GHRP-6 Transdermal?

ironlunch

Awards
Hey Guys,

I have 10mg of GHRP-6 on it's way to test on my rat. He doesn't like needles, so is making a transdermal (w/ dmso and dermabolics transport matrix) a good alternative? Do I need to dose differently? Meaning, is there some loss when doing a transdermal vs injection? Any suggestions/advice is much appreciated.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys,

I have 10mg of GHRP-6 on it's way to test on my rat. He doesn't like needles, so is making a transdermal (w/ dmso and dermabolics transport matrix) a good alternative? Do I need to dose differently? Meaning, is there some loss when doing a transdermal vs injection? Any suggestions/advice is much appreciated.
I have found that the general rule of transdermal delivery is that a compound needs to be under 500 daltons.
GHRP-6 has a MW of approx. 873, and does not seem a good transdermal candidate since it will not make it past the corneal layer of the epidermis.

Abstract: Human skin has unique properties of which functioning as a physicochemical barrier is one of the most apparent. The human integument is able to resist the penetration of many molecules. However, especially smaller molecules can surpass transcutaneously. They are able to go by the corneal layer, which is thought to form the main deterrent. We argue that the molecular weight (MW) of a compound must be under 500 Dalton to allow skin absorption. Larger molecules cannot pass the corneal layer. Arguments for this "500 Dalton rule" are; 1) virtually all common contact allergens are under 500 Dalton, larger molecules are not known as contact sensitizers. They cannot penetrate and thus cannot act as allergens in man; 2) the most commonly used pharmacological agents applied in topical dermatotherapy are all under 500 Dalton; 3) all known topical drugs used in transdermal drug-delivery systems are under 500 Dalton. In addition, clinical experience with topical agents such as cyclosporine, tacrolimus and ascomycins gives further arguments for the reality of the 500 Dalton rule. For pharmaceutical development purposes, it seems logical to restrict the development of new innovative compounds to a MW of under 500 Dalton, when topical dermatological therapy or percutaneous systemic therapy or vaccination is the objective.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys,

Kill the rat making it scream bloody murder in the process..

Ralph Wiggum

Awards
I have CJC-1295 & GHRP-6 but I am not sure the dossage to use yet.....every site says something different. I weigh 290 pounds and am looking for size & strength.

Can anyone help ?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I have CJC-1295 & GHRP-6 but I am not sure the dossage to use yet.....every site says something different. I weigh 290 pounds and am looking for size & strength.

Can anyone help ?
Ralph, stop posting this all over the board. Once is enough. This is a pretty tight knit group of guys in this section. We'll all see your 1st post.

Thanks,

-Papa!-

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established

EDIT: Dammit Papa, I was sure I could have left my original sentiment and bashed the F@ck out of the suspected Troll.. I was certain I was gonna see TROLL in big bold red letters, lol.
You sure he's not a Troll? Dammit, I need ot lay off the caffine... ;)
;) I know a troll when I see (read?) one Bob-O! :lol:

He just needs some mild guidance. He is looking to use CJC/GHRP for BBing purposes vs. anti-aging.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
;) He is looking to use CJC/GHRP for BBing purposes vs. anti-aging.
And this question has not been discussed 5 billion times in current active threads (Dats thread)...

Regardless, you don't have to know anything about peptides to have a sense of common courtesey and not bombard everybody elses godgiven thread with your demanded question.
Even then, this particular question does not demand it's own thread as it has been discussed to f-in death, period.

I have no sympathy here, sorry.

Back to the transdermal topic at hand, Wiggum has a weight of more than 500 f-in daltons, yet has managed to get under my skin... I think I'm gonna go stick that in my research pipe and smoke it... ;)

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Even if the weight wasn't a factor, why would one want to lose 70% of the product? TD is a good idea for a lot of things, but not peptides like these. I guess what I'm saying is, Man up and stick that slin pin in ya! lol :)

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
You would need to use some type of electrotransport delivery, but it can be done using iontophoresis.

