1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Catapres (clonidine hcl)

i have seen one or two studies claiming that catapres increases HGH.......any one else have any personal info, i didnt find much searching......

heres what happened, i have ADHD and sleep issues, the doc gave me catapres so i also wondered if i continue to take this, it will slow my heart rate down (thats what it does) through out the day and night (one AM and PM) , so by slowing my heart rate will it slow my metabolism causing me to gain weight?
    again thats not why im taking it, just wondered if that is some thing that will come from use,

and im going to start GHRP-6 soon and wondered if i could continue to use my catapres along with it.........?

thanks for the help guys, justin

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by just93 View Post
    i have seen one or two studies claiming that catapres increases HGH.......any one else have any personal info, i didnt find much searching......

heres what happened, i have ADHD and sleep issues, the doc gave me catapres so i also wondered if i continue to take this, it will slow my heart rate down (thats what it does) through out the day and night (one AM and PM) , so by slowing my heart rate will it slow my metabolism causing me to gain weight?
    again thats not why im taking it, just wondered if that is some thing that will come from use,

and im going to start GHRP-6 soon and wondered if i could continue to use my catapres along with it.........?

thanks for the help guys, justin

It's a perscription drug. How could you not have found much information on it? Just read the label insert (Google). It will discuss everything about the drug you probably every wanted to know (including side effects). The clinical studies will talk about weight gain if it was statistically significant.

Make sure you read the sudden cessation warnings.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yes im aware of this, i browsed through it at the pharmacy, the rite aid papers they gave me have lots of stuff to read though, and i will try google, i usually use yahoo, but that sucks now so w/e...........any idea about taking it with GHRP-6? nothing in the pamphlet about it.......
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

okay, MAO inhibitors (says to not take them), are there any products that in the body building world that i would need to worry about??

i read that MAO inhibitors affect dopamine, so if i take something that effects dopamine will that harm me.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

okay i found some thing finally, "OBJECTIVE His-dTrp-Ala-Trp-dPhe-Lys-NH2 (GHRP-6) is a synthetic compound that releases GH in a dose-related and specific manner in several species including man. To further characterize the effects of GHRP-6 on GH secretion in normal human subjects, we assessed plasma GH levels following GHRP-6 administration in normal male adult subjects, normal female adult subjects at different stages of their menstrual cycle and in normal prepubertal male and female children. We also studied the influence of adrenergic pathways on GHRP-6 induced GH secretion in normal adult male subjects.

DESIGN In a group of eight volunteers the following tests were carried out: GHRP-6 alone (1 μg/kg i.v. at 0 minutes); propranolol(40 mg p.o. at −30 minutes) plus GHRP-6; and (3 mg p.o. at −120 minutes) plus GHRP-6. Another group of eight volunteers were studied with GHRP-6 as above; clonidine alone (300 mg p.o. at −60 minutes); and clonidine plus GHRP-6. A group of nine women were studied with 1 μg/kg i.v. of GHRP-6 at 0 minutes, at different stages of their menstrual cycle. Finally, 12 children were studied with GHRP-6 using the same dose and methods as above.

PATIENTS Twenty-five normal adult subjects (16 male and nine female) and 12 normal prepubertal children (six male and six female) wer studied after giving informed consent.

EASUREMENTS Plasma GH levels were measured by radioimmunoassay.

RESULTS No differences in GH responses to GHRP-6 were found between children and normal adult male or female Subjects at different stages of their menstrual cycle. Administration of propranolol and clonidine did not modify the GH responses to GHRP-6 in male adults. In contrast, prazosin administration induced an increase in plasma GH levels that was statistically different from that of GHRP-6 alone (P>0.05 between area under curve).

CONCLUSIONS GHRP-6 exerts a potent stimulatory effect on GH secretion in adults and children. Its effects, at least at the dose studied, are Independent of sex and age. Noradrenergic pathways through α2 adrenergic receptors are unlikely to influence this response." *****I DID NOT WRITE THIS !!!*****

so by the looks of this, if i understand it fully, clonidine can be taken with ghrp-6, right?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

any one know about this stuff, i have some questions i couldnt find on line, and cant see the doc till Jan. 2nd...........im wondering what the hell is up with this stuff, it says that it decreases REM sleep, and inhibits insulin in the pancreas, slows the heart rate....ect.
    its a alpha 2 agonist, so if any one knows about this please PM me ASAP, and if there is a better place to post this question, please tell me
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95%

Yeah, I can answer your questions. Be specific and PM me if you want.

Similar Forum Threads

1. CLONIDINE & REBOUND HYPERTENSION
    By mcs5309 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 04:11 PM
  2. Clonidine for HGH bloat
    By FullyBuilt in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 11:47 AM
  3. CATAPRES (CLONIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE)with HGH
    By Motomatt in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1