Curious about IFG-1

BoardGuest978

Awards
K, I'm a lil new here. I'm almost 19 years old, I'm 5"11 and 150lbs. (Lightweight bodybuilder, almost a joke, I know). I've been going to the gym for about 2 years and have gained about 30 lbs since then. I've been taking protein, creatine, pre-workout shakes, weight gainer etc. I've cycled it all. I eat 6 times a day and try to stuff myself as much as I can with mostly eggs, chicken and fish.

I'm finding it harder and harder to gain weight. I was beginning to fear that I wasn't going to be able to even reach 160lbs unless I started taking roids. (I'm trying to reach 200 lbs)

Then I came across this video on youtube called "Real Hulk possible?" (SCROLL DOWN TO SEE)
Edit: For some reason, it doesn't let you watch it directly from this site. So (Close spaces): http ://www .youtube. com/watch?v=kfNCyZlVTtw

I'm guessing it's an old video, but from what it looked like, it's bassicaly changing your genes and telling your body to produce more Growth Hormone. So no side-effects, no shrinking balls, no acne etc.

A talked to it to other people and the responses were "It's way more dangerous than HGH, because your messing with genes and not just Hormones"

So I did a bit a bit more research on the internet and some people are calling IFG-1 a Hormone. And now I see that people already have their hands on it, that kind of put me off. But then I also heard that you're supposed to put IFG-1 into the targetted muscle you want them to grow and NOT your bloodstream.

I guess what I'm asking is:

1. What's the difference between GHG, IFG-1 and IFG-1 Long R3?

2. Is IFG-1 and IFG-1 Long R3 actually a virus that you inject yourself that changes your DNA in your targetted muscle area?

3. Does IFG-1 and IFG-1 Long R3 shrink your balls like GHG?

4. Does IFG-1 and IFG-1 Long R3 give you acne like GHG?

5. Does IFG-1 have any negative side-effects?

6. Do you recommend someone my size and age taking IFG-1?

7. Is it true that the muscle mass does not deteriorate after you've stopped using IFG-1?

8. Which is the most dangerous out of GHG, IFG-1 and IFG-1 Long R3?

9. What happens when IFG-1 is injected into the main blood stream? Is it more potent than if it were in the muscle? Would it pass a dope test?

10. What happens when IFG-1 is injected into a targeted muscle? Is it more potent than if it were in the blood stream? Would it pass a dope test?

Thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=kfNCyZlVTtw

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
This is a TROLL. Do NOT feed the troll.

BoardGuest978

Awards
Wtf? I don't know what you mean by Troll, but that Hulk video is aboud IFG-1 and Dr. Lee Sweeny, practically the father of IFG-1 research.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
You could read information about IGF on this board for a month and still not read it all. Why don't you try a little searching and reading on your own before asking questions that have been answered all ready?

disgraziato

Awards
Wtf? I don't know what you mean by Troll, but that Hulk video is aboud IFG-1 and Dr. Lee Sweeny, practically the father of IFG-1 research.
Bro-

Igf is a large subject and alot of us have been researching it for years and years, and still don't know all there is to know...You have a long way to go before you can come on here and ask such a question...and not even spell IGF right is just silly......Read up, take the time...the answers are here, trust me...

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:
Bro-

Igf is a large subject and alot of us have been researching it for years and years, and still don't know all there is to know...You have a long way to go before you can come on here and ask such a question...and not even spell IGF right is just silly......Read up, take the time...the answers are here, trust me...

ludacris007

ludacris007

Awards
  • Established
why do you keep calling it IFG-1? if you cant get the name right you have ZERO right to use this peptide. research and find some answers and when you at least get the name of the peptide right I will take the time to help you. god bless man

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Whats interesting if you watch that silly video is that they mixed two concepts.

The first concept which the researcher was discussing was the use of a viral vector (which is nothing scary & rather easy to do in a lab) to deliver extra RNA for IGF-1 into the nucleus of the cell. IGF-1 is then expressed from within ...meaning IGF-1 is created in the cell. IGF-1 pools become rather large and reside in the cytoplasm and eventually are "called" to the surface where they bind with the IGF-1 receptor.

This is bar none THE best way to increase muscle IGF-1 & most importantly MGF (actually the only way to do so).

They then switch over to speaking in terms of injecting IGF-1 into muscles and treat that as if that is the mode of delivery for Dr. Sweeny's great results from IGF-1 genetic manipulation.

