METFORMIN AND ITS BENEFITS FOR GHRP THERAPY

forklift28

Awards
I FOUND SOME METFORMIN AND WAS WONDERING THE BEST WAY(TIMES,DOSAGES,EFFECTIVENESS)TO USE..IF IM RIGHT I BELIEVE IT IS ORAL INSULIN.I AM PLANNING ON RUNNING A GHRP/CJC-1295 CYCLE SOON AND WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE ON THE BEST WAY TO UTILIZE THIS DRUG WITH MY UPCOMING GHRP CYCLE.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You found some Metformin?

Sorry bro, you are mistaken, Metformin is not oral insulin. It is a drug that improves insulin sensitivity and slows down hepatic glucose release.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
You found some Metformin?

Sorry bro, you are mistaken, Metformin is not oral insulin. It is a drug that improves insulin sensitivity and slows down hepatic glucose release.
Mmmmm, when I have some on hand I always take some before ice cream or pizza. Its so dirt cheap. I don't use it consistently though because of the Testosterone negation it has been purported to cause.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It is quite inexpensive. Regardless, not really convinced of its benefits for non-diabetics.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
It is quite inexpensive. Regardless, not really convinced of its benefits for non-diabetics.
Just took 500mg tonight, and wasn't even planning on it - ironic. I truly feel it, although not some mystical unicorn drug, its still noticeable.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Metformin has its uses for non diabetics. Its not something you're going to "feel." Metformin is a glucose disposal agent. It takes stress off of the pancreas by decreasing the neccessary amount of insulin to lower blood sugar. It decreases glucose output by the liver, and blunts the spike in insulin from carbohydrate intake. It is used for the same purpose in non diabetics as diabetics. Lower blood glucose without the spike in insulin.

BEAST

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Why would this be beneficial in non-diabetics?
The same reason any glucose disposal agent is useful to a non diabetic. They help shuttle nutrients, allow greater carbohydrate intake to be achieved without such a large insulin spike, and the combination of its effects allow for in total less/minimal/etc fat accumulation.

Are you claming that Anabolic pump, p-slin, recompadrol, glycobol, etc,etc. are all non beneficial in non-diabetics?

This really isn't even debatable; Metformin HCL is a clinically proven and FDA approved effective GDA... how many of the popular GDAs on the market today can make that kind of claim?

BEAST

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The same reason any glucose disposal agent is useful to a non diabetic. They help shuttle nutrients, allow greater carbohydrate intake to be achieved without such a large insulin spike, and the combination of its effects allow for in total less/minimal/etc fat accumulation.

Are you claming that Anabolic pump, p-slin, recompadrol, glycobol, etc,etc. are all non beneficial in non-diabetics?

This really isn't even debatable; Metformin HCL is a clinically proven and FDA approved effective GDA... how many of the popular GDAs on the market today can make that kind of claim?

BEAST
The only reason that Metformin would be beneficial to non-diabetics in a bb context is if it had a nutrient partitioning effect to lean tissue. I have not seen any credible claims that confirm this which why I was asking you.

A uniform reduction in insulin sensitivity in non-diabetic individuals is not a benefit because, if say, 100g of carbs are ingested, then 100g will still be taken up by the same cells. If you are not exceeding the capacity of your insulin function then there is no advantage to increasing your sensitivity to 'supraphysiological levels' because baseline blood glucose levels are non-zero.

Like all medications, Metformin also has its downsides. Even though most descriptions say there is little risk of hypoglycemia, IMO this is relative to taking too much insulin or 'stronger' oral treatments. I was on Metformin for about 2 years and I found that it could lower my blood glucose to about 20% below baseline with low-moderate activity. This is enough to up-regulate catabolism.

In short, I don't think there are enough pros for non-diabetics.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
The only reason that Metformin would be beneficial to non-diabetics in a bb context
Correct.

I have used it sporadically with large cheat meals... and it DOES work - well.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I'm listening... At what?
Adipogenesis Attenuation and Expeditious Gastric Expatriation

Haha, gotta love language. I have no extracted publications from the annals of applied science to support these claims, but I can feel it, and its obvious to me that the proven benefits and method of action seen in diabetics can easily be carried over.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
The only reason that Metformin would be beneficial to non-diabetics in a bb context is if it had a nutrient partitioning effect to lean tissue. I have not seen any credible claims that confirm this which why I was asking you.

