Problem with hgh vials?

eddiet990

Awards
Just started my second kit of somatropin and keep experiencing an air bubble in my pin i have tried using a new pin and drawing excess air out of the vial if there is any other suggestions of what i can do that might help so that this does not get wasted?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Just started my second kit of somatropin and keep experiencing an air bubble in my pin i have tried using a new pin and drawing excess air out of the vial if there is any other suggestions of what i can do that might help so that this does not get wasted?
This makes no sense. You're using an insulin syringe to draw reconstituted GH from a vial, correct? And when you get an air bubble in your syringe, you do not know how to get rid of it, or what?

eddiet990

Awards
yeah i am using an insulin syringe and everytime i draw from the vial i get an air bubble, just one god sized bubble that i cant get out and i do not want to tamper with it so that the substance becomes ineffective?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
yeah i am using an insulin syringe and everytime i draw from the vial i get an air bubble, just one god sized bubble that i cant get out and i do not want to tamper with it so that the substance becomes ineffective?
Please be more specific. You get an air bubble...where? The vial? The syringe?

If you get a bubble in your syringe just invert it, flick it a few times then shoot the air out. I don't see the issue here.

eddiet990

Awards
The simplest way i can describe it is a bubble on the wall of the syringe that is a little to big to flick out and when trying to squeeze it out i lost almost .5 iu. hopefully it was a bad vial and the rest will be better

likkayouth

Awards
The simplest way i can describe it is a bubble on the wall of the syringe that is a little to big to flick out and when trying to squeeze it out i lost almost .5 iu. hopefully it was a bad vial and the rest will be better
Happens with every slin syringe, has nothing to do with vial.

kibrood09

Awards
I would think that the tiny amount of air - I'm guessing less than 1 tick on the syringe, would do absolutely nothing to you if you shoot it, especially sub-q. Nurses will draw a small amount of air in certain instances to use as an "air lock" on some IM shots (to either pack the meds in or prevent leakage).