All the while using a guy with a deep "cool" voice and silly-assed graphics on what purports to be a science channel. No wonder the original poster is confused. Are you confused original poster? :)

1. What's the difference between GHG, IFG-1 and IFG-1 Long R3?

GHG is in acronym form hGH (human growth hormone). Often the h (human) is dropped and it is referred to as GH (growth hormone). Growth Hormone (GH) is a hormone that is primarily secreted from the pituitary. It circulates and binds to receptors primarily in the liver where it "causes" IGF-1 to be synthesized.

IFG-1 is in acronym form IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor one). It is basically a cellular repair hormone which also mediates growth. It circulates and binds to receptors in tissue throughout the body...in the brain, in other organs and muscle.

IFG-1 Long R3 is in acronym form IGF-1 LR3. It does not occur naturally. Rather it is IGF-1 but altered in such a way as to resist enzyme breakdown in blood plasma. It circulates and binds to receptors with a lower attraction then unaltered IGF-1.

2. Is IFG-1 and IFG-1 Long R3 actually a virus that you inject yourself that changes your DNA in your targetted muscle area?

No IGF-1 is just a hormone. (see my opening paragraphs to figure out how you went astray)

3. Does IFG-1 and IFG-1 Long R3 shrink your balls like GHG?

Actually GH (Growth Hormone) has no negative impact on the HPTA (Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis) so it won't shrink your testicles. Neither will IGF-1. Testosterone and most androgenic steroids will have a negative impact on your HPTA which may shrink your testicles.

4. Does IFG-1 and IFG-1 Long R3 give you acne like GHG?

Nope. Again you are confusing these hormones with androgens or the male sex hormone which may bring about that particular side-effect.

5. Does IFG-1 have any negative side-effects?

Short-term possibly hypoglycemic feelings. Long-term elevated levels of IGF-1 are positively correlated with higher incidence of cancer.

6. Do you recommend someone my size and age taking IFG-1?

No on both counts.

7. Is it true that the muscle mass does not deteriorate after you've stopped using IFG-1?

Injecting yourself with IGF-1 will result in little or no muscle mass.

Dangerous is a relative term. In the very long-run elevated levels of both GH & IGF-1 (in particular) bring about metabolic changes which reduce the effects of aging BUT may reduce longevity. It seems having abnormally low levels of these hormones (at least in insects & worms but also probably humans) extends life span.

9. What happens when IFG-1 is injected into the main blood stream? Is it more potent than if it were in the muscle? Would it pass a dope test?

It will circulate systemically, bind to an IGF-Binding Protein and eventually make its way to a receptor where it will mediate events or it will be destroyed.

Wounds seem to "cry out" and be more receptive to IGF-1 binding to a local receptor. There are more receptors in the gastrointestinal tract as well so IGF-1 is "potent" in these areas.

IGF-1 needs to bind to receptors in muscle in order to effect muscle growth.

IGF-1 is not dope so yes it would pass.

10. What happens when IFG-1 is injected into a targeted muscle? Is it more potent than if it were in the blood stream? Would it pass a dope test?

Some may bind to a receptor in muscle tissue. Unless IGF-1 is bound to both Acid Labile Subunit & IGBP3 it will not be confined to the extravascular space and it will enter the blood stream.

IF IGF-1 were to remain confined to the area injected into then yes it will be a more potent muscle builder then if it were to travel systemically.

It will pass any test you will ever be given. Come back and ask that question when you are preparing for the Olympics a few years from now and I'll revise my answer.

Thanks

You're most welcome. :) ...for any one who is scratching their head at this point...this is what Dat is like when he takes 5-HTP. :) Its a new Dat!

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Strange, I don't see a video in this thread. I think corporate is blocking embedded vids! :(

BoardGuest978

Awards
Sorry for the bump

why do you keep calling it IFG-1? if you cant get the name right you have ZERO right to use this peptide. research and find some answers and when you at least get the name of the peptide right I will take the time to help you. god bless man
Mild case of dyslexia. Yes I did a bit of research since then and I can see why you would be frustrated with me. I even learned abit more about Anabolic Steroids too. I now wonder why would anyone pick Anabolic Steroids over IGF-1? (Unless their looking to loose weight)

According to a few people, IGF-1 makes your body develop new muscle cells whereas Anabolic Steroids, Protein, plain workout simply makes your muscle cells bigger. Is this true? I always thought that creatine made your cells bigger by increasing your water retension...

I also heard IGF-1 is not legal, but also not illegal. Does that mean I can buy some off some website and if I get caught doing so, I won't get into any kind of trouble?

Dangerous is a relative term. In the very long-run elevated levels of both GH & IGF-1 (in particular) bring about metabolic changes which reduce the effects of aging BUT may reduce longevity. It seems having abnormally low levels of these hormones (at least in insects & worms but also probably humans) extends life span.

It will circulate systemically, bind to an IGF-Binding Protein and eventually make its way to a receptor where it will mediate events or it will be destroyed.

