room temp and call it a day.

thanks for everyone's help

2res4

Awards
I had a bottle in the fridge that appeared to be freezing. I took it out and let it sit at room temp for 48 hours. It wasn't freezing, but actually started to crystalize. The company stated it was from the way it was lypholized or lack of something. It worked fine and they sent me a bunch of replacements. I transfered the liquid into another vial. I then broke the crystal apart with a syringe and it was solid and jagged. Any ever seen that?

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
I had a bottle in the fridge that appeared to be freezing. I took it out and let it sit at room temp for 48 hours. It wasn't freezing, but actually started to crystalize. The company stated it was from the way it was lypholized or lack of something. It worked fine and they sent me a bunch of replacements. I transfered the liquid into another vial. I then broke the crystal apart with a syringe and it was solid and jagged. Any ever seen that?
No i have not seen that. Mine totally dissolved when i added the AA into it. I just left mine in the car and the temp dropped here in IL and it all froze. Ill just be ordering more now.

Ive noticed online that there is a big difference in price depending on the website. Have you used any of the cheaper stuff and if so how does it compare to the higher priced stuff. Ive been spending around 120 for 1ml is that too much?

2res4

Awards
Hey bro, I would continue to use the vial that froze but keep it refridgerated. If you do some research people recomend pre loading syringes and freezing them until needed and I have read some threads from very respected people on this topic who do this all the time. The reason is to ensure it last longer. So it seems to me freezing does not ruin lr3. I know people are freezing follistatin as well because of the half life. You should be all set.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro, I would continue to use the vial that froze but keep it refridgerated. If you do some research people recomend pre loading syringes and freezing them until needed and I have read some threads from very respected people on this topic who do this all the time. The reason is to ensure it last longer. So it seems to me freezing does not ruin lr3. I know people are freezing follistatin as well because of the half life. You should be all set.

Sweet info ill just keep pinning it then.