A uniform reduction in insulin sensitivity in non-diabetic individuals is not a benefit because, if say, 100g of carbs are ingested, then 100g will still be taken up by the same cells. If you are not exceeding the capacity of your insulin function then there is no advantage to increasing your sensitivity to 'supraphysiological levels' because baseline blood glucose levels are non-zero.

Like all medications, Metformin also has its downsides. Even though most descriptions say there is little risk of hypoglycemia, IMO this is relative to taking too much insulin or 'stronger' oral treatments. I was on Metformin for about 2 years and I found that it could lower my blood glucose to about 20% below baseline with low-moderate activity. This is enough to up-regulate catabolism.

In short, I don't think there are enough pros for non-diabetics.
Not sure if you are saying that it is impossible to be prescribed this but Metform is prescribed to boarder line or pre-diabetics, both are considered non-diabetic.

This happens in many cases to increase insulin sensitivity.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not sure if you are saying that it is impossible to be prescribed this but Metform is prescribed to boarder line or pre-diabetics, both are considered non-diabetic.

This happens in many cases to increase insulin sensitivity.
Nah bro, just differences in medical terminology. Basically when I say non-diabetic I mean people with perfectly normal insulin function: both sensitivity and production.

You are right though that the medical community does use the term pre-diabetic to specify those at early stage.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
My only point is... is metformin a useful tool for:

1. A diabetic - YES
2. A bodybuilder - YES
3. Average non diabetic person - NO

We are speaking about athletes and bodybuilders in this forum, not your average everyday person. So in short, yes to a bodybuilder metformin and other GDAs do prove useful for specific situational use. This doesn't mean that it's alright or good to use all the time indiscriminately.

BEAST

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
My only point is... is metformin a useful tool for:

1. A diabetic - YES
2. A bodybuilder - YES
3. Average non diabetic person - NO

We are speaking about athletes and bodybuilders in this forum, not your average everyday person. So in short, yes to a bodybuilder metformin and other GDAs do prove useful for specific situational use. This doesn't mean that it's alright or good to use all the time indiscriminately.

BEAST
I understand what you're saying now... I thought the entire time you were constructing a defense as to why Metformin served so purpose specific function in the protocol of a trained athlete attempting to mitigate fat gain and favorably modulate the rise and fall of blood sugar.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
I understand what you're saying now... I thought the entire time you were constructing a defense as to why Metformin served so purpose specific function in the protocol of a trained athlete attempting to mitigate fat gain and favorably modulate the rise and fall of blood sugar.
This is precisely what I am saying metformin IS good for. :)

BEAST

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mmmmm, when I have some on hand I always take some before ice cream or pizza. Its so dirt cheap. I don't use it consistently though because of the Testosterone negation it has been purported to cause.
It made its appearance a year or two ago and was the next big thing, but has faded off. After now being show that it reduces igf-1 levels, the mechanism by which growth hormone causes muscle growth, I would just be counteracting the GH i take so I wont touch it. I would imagine its the same for peptides that stimulate the release of growth but I don't know.

All in all, its not oral insulin.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
It made its appearance a year or two ago and was the next big thing, but has faded off. After now being show that it reduces igf-1 levels, the mechanism by which growth hormone causes muscle growth, I would just be counteracting the GH i take so I wont touch it. I would imagine its the same for peptides that stimulate the release of growth but I don't know.

All in all, its not oral insulin.
Oh yeah of course it isn't oral insulin... not sure how that belief came to be. Anyway I only use it prior to a meal I know will elicit a provocative ascension in my glucose levels; no where NEAR enough to cause repetitive or chronic acute interference with IGF-1 levels or output proficiency.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah of course it isn't oral insulin... not sure how that belief came to be. Anyway I only use it prior to a meal I know will elicit a provocative ascension in my glucose levels; no where NEAR enough to cause repetitive or chronic acute interference with IGF-1 levels or output proficiency.
You'll probably see better gains if you lay off the crack pipe :hammer:

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
i was told its hard on your kidneys, by a guy who is waiting for a kidney transplant.

disgraziato

Awards
Metformin is beneficial to non-diabetics, and you don't have to be a BB either. As said already, it improves BG, Reduces the amount of insulin needed, and eases production of liver glucose. Metformin can be used as an adjunct to a fat loss protocol, and many papers have been written proving this benefit. Metformin is also a CR mimetic, in that it shares many of the health and longevity benefits enjoyed by Caloric Restriction.