Wounds seem to "cry out" and be more receptive to IGF-1 binding to a local receptor. There are more receptors in the gastrointestinal tract as well so IGF-1 is "potent" in these areas.

IGF-1 needs to bind to receptors in muscle in order to effect muscle growth.

IGF-1 is not dope so yes it would pass.

Some may bind to a receptor in muscle tissue. Unless IGF-1 is bound to both Acid Labile Subunit & IGBP3 it will not be confined to the extravascular space and it will enter the blood stream.

IF IGF-1 were to remain confined to the area injected into then yes it will be a more potent muscle builder then if it were to travel systemically.

It will pass any test you will ever be given. Come back and ask that question when you are preparing for the Olympics a few years from now and I'll revise my answer.
Thanks for the info man, no Im not planning into going into any kind of Olympics or sport events. Would be cool to be in Body-building competions though.

From what I learned injecting directly into your bloodstream also causes your intestines to absorb the IGF-1 which makes them grow bigger. So if I would to take 20-40mcg IGF-1 per day (Which has a shorter lifespan than IGF-1 Long R3) I would be less likely to have a cancer or a coleman gut right?

Im guessing you thought I meant just one shot into the arm. The video I knew was exagerated. But you would gain more muscle mass with multiple dosages over a period of 9 months right?

THanks again!

Strange, I don't see a video in this thread. I think corporate is blocking embedded vids! :(
youtube.com/watch?v=ucHFgXizpGc

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
QUOTE by BoardGuest978

Sorry for the bump

Mild case of dyslexia. Yes I did a bit of research since then and I can see why you would be frustrated with me. I even learned abit more about Anabolic Steroids too. I now wonder why would anyone pick Anabolic Steroids over IGF-1? (Unless their looking to loose weight)
According to a few people, IGF-1 makes your body develop new muscle cells whereas Anabolic Steroids, Protein, plain workout simply makes your muscle cells bigger. Is this true? I always thought that creatine made your cells bigger by increasing your water retension...

End of Quote

I am not bashing you. I simply hate to see young people using potentially dangerous, powerful drugs when they have no business doing so.

First, you are only 19 and shouldn't be using anything at your age and level of experience. Second, AAS are going to give you so much more than IGF-1 in terms of gains for a fraction of the price that I can't even begin to comment on your comment. Third, refer back to number one!

If you are not gaining weight, you are simply not training hard enough and eating enough of the right foods. Period. Get your house in order before you start thinking about pumping chemicals into your body. I'm sorry, but the truth hurts.

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
QUOTE=BoardGuest978

Sorry for the bump

End of Quote

I am not bashing you. I simply hate to see young people using potentially dangerous, powerful drugs when they have no business doing so.

First, you are only 19 and shouldn't be using anything at your age and level of experience. Second, AAS are going to give you so much more than IGF-1 in terms of gains for a fraction of the price that I can't even begin to comment on your comment. Third, refer back to number one!

If you are not gaining weight, you are simply not training hard enough and eating enough of the right foods. Period. Get your house in order before you start thinking about pumping chemicals into your body. I'm sorry, but the truth hurts.

BoardGuest978

Awards
QUOTE=BoardGuest978
Second, AAS are going to give you so much more than IGF-1 in terms of gains for a fraction of the price that I can't even begin to comment on your comment.
By "loose weight" I meant "loose fat"

I heard AAS give you alot more gains, but I also heard and read that most of it is water retention which explains why most people lose weight after their cycles. And plus doesn't your body destroy all of the AAS in your body to turn it into IGF-1 and IGF-2 in the first place? Taking IGF-1 seems like a safer shortcut.

You got any sources saying otherwise? Id like to see them please. Thanks man!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Boardguest, you are about as wrong as you can get. Really. Do some serious reading in this section. The only AAS that I am aware of that causes a rise in NATURAL IGF is Trenbolone. NO AAS TURNS INTO IGF.

SOME AAS "aromatize" causing a rise in estrogen, wich cause watergain or "BLOAT" but this is controllable. Again, your research is faulty. Spend some time in the Anabolic section. Specifically, read up on aromitazation, Suicide Inhibitors, estrogen control, estrogen blockers would all be good things to search on and read.

