drug test to detect hgh

jlo8864

Awards
is there a test that tell if you are taking hgh, the only reason i ask is that i have been prescribed hgh, but i don't want people at work to know my personal business, it will not stop me, just wondering.

jlo

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
don't think there is - that's why the HGH prescribing doctors are getting so much flack - there's no baseline what a "normal" level of GH is.

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
I am positive there is no sure-fire test for HGH supplementation. I just saw the documentary "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" about an hour ago and they made this very claim.

likkayouth

Awards
There is a blood test utilized by WADA that can determine whether the HGH in your plasma is endogenous or exogenous through the ratio of its 22 kDa and 20 kDa variants. It's been used since 2004, and last year athletes in Beijing were complaining doping agents were taking their blood samples too often. The shortcoming of this test is that it can detect injected HGH up to 48 hours after administration.

There is also another blood test, that detects IGF-1, as well as different collagen markers (PIIP, PIIIP, etc.) levels. It relies on the effect of HGH on IGF-1 and collagen production. It can detect elevated levels of these markers for weeks. I am not sure whether WADA has already implemented this test, plus I don't think they will advertise when they do.

It is highly unlikely your employer will test you for HGH. If you get tested, it will probably
be through a urine sample, and they'll be looking for street drugs. As far as I know, only certain professions also test the urine samples against steroids (cops, firefighters I think).