What is iontophoresis?

Iontophoresis is a non-invasive method of propelling high concentrations of a charged substance, normally medication or bioactive agents, transdermally by repulsive electromotive force using a small electrical charge applied to an iontophoretic chamber containing a similarly charged active agent and its vehicle. - Wikipedia

Apply it to compounds we care about please:

Effect of iontophoresis on in vitro skin permeation of an analogue of growth hormone releasing factor in the hairless guinea pig model, Kumar S, J Pharm Sci. 1992 Jul;81(7):635-9

The shortened analogue of growth hormone releasing factor (GRF) Ro 23-7861 (1) has a molecular weight of 3929 daltons [equivalent to GRF (1-29)] and is more potent than the endogenous GRF (1-44). The in vitro hairless guinea pig model and vertical and horizontal diffusion cell assemblies were used to study the effect of iontophoresis on the permeability to skin of 1. The transport of 1 across the skin was studied by monitoring the rate of its appearance in the receiver compartment with a radioimmunoassay. No permeability of 1 was observed without iontophoresis, whereas with iontophoresis, the permeability of 1 was significant.

For example, at a current density of 0.23 mA/cm2 and buffer concentration of 0.05 M, the flux of 1 was 56.8 +/- 8.21 ng/cm2.h. The flux of 1 was independent of the design of the permeation apparatus, the electrodes, the donor and receiver volumes, the type of current (constant or pulsed), and the frequency of the pulsed current. The flux of 1 increased curvilinearly with the increase in salt concentration of the buffer and linearly with the increase in current.​

How does this electrotransport delivery work?

Electrotransport devices generally employ at least two electrodes. Both of these electrodes are positioned in intimate electrical contact with some portion of the skin of the body. One electrode, called the active or donor electrode, is the electrode from which the therapeutic agent is delivered into the body. The other electrode, called the counter or return electrode, serves to close the electrical circuit through the body. In conjunction with the patient's skin, the circuit is completed by connection of the electrodes to a source of electrical energy, e.g., a battery, and usually to circuitry capable of controlling the current applied by the device through the patient.

Depending upon the electrical charge of the species to be delivered transdermally, either the anode or cathode may be the active or donor electrode. Thus, if the ionic substance to be driven into the body is positively charged, the positive electrode (the anode) will be the active electrode and the negative electrode (the cathode) will serve as the counter electrode, completing the circuit. On the other hand, if the ionic substance to be delivered is negatively charged, the cathodic electrode will be the active electrode and the anodic electrode will be the counter electrode.

Alternatively, both the anode and the cathode may be used to deliver drugs of appropriate charge into the body. In this case, both electrodes are considered to be active or donor electrodes. In other words, the anodic electrode can deliver positively charged agents into the body while the cathodic electrode can deliver negatively charged agents into the body. - European Patent EP1028706 "BUFFERED DRUG FORMULATIONS FOR TRANSDERMAL ELECTROTRANSPORT DELIVERY"

So basically the peptide would need to be charged and then you could use this method to drive it through the skin. I've always been curious about this. So ironlunch it would be cool if you would try this and report back...please....pretty please.

Ralph Wiggum

Awards
Sorry about the posts Papa! I just new to the internet & message boards.

I have read alot of site & message boards about CJC-1296 & GHRP-6 & they all give different adive, so how do I know who's advice to take ? I have spent so much on the product that I don't want to waste them with an improper dossage.

Now I guess I don't know alot of this info like BOBASLAW does but not all of us can live in out mother's basment & play and the internet 24/7. What level are you in on Warcraft now ? I sure you will get the paperboy job come the spring time...if not there's always next year ;)

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established

I have read alot of site & message boards about CJC-1296 & GHRP-6 & they all give different adive, so how do I know who's advice to take ? I have spent so much on the product that I don't want to waste them with an improper dossage.

