PEPTIDES vs. HGH

mcs5309

Awards
I am interested in using peptides as an alternative to HGH for superior bodyfat reduction, increasing lean mass, as well as for anti-aging and overall well-being. I had used Genotropin mini-quicks before with no discernable results.

I have read many pro and cons on using peptides on this forum and others, and all I can say is that I am thoroughly confused. Other than Dr. Crisler, I don't know any other anti-aging docs using peptides, let alone even know what they are. That, coupled with the fact that they are sold for research purposes only and aren't FDA approved doesn't give me too much confidence in safety and stability (although all the supplements I take aren't FDA-approved either, but the difference is that I'm not injecting them either). At my age, I am not interested in using myself as a human guinea pig!

So, bottom line, other than cost and ease of purchase, are there really any benefits of using peptides like GHRP-6 and CJC-1295 over using HGH based on the most up-to-date findings?

Many have advised to forget the peptides and just wait until the FDA approves Tesamorelin - which is supposed to be more effective than

Those with the wisdom and experience, please help guide me!

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
i dont know about all the other peps but i know that igf-1lr3 is hand down the best!
i feel its better then even HGH.
cost wise AND results wise.
please please please look at IGF-1LR3 !
a 6 wk cycle of it @ 50-70mcg ed is great

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your goals are all that you listed, I wouldn't mess with the peptides, I'd go straight for gh at 4IU ED. Just get some cheap generics and you should be good; you can get them at a very good price if you search around and know where to look (Don't pm me and ask tho).

It prolly wouldn't really be any more expensive going this route as well.

Mike

mcs5309

Awards
If your goals are all that you listed, I wouldn't mess with the peptides, I'd go straight for gh at 4IU ED. Just get some cheap generics and you should be good; you can get them at a very good price if you search around and know where to look (Don't pm me and ask tho).

It prolly wouldn't really be any more expensive going this route as well.

Mike
One thing that concerns me though is that GH can cause bloat and water retention which can lead to hypertension (I'm already prone to high blood pressure), not to mention the cancer risks. Thoughts on this?

Also - what about igf-1lr3 that RAHHH is talking about which I'm not familiar with?

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
here is some basic info i copy/pasted off google (sirry im a bit tierd Ill find better if needed):
IGF-1 is a peptide roughly the same structure and size as insulin, or about 70 amino acids long. It belongs to the peptide family of substances identified as growth factors. It is a highly anabolic hormone released in the liver as well as in peripheral tissues such as skeletal muscle. In the body, IGF-1 is released in response to the presence of Human Growth Hormone (HGH). After intense resistance training, the body experiences a surge in GH and IGF, and this is one way that new muscle is built. Although GH is considered to be highly anabolic, in actuality, IGF-1 is suspected to be responsible for the primary anabolic activities of GH.

IGF-1 builds new muscle tissue by promoting nitrogen retention and protein synthesis. This causes the growth of muscles through both hyperplasia (which is an increase in number of muscle cells) and mitogenesis (which is the actual growth of new muscle fibers). Thus IGF-1 not only makes muscle fibers bigger, it makes more of them as well!

IGF-1’s effects are not limited to building new muscle, however. It has a potent effect on lipid (fat) metabolism, and helps the body burn fat at a significantly elevated rate. In addition, IGF-1 is both a neuroprotector and neuropromotor, which improves mental functions such as reflexes, memory, and learning ability. IGF is also important for production of connective tissue andIGF-1 insuring proper bone density.

Although IGF-1 is very potent at building muscle and burning fat, the Lr3 IGF-1 version is roughly 2-3x as powerful.

Lr3IGF-1 (Long R3 Insulin-like Growth Factor-I or Long R3IGF-I) is an 83 amino acid analog of human IGF-I actually comprising the complete human IGF-1 sequence but with the substitution of an Arg for the Glu at position 3, as well as a 13 amino acid extension peptide at the N-terminus. This makes Long R3IGF-I significantly more potent (2-3x) than IGF-I in studies, because it has a lower affinity to be rendered inactive by IGF binding proteins, and consequently more potential activity in the body.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm currently on 10iu GH 5X per week. I have not experienced a direct rise in blood pressure from the GH but if the mechanism of action in regards to hypertension is fluid overload, I take 12.5mg of HCTZ daily so that would offset that, so honestly I can't give you a true opinion because I just don't know. The bloat from GH even at 10iu for me though was never really that bad.

Are you currently taking anything for blood pressure since you are prone?

mcs5309

Awards
I'm currently on 10iu GH 5X per week. I have not experienced a direct rise in blood pressure from the GH but if the mechanism of action in regards to hypertension is fluid overload, I take 12.5mg of HCTZ daily so that would offset that, so honestly I can't give you a true opinion because I just don't know. The bloat from GH even at 10iu for me though was never really that bad.

Are you currently taking anything for blood pressure since you are prone?
I am using herbal extracts to control it - AND - of course once I get my BF% down, I am hopeful the BP should drop as well. The HGH would help in reducing the BF, so as long as it doesn't eventually cause the fluid retention from continued use, I'm good.

Question: Have you used any peptides?

mcs5309

Awards
here is some basic info i copy/pasted off google (sirry im a bit tierd Ill find better if needed):
IGF-1 is a peptide roughly the same structure and size as insulin, or about 70 amino acids long. It belongs to the peptide family of substances identified as growth factors. It is a highly anabolic hormone released in the liver as well as in peripheral tissues such as skeletal muscle. In the body, IGF-1 is released in response to the presence of Human Growth Hormone (HGH). After intense resistance training, the body experiences a surge in GH and IGF, and this is one way that new muscle is built. Although GH is considered to be highly anabolic, in actuality, IGF-1 is suspected to be responsible for the primary anabolic activities of GH.

