Long R3IGF-1 on a keto diet

TobyJ

Awards
I've read a ton of information on IGF-1, but unfortunately, have not found a good answer to this question...

Can I use Long R3IGF-1 on a Palumbo keto diet? Right now, I'm trying to cut some pretty serious fat, after which, I'll be doing a bulk type diet / workout. My thought was that pinning the IGF now, (30-40mcg, eod, pwo) would help keep muscle, and / or make new baby muscle cells for the future bulk. Any added fat loss would be a bonus.

My question is, can I 'safely' pin IGF while in ketosis? I've read conflicting reports of hypo problems while on it, but I've never seen data on actual blood sugar effects (except some high dose, 1mg/kg rat studies), and I'm not sure how much it would really matter, if I were in ketosis.

Does anyone have any real world experience with IGF on a keto diet?

Thanks,

Toby

swoosh12

Awards
Toby,

I have read the same as well. If you keep the doses somewhat low (10-20mcg's ED) than you should be fine. I am on a similar competition diet and I have not had any problems. You might want to try carb cycling EOD of E3D. Take in about 150 grams of carbs in your last meal and then take your IGF before bed to keep those cells full and growing. I have done this and it has worked okay. As always I think it is user specific.