Now I guess I don't know alot of this info like BOBASLAW does but not all of us can live in out mother's basment & play and the internet 24/7. What level are you in on Warcraft now ? I sure you will get the paperboy job come the spring time...if not there's always next year ;)
Ralph, it has nothing to do with intelligence, or being new to the boards or the internet. It is about your character, personality and common sense... Things you should have has a fair grasp on by now in your life... You are not new to this "life" are you?

You plastered your same question in 4 OTHER threads, some that were totally unrelated to your question, like this one for example.

Do you not see that as rude?

Do you commonly waltz up to people on the street that are discussing something, butt into their topic of discussion, then hijack their conversation to meet your needs?
Especially when there is a publicly open discussion on your subject right down the street, and there are signs posted all around the place about it too!
No doubt those ppl would look at you with a bit of frustration I'm sure.

More importantly, your questions have been asked already, have answers, and have been discussed to death in threads that are currently active and on going. Did you try searching AT ALL? Did you read Dat's thread that is titled according to what you are looking for? Its right next to this thread, yes, this thread that is not even related to your question?

Sorry, but I really did not think you were for real, bro, and now that I realize you are serious, the best of luck to you in this life... ;)

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established

Quit the nonsense talk and start here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/igf-1-gh/98363-dat-s-cjc.html

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
its true. Peptides are easy for finding info. dosing them. The key to peptides, for me at least, is learnign about these amazing structures. I mean, so far they are moderatly safe, nice clean gains, $ is ok... , and plus they arent illegal! its all research and we're helping a community.
Ralph, these guys are smart, not big boob smart like from "Knocked Up" either. So yea, the endless amounts of info can get over welming, but i can say this from experience, spending some time skimming and learnign makes it very well worth it.

ironlunch

Awards
Even if the weight wasn't a factor, why would one want to lose 70% of the product? TD is a good idea for a lot of things, but not peptides like these. I guess what I'm saying is, Man up and stick that slin pin in ya! lol :)

That was a piece of info I was looking for - how much product would be lost using it transdermally. If it's 70% then forget it, I'm pinning, no need to waste that much. I have read some other threads that said it is very orally active so I assumed that it would also be absorbed very well through the skin.

thanks for the info guys

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
That was a piece of info I was looking for - how much product would be lost using it transdermally. If it's 70% then forget it, I'm pinning, no need to waste that much. I have read some other threads that said it is very orally active so I assumed that it would also be absorbed very well through the skin.

thanks for the info guys
Sorry, that is not the piece of info that you actually needed here (In Red above), since weight IS a factor in this case. This piece of info that RW gave may possibly involve compounds that are small enough to be candidates for transdermal delivery in the first place, compounds that are smaller than 500 daltons, which GHRP-6 (873 Daltons) IS NOT.
He is referring to other possible losses in a transdermal penetration process.

As in my original post...

This peptide WILL NOT make it through the epidermis corneal layer with its large Molecular Weight

100% loss in this scenario, unless you use additional technology/methods (as Dat suggested) that could allow for a greater than 500 dalton compound to make it through. Then you may possibly debate how much additional loss you could accumulate...

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
I have read some other threads that said it is very orally active.
Wow! Thanks ironlunch. I think I'll just cap my GHRP-6 then take it orally now.

Man that is so cool ...like how many threads said it was good to go that way? Just curious cus thats how I do things...I ask a bunch a people and then I go with the majority.

Thanks ironlunch! Reps to you bro. I mean it too... :FUfinger:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established

Man that is so cool ...like how many threads said it was good to go that way? Just curious cus thats how I do things...I ask a bunch a people and then I go with the majority.

wow....that felt intense.

ironlunch

Awards

Wow, way to be helpful. That's why I asked the question - because I had read that it was orally active. Doesn't mean it's true so I posed the question to the "experts" on this board. You don't have to be a jerk about it...And, it's not just on forums that I have read it was orally active - there are many studies that have been published. Do a simple google search...See below for 1 example.

