IGF-1 R3 great so far and my HAIR is growing back!

serengo

Awards
I'm loving the IGF, getting great results, pretty much what others have been saying, good pumps, small lean gains, great overall body composition changes. The only downsides I noticed is that I can't kick my kids butt at PS2 since the video game kills my knuckles, but typing is fine and nothing else has bothered.

Here's the thing, I'm 37 and the male pattern baldness started kicking in about 12 years ago. I have been using rogaine(tm) for 4-5 years steady, and it just slows the progress IMO. I am seeing new hair growth after two weeks of IGF-1 R3. This is not my imagination, small fine hairs where my hairline has receeded are coming back. Anyway, thought others might like to know.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
That is good news, I stared the skin yamika (sp?) about 3 years ago, maybe this will bring some of it back :)

Whats your dosage? Do you think it could be a combo of the IGF and the rogaine?

serengo

Awards
That is good news, I stared the skin yamika (sp?) about 3 years ago, maybe this will bring some of it back :)

Whats your dosage? Do you think it could be a combo of the IGF and the rogaine?
I wondered that as well, I do know that when I stop rogain (did for 2 mos once) there is a very noticeable increase in hair loss. I check the screen over the drain in the shower. Perhaps there is some synergy there, but I haven's seen anything but the finest of hairs with rogain and I've been using it over 4 years. It's enough that I noticed, so did my wife.

I started at 60mcg/day and went to 80mcg/day
I am also taking 4iu insulin post workout. (caution: insulin and igf-1 r3 together you need to know wtf you're doing)

This was a test run, I'm going to be using it in my next cycle and I think I will run it at 50-60mcg/day I don't think 80 was any better.

Last edited:
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds great. This product should definetly be more effective the older you are.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmmm...You mean there is hope? lol

Topical IGF and Rogaine solution perhaps? lol

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A peptide in a transdermal solution? I think not ;)

gobig1

Awards
I am seeing new hair growth after two weeks of IGF-1 R3. This is not my imagination, small fine hairs where my hairline has receeded are coming back. Anyway, thought others might like to know.
I have the same thing, MPB started 20 years ago, since being on IGF for 15 days, my hair texture and feel is great. I will have to look closer, probably have some regrowth as well, what a great side to have. Not really concerned with it after 20 years of dealing with it, but again, who'd a thunk it!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Hot damn.. another reason to be using IGF-1

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
good news for me...I'll be starting this week at 39yrs...

98BlueSupraTT

Awards
I'm loving the IGF, getting great results, pretty much what others have been saying, good pumps, small lean gains, great overall body composition changes. The only downsides I noticed is that I can't kick my kids butt at PS2 since the video game kills my knuckles, but typing is fine and nothing else has bothered.

You said it kills your knuckles, Does IGF cause arthritis? or carpal tunnel?

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
You said it kills your knuckles, Does IGF cause arthritis? or carpal tunnel?
Stiffness

An almost arthritic feeling is commonly associated with high levels of HGH, well IGF1 has the exact same property. IGF1 will cause your hands, fingers and knuckles to ache this is one way you can be sure you got real IGF1.

IGF-1's Side effects

Every thing has a down side. To bake a cake ya gotta brake an egg. IGF1 is no exception. The drug used in larger quantity around the 100mcg+ range will cause headaches, occasional nausea and can contribute to low blood sugar or hypoglycemia in some users. Although I have never heard of this first hand I'm sure its true.

98BlueSupraTT

Awards
oh ok I just had never heard of that being a side effect yet. I'm sure you can keep the effects minimal if you use the correct dosage and don't abuse it. Thanks

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For me, the joint aches were in my feet, mostly my toes.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I wondered that as well, I do know that when I stop rogain (did for 2 mos once) there is a very noticeable increase in hair loss. I check the screen over the drain in the shower. Perhaps there is some synergy there, but I haven's seen anything but the finest of hairs with rogain and I've been using it over 4 years. It's enough that I noticed, so did my wife.
Are you using just straight Rogaine? (5% minoxidil) There are much better products out there! Shampooing with Nizoral EOD, using a 2% spironolatctone topical solution ,prior to applying a 5% azelaic acid/5% minoxidil solution 2x a day has really worked wonders for my hairline and thickness. I believe there's another shampoo called Nioxin that is supposed to work really well, as well as oral Finasteride, but I havent used either.

