IGF-1 and diet ?

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I was just wondering what kind of diet you would use, to get the most out of the IGF?

Currently I have been sticking to a CKD, and have been having really good luck with keeping the body fat off. Right now I consume a post workout shake with 35g Whey + 35g of Dextrose. From one of the post in this forum someone was recommending the IGF inject + 100g of Carbs immediately following their workout. Do you think I could stick with the CKD and just up the PW carbohydrates and still do ok with the substance, or should I switch to more of a bulking diet?

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah, I probably should mention that I was thinking of running the IGF solo with now AAS.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could run a CKD if you wanted. I think a traditional 40/40/20 split would be better though IMO since IGF-1 is a great nutrient patitioner. Its bascially desentizes fat cells (very general explanation) and increases the transport of nutrients to muscle. It also increases drastically the use of fat for fuel (especially by muscle). The one thing you definetly want to do is increase the amount of protein intake. I would say a minimum of 2g/lb of bodyweight. If you keep your diet clean you will see extremely good results.

As for the recommendation for 100g of dextrose I don't agree at all. I don't even use that with insulin as I think its too much at one time. I would say a minimum of 30g dextrose and you will be fine. Depending on your goals you can increase that if you like. Just make sure you follow that up with a meal an hour later with plenty of protein and lower GI carbs.

Protein is the key here.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One thing to mention is that you will probably not put on weight but your measurements WILL increase if you use it alone. If you AAS your weight increases will be less but your muscle gains will increase.

This stuff completely changes your body composition. It will drop bf% and it will add on lean mass at the same time. This has been reported by many people on many boards and has happned to me. Basically I keep dropping weight buyt my arms are 1/8inch bigger.

So if you want to use it for a cutting cycle, you can. But I tihnk the best way to run this is to use maintenance calories or slightly above and you will lose fat while increasing LBM.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I assume I use the U100 slin pin with the longest needle I can find to make sure its IM and not sub Q. Also, the effects are not injection site specific right, ie leg day do a quad inject?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
You can do it subQ but some have reported having whelps that take a long time to go down because of the BA... Nope not site specific from the reports I have read..

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
sweet this is gonna be fun, I should run a results thread.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Yes... you should :D

ManBeast

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I assume I use the U100 slin pin with the longest needle I can find to ma+e sure its IM and not sub Q. Also, the effects are not injection site specific right, ie leg day do a quad inject?
Some claim IM injections are better but it more resembles insulin (as its a peptide) and subq injection for insulin gets better overall absotion than IM. I know there is a chart somewhere and I will see if I can find it again. I use it subq and love the results. I just don't feel like doing another 2 IM injections per day. The easiest way it to pinch an area around your oblique then inject. You will get confortable in that you won't get any lumps forming after a while. People that get lumps often are injecting striaght into fat and it takes time to dissipate.

But overall either way is fine and whatever way you choose is fine.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i'd suggest IM injections with igf-1 . and like bobo said , the protein intake is the key , people seem to get away with pretty low carb use post igf-1 shot(god , how wrong is my grammer there!??!)

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
what is the minimum dosage would you say for cutting puproses, or eating maintenance while trying to lose BF%..main concern losing bf..

h19