READ THIS:
www .ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8051337

In man the GH-releasing hexapeptide His-DTrp-Ala-Trp-DPhe-Lys-NH2 (GHRP-6) has been shown to be active even after oral administration. On the other hand, it has been shown that arginine (ARG) totally restores the reduced somatotropic responsiveness to GHRH observed in aging. Based on the foregoing, in this study we verified the GH-releasing activity of oral GHRP-6 (300 micrograms/kg) in normal aging and the possible enhancing effect of 8 g oral ARG on the GH-releasing effect of GHRP-6. Eight young (age 24-32 yr) and 8 elderly (age 66-85 yr) subjects were studied. In all the GH response to GHRH (1 microgram/kg iv) was also studied. Both IGF-I levels and the GH response to iv GHRH were lower in elderly than in young subjects (mean +/- SE, IGF-I: 65.1 +/- 9.1 vs 142.9 +/- 9.4 micrograms/L, p < 0.0001; GH peak: 5.4 +/- 1.0 vs 13.6 +/- 0.8 micrograms/L, p < 0.0001). Oral GHRP-6 administration induced a GH rise in elderly which was lower, though not significantly, than that in young subjects (GH peak: 9.9 +/- 2.0 vs 16.2 +/- 5.4 micrograms/L). Oral ARG administration enhanced the GHRP-6-induced GH rise in elderly (GH peak: 22.1 +/- 3.3 micrograms/L, p < 0.01 vs GHRP-6 alone) while failed to modify it in young subjects (GH peak: 13.5 +/- 3.4 micrograms/L). The GH response to oral ARG+GHRP-6 in elderly was higher than that to all stimuli in young adults (p < 0.05).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

:whip:

ironlunch

Awards
www .eje-online.org/cgi/content/abstract/133/4/425

Growth hormone-releasing effect of oral growth hormone-releasing peptide 6 (GHRP-6) administration in children with short stature
J Bellone, L Ghizzoni, G Aimaretti, C Volta, MF Boghen, S Bernasconi and E Ghigo

Bellone J, Ghizzoni L, Aimaretti G, Volta C, Boghen MF, Bernasconi S, Ghigo E. Growth hormonereleasing effect of oral growth hormone-releasing peptide 6 (GHRP-6) administration in children with short stature. Eur J Endocrinol 1995;133:425–9. ISSN 0804–4643

Growth hormone-releasing peptide 6 (GHRP-6) is a synthetic hexapeptide with a potent GH-releasing activity after intravenous, subcutaneous, Intranasal and oral administration in man. Previous data showed its activity also in some patients with GH deficiency. The aim of our study was to verify the GH-releasing activity of oral GHRP-6 administration on GH secretion in children with normal short stature. The effect of oral GHRP-6 (300 µg/kg) was compared with that of the maximally effective dose of intravenous GH-releasing hormone (GHRH-29, 1 µg/kg). As the GHRH-induced GH rise in children is potentiated by arginine (ARG), even when administered by oral route at low dose (4 g), we studied also the interaction of oral GHRP-6 and ARG administration. We studied 13 children (nine boys and four girls aged 6.2–10.5 years, pubertal stage I) with normal short stature (height less than –2 SD score; height velocity more than –2 SD score; normal bone age; insulin-like growth factor I > 70 µg/l), In a first group of children (N = 7), oral GHRP-6 administration induced a GH response (mean ± SEM, peak at 60 min vs baseline: 18.8 ±3.0 vs 1.1 ± 0.3 µg/l, p < 0.0006; area under curve: 1527.3 ± 263.9 µgl–1 h) which was similar to that elicited by GHRH (peak at 45 min vs baseline: 20.8 ±4.5 vs 2.2±0.9 µg/l, p <0.007; area under curve: 1429.4 ± 248.2 µgl–1 h–1). In a second group of children (N = 6), the GH response to oral GHRP-6 administration (peak at 75 min vs baseline: 18.5 ±5.1 vs 1.5 ± 0.6 µg/l, p < 0.01; area under curve: 1598.5 ± 289.3 µgl–1 h–1) was not modified by co-administration of oral ARG (peak at 90 min vs baseline: 15.2 ±5.6 vs 0.9±0.3 µg/l, p < 0.002; area under curve: 1327.8 ± 193.2 µgl–1 h–1). The amount of GH released and the timing of the somatotrope response after the oral administration of GHRP-6 were similar in the two groups. In conclusion, the present data show that in normal short children the oral administration of GHRP-6 is able to increase GH secretion to an extent similar to that observed after intravenous administration of the maximally effective GHRH dose. Moreover, in contrast to GHRH, the effect of GHRP-6 is not enhanced by low-dose oral ARG. As this amino acid likely acts via inhibition of hypothalamic somatostatin release, our data suggest that a decrease in the somatostatinergic activity does not improve the GH-releasing effect of GHRP-6 in childhood, at variance with that observed after GHRH. Our results suggest that GHRP-6 could be clinically useful to stimulate GH secretion in short children.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Wow, way to be helpful. That's why I asked the question - because I had read that it was orally active. Doesn't mean it's true so I posed the question to the "experts" on this board. You don't have to be a jerk about it...And, it's not just on forums that I have read it was orally active - there are many studies that have been published. Do a simple google search...See below for 1 example.