Im 28 now, and noticed my hair started to thin at 22. Started using the above combo about 8 months ago, 2 months after the starting the regimen my hair was noticeably thicker. Then I ran out of stuff, moved, and just negelected things. After about 2 months or so I started losing a LOT of hair again.

So I started back on it, and within a month my hair came back with a vengence. The thing about straight minoxidil is - it stimulates hair regrowth, but does nothing to inhibit the DHT that caused your hair to fall out in the first place. Combining minoxidil with the potent androgen/DHT blockers spironolactone and azelaic acid gives a potent 1-2 hit to MPB. Using the Nizoral shampoo eod primes the scalp for hair regeneration, and also helps to inhibit DHT.

I would think that combining the above combo with a cycle of IGF-1R3 would really provide some interesting results in terms of hair regrowth.

BV

psywzrd

Awards
  • Established
Are you using just straight Rogaine? (5% minoxidil) There are much better products out there! Shampooing with Nizoral EOD, using a 2% spironolatctone topical solution ,prior to applying a 5% azelaic acid/5% minoxidil solution 2x a day has really worked wonders for my hairline and thickness. I believe there's another shampoo called Nioxin that is supposed to work really well, as well as oral Finasteride, but I havent used either.

Im 28 now, and noticed my hair started to thin at 22. Started using the above combo about 8 months ago, 2 months after the starting the regimen my hair was noticeably thicker. Then I ran out of stuff, moved, and just negelected things. After about 2 months or so I started losing a LOT of hair again.

So I started back on it, and within a month my hair came back with a vengence. The thing about straight minoxidil is - it stimulates hair regrowth, but does nothing to inhibit the DHT that caused your hair to fall out in the first place. Combining minoxidil with the potent androgen/DHT blockers spironolactone and azelaic acid gives a potent 1-2 hit to MPB. Using the Nizoral shampoo eod primes the scalp for hair regeneration, and also helps to inhibit DHT.

I would think that combining the above combo with a cycle of IGF-1R3 would really provide some interesting results in terms of hair regrowth.

BV
Where are you buying this stuff? Do you get the azelaic/minoxidil mix pre-made or are you mixing that yourself? I might want to try your little regime there.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
http://www.minoxidil.com carries all these products, however you must become a patient first. Some of them can only be purchased with a sript, others are OTC.
www.minoxidil.com is the place to go. Decent prices and excellent products and service. Yes, you have to become a patient first but it couldnt be easier. Email them from the site, they'll send you a form to fill out. Do that, mail it to Dr.Lee, and in a week or so you'll have email confirmation that you're eligible to order from the website.

www.wholesalehairproducts.com is also a good source, although they've had some service/quality issues in the past when one of their founding members passed away unexpectedly. (RIP) I ordered from them recently, they shipped very quickly. Better prices on minoxidil+azelaic here.

the minoxidil.com has a much wider selection however, and a lot of good info.

The products I listed work great for me, YMMV. Defiately worth a try if you're concerned about your hair!

BV

Last edited:
Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
www.minoxidil.com is the place to go. Decent prices and excellent products and service. Yes, you have to become a patient first but it couldnt be easier. Email them from the site, they'll send you a form to fill out. Do that, mail it to Dr.Lee, and in a week or so you'll have email confirmation that you're eligible to order from the website. It couldnt be easier.

www.wholesalehairproducts.com is also a good source, although they've had some service/quality issues in the past when one of their founding members passed away unexpectedly. (RIP) I ordered from them recently, they shipped very quickly. Better prices on minoxidil+azelaic here.

the minoxidil.com has a much wider selection however, and a lot of good info.

The products I listed work great for me, YMMV. Defiately worth a try if you're concerned about your hair!

BV
Dr. Lee is good but too much hassle and prices are BS. Wholesalehairproducts is much cheaper for the same basic ****. Spiro cream, Minox formula like Lee's Xandrox, Nizoral.

So far in my experience the service has been great. They had a lil hickup when Gearedup died (obviously) but its all back on track now. All orders were filled.

I would like to see some independent lab tests on their Spiro 5% cream and Azelaic Acid 5% + Minoxidil 5% solution. One of you high rollers should send some in. :D I have no reason to doubt their quality but I always appreciate seeing tests from companies I spend money with on a regular basis. Wether it's regular supps, prosteroids, hair cair solutions anything... its still our money and their word.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
This thread got off topic...