IGF-1 builds new muscle tissue by promoting nitrogen retention and protein synthesis. This causes the growth of muscles through both hyperplasia (which is an increase in number of muscle cells) and mitogenesis (which is the actual growth of new muscle fibers). Thus IGF-1 not only makes muscle fibers bigger, it makes more of them as well!

IGF-1’s effects are not limited to building new muscle, however. It has a potent effect on lipid (fat) metabolism, and helps the body burn fat at a significantly elevated rate. In addition, IGF-1 is both a neuroprotector and neuropromotor, which improves mental functions such as reflexes, memory, and learning ability. IGF is also important for production of connective tissue andIGF-1 insuring proper bone density.

Although IGF-1 is very potent at building muscle and burning fat, the Lr3 IGF-1 version is roughly 2-3x as powerful.

Lr3IGF-1 (Long R3 Insulin-like Growth Factor-I or Long R3IGF-I) is an 83 amino acid analog of human IGF-I actually comprising the complete human IGF-1 sequence but with the substitution of an Arg for the Glu at position 3, as well as a 13 amino acid extension peptide at the N-terminus. This makes Long R3IGF-I significantly more potent (2-3x) than IGF-I in studies, because it has a lower affinity to be rendered inactive by IGF binding proteins, and consequently more potential activity in the body.
Yes, I found this link too. Thanks, RAHHH

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am using herbal extracts to control it - AND - of course once I get my BF% down, I am hopeful the BP should drop as well. The HGH would help in reducing the BF, so as long as it doesn't eventually cause the fluid retention from continued use, I'm good.

Lol i've used just about everything there is. I will only touch Gh, igf, and maybe pegMGF again.

mcs5309

Awards
Lol i've used just about everything there is. I will only touch Gh, igf, and maybe pegMGF again.
With as much experience as you have, what's your opinion as to HGH's other sides, i.e. negative feedback loop, not to mention risk of cancers and other health effects (which is why I thought it made more sense in using secretagogues to produce it naturally in the body as opposed to injecting it)?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The negative side effects like cancer and the like I can not comment on; those are issues that will if anything need to be dealt with down the road. I am still young, and so far my blood work every 6 months has come back "Okay." Not always perfect at times, but how can you expect everything to be spot on perfect when your running orals; obviously liver values will go up.

From an effectiveness standpoint, I see no point in going outside of HGH and IGF-1, maybe PegMGF.

punkinhat

Awards
Personal experience here with both peptides (CJC1295 + ghrp2 & 6), and also hgh (omnitrope). I began using peptides a couple months ago to save money on the hgh (which was dr prescribed for anti aging-low gh levels). My husband also started using them at the same time, and he has never used any supplements. He is 61 and tends to get fit pretty quickly, genetically, but his response to the peptides was great -- he quickly put on a lot of muscle (in about a month), even with only going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week. His dose was WAY lower than other bodybuilding sorts use (about 300 mcg in the evening before eating, and the CJC twice a week, not sure on dose but not high).

I am about to get my IGF levels taken so I will report back on them. I use these things for health and wellness and to maintain bone mass etc. My results have not been as dramatic as my husbands, but my impression is they are more effective in men.

I HAVE had some of the same effects the hgh gave me so I know they are working somewhat (hair on my head more plentiful, skin a bit tighter and more smooth, deeper sleep).

mcs5309

Awards
Personal experience here with both peptides (CJC1295 + ghrp2 & 6), and also hgh (omnitrope). I began using peptides a couple months ago to save money on the hgh (which was dr prescribed for anti aging-low gh levels).
How does your doc feel about your use of the peptides in conjunction with HGH?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yes I have used peptides. My feelings in regards to them is that as a standalone, they are no good. GH by itself on the other hand is great. Peptides when stacked with GH I feel have a synergistic effect and become very noticeable.

Mike

patriot37

Awards
Peptides are way better than HGH, from my experience, and a fraction of the cost....google dat's guide to peptides and read for yourself....

Civa

Awards
All, I know this is an old thread, however I have an urgent request.

I am 42 years old, 6' 2", and between 160 to 170 lbs, have always had a high metabolism, and am essentially an ectomorph.

I have always been under weight, and am a HARD gainer, now matter what I do.

I am about to start a regimen of Iyengar yoga (because, no fake spiritual bull****, only stretching, alignment, and posture), have found a rolfer, and will be looking into trigger point.

Now is the part where you all come in:

I have purchased an Injex 30 liquid injector, for the explicit purpose of a supplement program. I was at first looking at ipamorelin and testosterone, however I have heard Ipamorelin isn't actually that helpful, and that GHRP may be a better choice, due to appetite increase, etc. That is how I stumbled upon this.

I am looking for a peptide, anabolic, testosterone program that will help, and am inquiring whether lgr3 IGF-1 is a better and more effective choice, or should I be looking at GHRP, or even somethings like this HGH formula I have found.

I am in desperate need of assistance on this, and am visiting every forum possible for assistance, as every seems to want to LOSE weight, but theres no one like me, having difficulty GAINING weight for muscle mass.

I thank you all in advance.