READ THIS:
www .ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8051337

In man the GH-releasing hexapeptide His-DTrp-Ala-Trp-DPhe-Lys-NH2 (GHRP-6) has been shown to be active even after oral administration. On the other hand, it has been shown that arginine (ARG) totally restores the reduced somatotropic responsiveness to GHRH observed in aging. Based on the foregoing, in this study we verified the GH-releasing activity of oral GHRP-6 (300 micrograms/kg) in normal aging and the possible enhancing effect of 8 g oral ARG on the GH-releasing effect of GHRP-6. Eight young (age 24-32 yr) and 8 elderly (age 66-85 yr) subjects were studied. In all the GH response to GHRH (1 microgram/kg iv) was also studied. Both IGF-I levels and the GH response to iv GHRH were lower in elderly than in young subjects (mean +/- SE, IGF-I: 65.1 +/- 9.1 vs 142.9 +/- 9.4 micrograms/L, p < 0.0001; GH peak: 5.4 +/- 1.0 vs 13.6 +/- 0.8 micrograms/L, p < 0.0001). Oral GHRP-6 administration induced a GH rise in elderly which was lower, though not significantly, than that in young subjects (GH peak: 9.9 +/- 2.0 vs 16.2 +/- 5.4 micrograms/L). Oral ARG administration enhanced the GHRP-6-induced GH rise in elderly (GH peak: 22.1 +/- 3.3 micrograms/L, p < 0.01 vs GHRP-6 alone) while failed to modify it in young subjects (GH peak: 13.5 +/- 3.4 micrograms/L). The GH response to oral ARG+GHRP-6 in elderly was higher than that to all stimuli in young adults (p < 0.05).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

:whip:
Iron, as has been discussed in Dat's thread, you have to orally dose 25+ MGs of GHRP-6 in order to get a GH response from it. That's neither economically feasible nor sensible for most, especially when you only need to inject ~100-300mcg to get a significant response.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Iron, The studies and info you are posting is actually supporting what is already known here.

Oral bioavailability of peptidyl growth hormone secretagogues (GHS) such as GHRP-6 are less that one % (<1%).
This qualifies GHRPs as being EXTREMELY low in oral bioavailability.
If you notice, this is also the reason that oral dosages you see used are in the 100's of mcgs per kg, rather than .1-1mcg/kg when injected.

The one study you posted showed its dose of GHRP-6 was 300mcg/kg, which is a 3mg dose for a 100kg person. All oral dosages are extremely high, the one mentioned being on the low end.

This low oral bioavailability of peptidyl GHS's has led to the further pursuit of more orally bioavailable non-peptidyl derivitives such as MKO-677.

ironlunch

Awards
Iron, The studies and info you are posting is actually supporting what is already known here.