But its crazy that everyone is getting hair growth from IGF-1 R3. I guess it makes sense though. Many GH users report this also....

Im still not settled on the whole safety of it. That whole cancer thing... call me a pussy.

"My Hair and Tumor growth increased 75% !" ;)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
So far in my experience the service has been great. They had a lil hickup when Gearedup died (obviously) but its all back on track now. All orders were filled.
I personally never have had a bad experience with wwhp - a bottle of minoxidil+azelaic they sent me had gone out of solution and I had to heat and shake it before application, plus it was a dark amber color. They responded to my concerns quickly via email, and the stuff did work just fine. Fast, two day shipping too.

The minoxidil site carries a superior version of Nizoral, though. Plus the retinoic acid additive, which definately helps absorption. (albeit drying out the scalp a bit)

I like having the option of ordering from both places.

OK, back on topic:)

Im still not settled on the whole safety of it. That whole cancer thing... call me a pussy.
Is there a real risk of IGF-1 causing cancer? Or is there only a risk of it increasing the growth of cancerous tissue already present in the body? From studies Ive read on PubMed, IGF somehow suppresses apoptosis. (preprogrammed cellular death), I didnt find anything relating to it actually mutating a cell and causing it to multiply out of control.

BV

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
I personally never have had a bad experience with wwhp - a bottle of minoxidil+azelaic they sent me had gone out of solution and I had to heat and shake it before application, plus it was a dark amber color. They responded to my concerns quickly via email, and the stuff did work just fine. Fast, two day shipping too.
Hmm, I've ordered it often and never got that before. It does have a slight amber color but Dr. Lee's Xandrox does too. I have heard of people getting some crystalization from both companies but I have never had it. I dont think it affects the solution too much as long as you do what you did.

Is there a real risk of IGF-1 causing cancer? Or is there only a risk of it increasing the growth of cancerous tissue already present in the body? From studies Ive read on PubMed, IGF somehow suppresses apoptosis. (preprogrammed cellular death), I didnt find anything relating to it actually mutating a cell and causing it to multiply out of control.

BV
There is no solid evidence that IGF-1 -causes- cancer. If you have cancer or were to get cancer it can increase the rate of growth but the same can be said for just about all androgens. I read a post once that said Tren alone increased hepatic IGF-1 levels by 150% and alll AAS will increase IGF-1. So you can see where it becomes a moot point. Where AAS increases muscle cell size IGF-1 literally causes the cells to proliferate and divide. We all know what cancer is and you can see how anything that causes changes in the cells like this could possibly do more than we think. It makes me uneasy but like I said there is no real evidence. Personally, I dont think most of us even need IFG-1 and HGH - I highy doubt we are tapping our full potential with simple AAS/Training/Diet. IMO HGH, IGF-1, Slin are tools for the elite bodybuilder who has reached a level we can only hope to come close to. Anyone can use/abuse anything. But the question is have you reached a level where you really "need" it to achieve new gains. That said, if money was no concern I would probably be on a nice amount of GH right now :D thats the problem with "our kind"....

Last edited:
BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
But the question is have you reached a level where you really "need" it to achieve new gains. That said, if money was no concern I would probably be on a nice amount of GH right now thats the problem with "our kind"....
I hear you there bro. My answer to that question is a resounding 'hell no!'...Ive got long way to go before I max out genetically. Im intrigued by the hyperplasia effects of IGF-1, though. Could IGF-1 actually increase the amount of muscle cells in genetically weak areas, so that when proper diet and training are followed, these previously 'lagging' parts are quick to catch up - or even respond in a completely new way?

The rejuvinating effects of IGF are also really interesting. Those that are in their 40's claiming it's made their face look younger, dramatically reduced wrinkles, regrown hair, etc. Sounds like its tapping into the aging/growth mechanisms in the body on a genetic level. That's awesome, and definately kind of frightening. Maybe Ill wait until Im 70 and load up on the stuff:)

BV

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I do think that some of the effects of IGF-1 are age dependent... if you are older due to the reduction of your natural levels of IGF-1, the effects you see will be more pronounced when you are using IGF-1R3

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Regarding the cancer thing; I remember reading an article in like reader's digest or something, that a doctor was saying that "Most people walk around with forms of cancer everyday. It's just so little and our immune systems can fight it enough that its really no big concern."

It went into further explanation, I'll try to find were I read it at....but if thats the case, then I see no reason why IGF-1 couldn't cause cancer in some. I'm not saying this is fact, but I'm not saying that I just pulled this outa my ass either....more info would be great here...

