low IGF-1 symptoms

I

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Any1 here experienced this and can give a 1st hand impression of the symptoms?

I tried looking it up and the symptoms are either very vague or symptoms of 1000 other things:
Increased fat around waist line
Social isolation
Emotional instability
Depression
Reduced physical activity
Increased DHT

S

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I take 3 grams of GABA at bedtime and my igf-1 was slightly above range last I checked. Ironic as everything else was low. Its cheap in powder form, about $5 a month and I guess it works.

I

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I hate my dreams, aparently GABA before bed can cause lucid dreams, so its something I wouldnt take, before bed anyway.

S

spinn

Awards
  • Established
that has not happened to me, and Ive never heard of that side effect.

S

spinn

Awards
  • Established
when drinking it in powder and water form do it very slowly, if not, you will have trouble breathing, its weird. I mix it with magnesium and drink the 6 oz mixture for about an hour.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Start with lower dosage and work way up
Too much can cause hypoventilation which is not a pleasant experience and can be scarey.

Igf-1 is not a valid measure of gh
i have had people with high igf-1 and low gh out put 24 hour. I have talked to dr nordt about this extensively and urine is the only valid indicator of true gh out put.

I

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Dr. John ordered igf-1 afew years ago and it came back very low in range I assume cause my TT was low for me.
I had reason not to start GH treatment back then but its getting to the time were it will become an option for me soon.

As you can tell from my other thread I am experiencing symptoms which has to be hormonal and I suspect it is either low E2, low T or low IGF-1.

My GH now could be higher cause I am more active, or even lower possibly out of range due to lower E2 from arimidex, so this is why I would like to know what the specific symptoms are, what it feels like. People here describe high T, low T, high E2, low E2 descriptively but I cant find any details on low GH anywhere.

By the sounds of GABAs side effects I dunno if I want to try it. I tried Indoplex DIM before starting Arimidex and it did SFA for me confirmed by blood tests too, so I am not big on supplements to manipulate hormones.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Dr. John ordered igf-1 afew years ago and it came back very low in range I assume cause my TT was low for me.
I had reason not to start GH treatment back then but its getting to the time were it will become an option for me soon.

As you can tell from my other thread I am experiencing symptoms which has to be hormonal and I suspect it is either low E2, low T or low IGF-1.

My GH now could be higher cause I am more active, or even lower possibly out of range due to lower E2 from arimidex, so this is why I would like to know what the specific symptoms are, what it feels like. People here describe high T, low T, high E2, low E2 descriptively but I cant find any details on low GH anywhere.

By the sounds of GABAs side effects I dunno if I want to try it. I tried Indoplex DIM before starting Arimidex and it did SFA for me confirmed by blood tests too, so I am not big on supplements to manipulate hormones.
Gh is last to get correct because correcting the others will eventually increase gh if not then GHRT is the next step.

S

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Matrix is right, you definitely have to work your way up. Taking too much too quickly can be frightening. It is not at all dangerous it just has to be taken slowly.

I

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Taking too much too quickly can be frightening. It is not at all dangerous it just has to be taken slowly.
Not sure if your referring to GABA or ghrt? I did some reading earlier and it said people start off on a small dose of GH and work there way up.

S

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if your referring to GABA or ghrt? I did some reading earlier and it said people start off on a small dose of GH and work there way up.
Im talking about Gaba...ghrt is growth hormone replacement therapy, correct? No way I could afford that.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Im talking about Gaba...ghrt is growth hormone replacement therapy, correct? No way I could afford that.
15 bucks a month you can not afford?
All I pay :)

Just have to under stand physiology and biochemistry to get the same response from something that is just as good as real GH. Actually for 15 bucks a month I get equilient to about 1.5 ius gh a day.

S

spinn

Awards
  • Established
so what is this substance as good as GH that costs $15?

L

legbuh

Awards
I hate my dreams, aparently GABA before bed can cause lucid dreams, so its something I wouldnt take, before bed anyway.
Technically you meant "vivid" dreams or probably nightmares. Lucid dreams are something that if you had, you'd strive for every time you slept. :)

It's where you realize you're dreaming and take control and do whatever you want. An amazing and fulfilling experience. And, your nightmares will virtually go away.

Now, I started Semorelin about 2 months ago and since the first night have had very vivid dreams at night (which I personally love). Even naps during the day I'll dream like an SOB.

I

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Technically you meant "vivid" dreams or probably nightmares. Lucid dreams are something that if you had, you'd strive for every time you slept. :)

It's where you realize you're dreaming and take control and do whatever you want. An amazing and fulfilling experience. And, your nightmares will virtually go away.

Now, I started Semorelin about 2 months ago and since the first night have had very vivid dreams at night (which I personally love). Even naps during the day I'll dream like an SOB.
Nah I meant lucid, I have had a couple which were ages ago and I thought they were great but atm now I hate my vivid dreams so dont even want lucid dreams.

Great so your on ghrt and your getting vivid dreams from it? are you on a high dose or taking it before you sleep, is this a normal side effect?

I

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Moved this to the IGF-1 forums in the hopes to get an answer to my original question, should of posted it there in the 1st place as its more suited.