BW and IGF-1

aznurse

Awards
In a previous thread, a poster used BW to dilute the IGF-1 and was told that it
destroyed the IGF-1. Since BW is water and BA, what causes the destruction, since IGF-1 comes suspended in BA?

aznurse

Awards
Point of clarification. The BW was used to dilute the vials contents and not to dilute a syringe of IGF-01.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
No.. if you inject BW into a vial it will cause it to degrade..

aznurse

Awards
No.. if you inject BW into a vial it will cause it to degrade..
Okay, so why the degradation if BW is BA + water. You can dilute the vial with BA for ease of dosing and there are no issues. Or is it the % of water that causes the degradation? Thanks for the feedback, btw.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
Yes, you can dillute the vial with more BA. There is info in many of these IGF threads from those who've done it.

The peptide will break down quickly in most liquids. It breaks down in BA too, but takes several months to do so. Its said to be most stable in a high pH liquid like hydrochloric acid, but you don't wanna inject that ;).

fiddler

Awards
Okay, so why the degradation if BW is BA + water. You can dilute the vial with BA for ease of dosing and there are no issues. Or is it the % of water that causes the degradation? Thanks for the feedback, btw.
i think what you want to know is why. i haven't taken biochem yet but i can hazard a guess.

igf-1 peptide bonds are delicate and will break down in water. water is very polar, more so than BA and will essentially pull the peptide bonds apart. once the peptide comes apart you no longer have igf-1.

fiddler

aznurse

Awards
i think what you want to know is why. i haven't taken biochem yet but i can hazard a guess.

igf-1 peptide bonds are delicate and will break down in water. water is very polar, more so than BA and will essentially pull the peptide bonds apart. once the peptide comes apart you no longer have igf-1.

fiddler
Thanks everyone! I get it now. I like to understand the science behind what we say, otherwise, decisions can be made on misleading information (opinions and conjecture). I would just like to add that I participate in several boards, but this is one is the best. The quality of the posts is exceptional with solid information being exchanged.