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Regarding the cancer thing; I remember reading an article in like reader's digest or something, that a doctor was saying that "Most people walk around with forms of cancer everyday. It's just so little and our immune systems can fight it enough that its really no big concern."

It went into further explanation, I'll try to find were I read it at....but if thats the case, then I see no reason why IGF-1 couldn't cause cancer in some. I'm not saying this is fact, but I'm not saying that I just pulled this outa my ass either....more info would be great here...

I saw something about this same thing on a news show about a year ago or so, (maybe 60 Minutes? maybe Dateline?). The topic was about insurance costs and doctors who abuse the processes with unnecessary procedures. The main example they used was with women's breast cancer. Aparently, most women have tiny spots of cancerous tissue that form early in their lives. With new, expensive equipment, these tiny harmless spots that would never ever have grown were being removed as a precaution. It was a well understood fact in the medical community that these cancerous spots were absolutely harmless and that they were not even worth logging in a medical record with the frequency most of these women were getting mamograms.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
So, assuming that many of us are carrying a miniscule amount of some type of cancerous tissue - then IGF1R3 usage could possibly aggrivate this tissue into becomming a tumor?

Even for the 4 weeks that a cycle lasts?

BV

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
So, assuming that many of us are carrying a miniscule amount of some type of cancerous tissue - then IGF1R3 usage could possibly aggrivate this tissue into becomming a tumor?

Even for the 4 weeks that a cycle lasts?

BV
Well yes, thats whats being debated. I cannot see how it couldn't happen. If you look at what IGF-1 does and how it acts/reacts, then its only common sense that it could indeed happen. Now, how much of a chance and to what degree?....dunno...thats whats needed to be found out still....

Hey BigV, did you start your AAS cycle yet man?? If so, hows it goin bro??

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well yes, thats whats being debated. I cannot see how it couldn't happen. If you look at what IGF-1 does and how it acts/reacts, then its only common sense that it could indeed happen. Now, how much of a chance and to what degree?....dunno...thats whats needed to be found out still....
I think Ill hold off on the IGF-1 usage for the time being. I was tossing the idea around, the positive effects are really amazing - but Ill wait until more research is done if/when I decide to go with it.

Hey BigV, did you start your AAS cycle yet man?? If so, hows it goin bro??
Not yet!! Im still researching the whole cycle, I want to have everything planned out and ready to go. I know that it will push me to a new phase of growth and development; Im really excited about that prospect and I want to be able to focus 100% to realize maximum gains.

Plus, Ive learned so much from this site Id like to give back a little by posting up a really detailed cycle log.

Im so busy right now with work, and I dont have a training partner at the moment. Everything has to be just right before I embrace the dark side...:) Muhahahahaha!!:)

BV

kbrkbr

Awards

Here's the thing, I'm 37 and the male pattern baldness started kicking in about 12 years ago. I have been using rogaine(tm) for 4-5 years steady, and it just slows the progress IMO. I am seeing new hair growth after two weeks of IGF-1 R3. This is not my imagination, small fine hairs where my hairline has receeded are coming back. Anyway, thought others might like to know.
Bro, wha brand you using? Thanks muchly.

muscleup

Banned
Awards
Bump for this ?...I hate bodyhair
Ok... question... sorry if it is a stupid one. But I am VERY concerned about any additional bodyhair ? Especially on the back/ shoulders etc ?

Did ANYONE notice this or is it only on your head ?

IGF-1 sounds almost too good to be true. I hope prices come down soon.

RunDMT

Awards
Bump for this ?...I hate bodyhair
I noticed a little extra hair growth on my shoulders, traps, and upper back area. It's not a lot, my girl doesn't notice it but I can. But it won't turn you into a gorilla or anything. ;)

bubsnt3

Awards
  • Established
OK.. for a 5 year old thread.. I was liking the post topic so I researched this.. If I am understanding the below correctly, IGF-1 appears to increase hairloss. Anyone?
Occurrence of the male hair pattern is considered to be an
androgen-mediated process that depends on circulating testosterone and
dihydrotestosterone concentrations as well as on local conversion of
circulating testosterone to dihydrotestosterone in the skin (catalyzed
by the enzyme 5alpha-reductase). Our data confirm that there is a
stronger link between circulating testosterone and baldness, whereas
testosterone has a less obvious function in regulating the relatively
less androgen-dependent chest hair density. Androgen action stimulates
vellus hair to develop into coarse, pigmented hair on the body, but
prolonged exposure to androgen leads to regression to vellus hair and,
frequently, balding of the scalp. Little is known about the specific
function of SHBG or estradiol in male hair growth or hair loss, and
the results of our study, in this respect, must be replicated before a
credible conclusion can be reached. It is conceivable, however, that
high SHBG levels reduce the bioavailability of testosterone and thus
modulate its effect on hair patterning.

