Benzodiazapines block igf-1?

hulky10

Awards
I take kilonopin for anxiety and just read a study the mentioned it has an effect on igf-1 secretion. And since I'm taking igf-1, this wouldn't be good.... Any insight appreciated.

saemc

Awards
IDK?.I hope not,i take an occassional benzo 4 sleep and haven't noticed any negative effects or lack there of,but i don't take regularly/daily,so maybe it possibly could??..I need more info on this!!

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I take kilonopin for anxiety and just read a study the mentioned it has an effect on igf-1 secretion. And since I'm taking igf-1, this wouldn't be good.... Any insight appreciated.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you are on IGF-1 then your natural secretion of IGF-1 is negligible. Isn't the body's natural level <1mcg? So you are already taking at least 40i.u.. Why worry about the benzos effect on your natural secretion?

Evan Bageris

Evan Bageris

Awards
There are no known contraindications regarding Benzo's taken concurrently with IGF-1.
Benzo's don't block Igf-1 nor the other way around. BTW, Klonopin isn't classified as a benzo, although it certainly fits the bill structurally and is often prescribed for the same symptoms as Xanax, Ativan, Valium etc. This has led many to believe it is not addictive in the same way as the above mentioned, but that is pure fallacy. The rehabs across America are filled with people who need long term care to D/C Klonopin. It still won't affect your exo or endo IGF.

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
There are no known contraindications regarding Benzo's taken concurrently with IGF-1.
Benzo's don't block Igf-1 nor the other way around. BTW, Klonopin isn't classified as a benzo, although it certainly fits the bill structurally and is often prescribed for the same symptoms as Xanax, Ativan, Valium etc. This has led many to believe it is not addictive in the same way as the above mentioned, but that is pure fallacy. The rehabs across America are filled with people who need long term care to D/C Klonopin. It still won't affect your exo or endo IGF.
Klonopin (clonazepam) most certainly IS a benzodiazepine, and is just as addictive as the rest of them. What makes it different from one like xanax is its long half-life (6 days) as opposed to xanax's which is like 6 hours or something. So klonopin's addictive potential in terms of withdrawal is less because it does not cause as large a rebound. This is why it is often used to "ween" off of other fast-acting, harsher benzos like xanax, ativan, valium, etc. But it is a benzodiazepine by all accounts.

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Klonopin has the largest half-life out of the big range of benzos, which does make it useful to wean people of shorter acting medicines like valium or xanax

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is interesting, I have to look into this. Good post bro.

slow

Awards
I am curious about the first comment:

"kilonopin for anxiety and just read a study the mentioned it has an effect on igf-1 secretion"

Where did you read this?

Btw: Valium and its metabolites have a long half life.

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards

Can we see the study?

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Valium may have a long half-life but its acute half-life, or the length of time where its effects can really be felt is only about 6-8 hours. Klonopin is more in the 12-14 range.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 0
SSJ4GOD General Chat 6
Anabolics 11
musclemaker Company Promotions 2
Anabolics 6