Oral bioavailability of peptidyl growth hormone secretagogues (GHS) such as GHRP-6 are less that one % (<1%).
This qualifies GHRPs as being EXTREMELY low in oral bioavailability.
If you notice, this is also the reason that oral dosages you see used are in the 100's of mcgs per kg, rather than .1-1mcg/kg when injected.

The one study you posted showed its dose of GHRP-6 was 300mcg/kg, which is a 3mg dose for a 100kg person. All oral dosages are extremely high, the one mentioned being on the low end.

This low oral bioavailability of peptidyl GHS's has led to the further pursuit of more orally bioavailable non-peptidyl derivitives such as MKO-677.
Point taken, I was just showing that it *is* possible to take it orally because I got flamed for asking about non-pinning options. I posted those studies to show that oral administration can elicit the same GH increase as sub q administration. So it is an option, just not a very economically feasible one.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Point taken, I was just showing that it *is* possible to take it orally because I got flamed for asking about non-pinning options. I posted those studies to show that oral administration can elicit the same GH increase as sub q administration. So it is an option, just not a very economically feasible one.
Nope that is not what you said. You said:

"I have read some other threads that said it is very orally active so I assumed that it would also be absorbed very well through the skin."

Not only were you wrong then but but you are wrong when you say "I posted those studies to show that oral administration can elicit the same GH increase as sub q administration".

First because the oral route desensitizes and the injected route doesn't (at saturation dose).

Second you posted those studies because you thought that they demonstrated your initial incorrect supposition.

You didn't get "flamed" by me... what you got was a my response to someone who refuses to think. Your thought process is barely surface deep. ...if that is all you are capable of then fine...

I responded to your initial email which I post below.

I'm tired of revisiting this topic.

From my post here: Post 11 - Development of Growth Hormone Secretagogues

"Although GHRP-6 itself had properties consistent with an amplifier of GH release, GHRP-6 had poor oral bioavailability (0.3%) and short in vivo half-life (20 min) in humans"

Or my post here reproduced below: Post 18

Here is a quote from a study by the discoverer of GHRPs. Keep in mind 1ug = 1 mcg. Taken from:

"The growth hormone-releasing activity of a synthetic hexapeptide in normal men and short statured children after oral administration"

CY Bowers, DK Alster, and JM Frentz, J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., Feb 1992; 74: 292 - 298

...Since 300 ug/kg oral GHRP released about the same amount of GH as 1 ug/kg, iv, in normal men, it was calculated that oral GHRP has about 0.3% the activity of iv GHRP....​

So GHRPs end up being 333 times less effective when taken orally. That is LOW bioavailability. Yes SOME bioavailability (0.3%) but it is very LOW.​

The study you posted below administered GHRP-6 (300 micrograms/kg) orally to attain the equivalent of 1 microgram/kg on injected GHRP-6.

That is 30 grams of GHRP-6 for a 100 kilogram man.

That is not very orally bioactive.

-Dat

Am I reading this wrong, or does it not say that GHRP-6 is orally active?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8051337

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Then I get this message from you:

The point was that you were being a **** and giving me grief for mentioning that I heard it was orally active. Those studies show that it IS orally active. Sure you have to take 300x more or whatever, but that is an option. Not a good one, but an option none-the-less.​

So now I understand ironlunch. Surface deep thought is all you are capable of...

ironlunch

Awards
Then I get this message from you:

The point was that you were being a **** and giving me grief for mentioning that I heard it was orally active. Those studies show that it IS orally active. Sure you have to take 300x more or whatever, but that is an option. Not a good one, but an option none-the-less.​

So now I understand ironlunch. Surface deep thought is all you are capable of...
Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted

vlc

Awards
ironlunch
No one seems to have actually addressed the original question, regarding using DMSO as a carrier. Did you ever get an answer? IMO it might work, especially as a nasal spray. However, it is worth checking if the DMSO might do any damage to the GHRP-6.
Apparently GHRP-6 is fairly well absorbed nasally in plain bacteriostatic water, but adding a bit of DMSO might greatly enhance that.