Our findings suggest that high levels of IGF-1 may be associated with
increased risk of vertex baldness. Substantial clinical evidence
appears to support this finding. The efficacy of testosterone
treatment on hair growth in children with hypopituitarism is enhanced
by GH, the effect of which is largely mediated through IGF-1. In
adults with hypogonadism, a combination of GH and gonadotropin
treatment improves testosterone secretion and reproductive function.
It has also been recently reported that GH treatment of GH-deficient
men increases hair scores in androgen-dependent areas. These effects
can be explained either by IGF-1 directly stimulating the androgen
receptor, or by IGF-1 increasing local 5alpha-reductase activity and
thus stimulating the local conversion of testosterone to
dihydrotestosterone. It has been postulated that IGF-1 modifies
post-receptor effectors of the androgen receptor, but this is not
clearly established.

[…]

In conclusion, we have found evidence that high levels of testosterone
and IGF-1 increase the likelihood of vertex baldness, whereas neither
of these hormones appears significantly or suggestively associated
with chest hair growth. SHBG is inversely associated with vertex
baldness as well as with chest hair growth, although the association
is significant only with respect to the latter. It appears that the
effect of SHBG, if genuine, could be explained by the involvement of
this compound in the modulation of bioavailability of testosterone.”

Hormones and hair patterning in men: A role for insulin-like growth
factor 1?
Lisa B. Signorello, Joanne Wuub, Chung-cheng Hsiehb, Anastasia
Tzonouc, Dimitrios Trichopoulos, Christos S. Mantzoros
Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
Volume 40 • Number 2 • February 1999
Copyright 1999 American Academy of Dermatology, Inc.

“We observed that middle-aged and elderly men who reported modest to
substantial vertex balding at age 45 have lower circulating levels of
IGFBP-3 and higher levels of IGF-1 when controlling for IGFBP-3 level.
Growth factors are beginning to emerge as contributors to hair growth
and loss. IGF-1 is an abundant endocrine, paracrine, and autocrine
growth control factor that promotes proliferative activity in
epithelial and mesenchymal cells in numerous organ systems, including
the hair organ.”

[…]

“In the hair organ, IGF-1 is produced by connective tissue
constituents,10 and IGF-1 gene expression is enhanced by androgens.11
In androgen-responsive tissue, IGF-1 may act locally to positively
mediate the induction of 5-reductase by dihydrotestosterone.12 This
action of IGF-1 may be consequential for the development of balding
because conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone in the scalp
by 5-reductase type 2 is essential for androgenetic alopecia.13
Indeed, oral 5-reductase type 2 inhibitors are now used to prevent
further hair loss and to induce hair regrowth in men with male pattern
balding.13 Experimental administration of the 5-reductase type 2
inhibitor finasteride results in diminished expression of IGF-1 and
its receptor and enhanced expression of IGFBP-3 in the rat prostate,
an androgen-dependent tissue.14 IGFBP-3 is the major carrier protein
that modulates the bioavailability of IGF-115 and thus may also be a
regulator of mediators of hair growth and cycle control. Our findings
are compatible with both the direct association of IGF-1 and the
modulating effect of IGFBP-3 on male pattern balding.”

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established

I started at 60mcg/day and went to 80mcg/day
I am also taking 4iu insulin post workout. (caution: insulin and igf-1 r3 together you need to know wtf you're doing)

This was a test run, I'm going to be using it in my next cycle and I think I will run it at 50-60mcg/day I don't think 80 was any better.

Now this is what I'm interested in: taking both insulin and IGF-1 LR3. What is the protocol? I'm interested but I'm not gonna try it until I get some input! No sense in spending the money and then dying because you didn't do it correctly! LOL!

rpsly

Banned
Awards

Finasteride is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor that will stop the conversion of testosterone to DHT which will stop the hair fall out.

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
great info here! glad to see this article get some life in it