Rib blowout - AnabolicMinds.com

Rib blowout

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Rib blowout

I have been bodybuilding for the last 9 years off and on. Two years ago I got in a really bad surfing accident and 3 doctors told me I tore every muscle and ligament in my back and was lucky I didn't shatter my spine. The last two years I have built my back up pretty strong but lately I'm having problems keeping my back in alignment, my ribs are constantly poping out of place. Im not sure what to do. Ive been thinking about GH and maybe it would help build some more muscle to hold these ribs in place, or posssibly IGF-1. Ive been doing a lot of reasearch on both and other people with similar problems, but havent gotten any real advice. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

maybe im wrong but hear me out:

have you ever heard about when you take steroids (or any other highly anabolic compound) for prolonged periods of time the muscle (and water and glycogen) weight can result in breaking a tendon/ligament because the muscles got stronger but the tendons/ligaments didn't get stronger?

well from an injury of that magnitude you may have hurt your ligaments to a point where they can no longer support the amount of muscle you want to gain. Taking steroids(or any other highly anabolic compound) may worsen the problem more severely.

i know i may get a wave of shuns and applauds from all angles for saying this but...yoga is excellent for injurys

good luck!
  3. New Member

theoretically growth hormone would be a good option according to anecdotoal evidence but it has been proven. Thats why athelets take, so they can recover. It makes sense. However, it may or may not work for your case, it depends, but im shure there are people, like anti-aging doctors or experts that could share more.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

have you researched anything concerning GH and tendon repair, regrowth...

Research under peer reviewed guidelines to get some actual in depth reports and studies. They are a bit daunting to read; however, they are worth your time if you are considering GH for any type of long term ligament repair treatment.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Thanks for the advice, you make a really good point on not taking steriods as it could further worsen the problem. I've just started yoga a couple of weeks ago and can't believe how much is has helped with back pain. I will be looking into GH as something to repair the ligaments, thanks for everyones advice
  6. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by thundalegs199 View Post
    maybe im wrong but hear me out:

have you ever heard about when you take steroids (or any other highly anabolic compound) for prolonged periods of time the muscle (and water and glycogen) weight can result in breaking a tendon/ligament because the muscles got stronger but the tendons/ligaments didn't get stronger?

well from an injury of that magnitude you may have hurt your ligaments to a point where they can no longer support the amount of muscle you want to gain. Taking steroids(or any other highly anabolic compound) may worsen the problem more severely.

i know i may get a wave of shuns and applauds from all angles for saying this but...yoga is excellent for injurys

good luck!
    are you sure you meant any type of anabolic?

i understand that AAS would have this effect, because they primarily effect skeletal muscle. however, the OP was asking about GH and IGF which are a completely different ball game.

yoga? if his ribs are popping out, i dont think these forms of stretching and body positions would be therapeutic... unless of course the class was run by a physiotherapist.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

IGF really helped heal my shoulder and knee. yoga is this **** because: 1. it's great for you and relaxing 2. there are ALWAYS squads of hot babes there. I'm all over the yoga thing, ahhahah

Similar Forum Threads

1. PP's 1-T Tren BLOWOUT!!!
    By Steveoph in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 07:12 PM