Read the following IN ITS ENTIRETY until you understand everything in it: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/igf-1-gh/52017-my-take-igf.html

BoardGuest978

Awards
Boardguest, you are about as wrong as you can get. Really. Do some serious reading in this section. The only AAS that I am aware of that causes a rise in NATURAL IGF is Trenbolone. NO AAS TURNS INTO IGF.
What few people realize even today - and it's been what, nearly 20 years of insulin usage in BBing, is that the very reason why slin and GH are synergystic is that when levels of both are high, the liver turns the GH into IGF-1. That's right, when doing slin & GH, you are in fact using these because your body makes more IGF-1 with them. So it isn't the slin OR the GH nor actually the compounding of the effects of each, but rather good old IGF-1. Even the name Insulinlike Growth Factor, has been made such because of the origin of the compound in Insulin and Growth Hormone.
Sorry man, I thought HGH and AAS were basically the same thing except HGH is natural and AAS meant it was GH that was created in a lab. My bad.

BoardGuest978

Awards
Sorry for the massive bump. (I'm almost 21 now btw) I guess I was wrong I reached 157lbs yesterday from taking testosterone boosters and eating cottage cheese. Problem is if I want to compete in bodybuilding and I dont think thats ever going to happen unless I take it or I do another 10 years of training. I want to shorten that time to 4 years. I understand now that IGF-1 is a Growth Hormone and not a steroid or testosterone.

So again why wouldn't you take IGF-1 over some steroid or synthetic testosterone?

Insulin Growth Factor 1. There's also Insulin Growth Factor 2. Has anyone tried IGF-2?

BoardGuest978

Awards
Just turned 21 not too long ago, so HA! Can't say I'm too young now!

Anyways at 175lbs thanks to Anavar and Turinabol, still think I shouldve went staright with IGF-1. Anybody care to explain why you would use steroids over IGF-1 or GH? I understand it's alot more expensive but other than that there's nothing. I think I might've also contracted gynecomastia. Probably wouldn't have happened if I was on IGF-1. Talked to a bunch of other bodybuilders and they know just as much as I do...

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
To op. Regardless if your 19 or 21 don't take any aas phs igf gh etc. Your natural test is through the roof right now. Get in the gym lift hard eat eat eat. Trust me I gained 50 pounds naturally, if your not gaining weight your not doing something right. Don't try to walk before you crawl .Only when I hit a hard plateau when I was 26 did I try some phs. Obviously you aren't that dumb since you came to the right place for quality information but now that ppl are telling you things you don't want to hear your making excuses. The guys here are looking out for your best interest. Listen to them and don't make a bad mistake before your 24 on trt.

good luck in your decision

BoardGuest978

Awards
To op. Regardless if your 19 or 21 don't take any aas phs igf gh etc. Your natural test is through the roof right now. Get in the gym lift hard eat eat eat. Trust me I gained 50 pounds naturally, if your not gaining weight your not doing something right. Don't try to walk before you crawl .Only when I hit a hard plateau when I was 26 did I try some phs. Obviously you aren't that dumb since you came to the right place for quality information but now that ppl are telling you things you don't want to hear your making excuses. The guys here are looking out for your best interest. Listen to them and don't make a bad mistake before your 24 on trt.

good luck in your decision
really? 50lbs? how long did it take you to gain that? And I bet you aren't a hard gainer like me, I was as bad as an ethiopian kid when I was a teen. 2 and a half years of natural weight lifting 5 days a week every single week and I only had 30lbs to show for it.

Fixed the gynecomastia with Arimidex (Took 3 doses over a 1 week period of time and my nipples aren't as swollen), I think I know what I'm doing.

Reason I wanted to do IGF-1 is that I will keep my gains, and won't have any liver dammage if I do it right. I know there's side effets with GH and IGF-1 if you use it too much or for too long but they don't seem as likely compared to using steroids and testosterone.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
really? 50lbs? how long did it take you to gain that? And I bet you aren't a hard gainer like me, I was as bad as an ethiopian kid when I was a teen. 2 and a half years of natural weight lifting 5 days a week every single week and I only had 30lbs to show for it.

Fixed the gynecomastia with Arimidex (Took 3 doses over a 1 week period of time and my nipples aren't as swollen), I think I know what I'm doing.

Reason I wanted to do IGF-1 is that I will keep my gains, and won't have any liver dammage if I do it right. I know there's side effets with GH and IGF-1 if you use it too much or for too long but they don't seem as likely compared to using steroids and testosterone.
It took me probably 5 or so years to gain that amount of weight. That's with nothing but dedication, hard work, diet, and hardcore lifting. The only supps i used were protein, creatine, and pre workout. I was also super skinny and an ectomorph. Look up bulking for ectomorphs on google and you will see good tips to help you. Like i stated before i only started looking into aas, ph's, and igf etc because i hit a hard plateau at around 225 pounds and now im getting closer to 30. So with that being said you can do it without cutting corners.

You cant put a ferrari motor into a cavalier and expect it to work right. Put on solid muscle naturally 1st then maximize it later with some gear.

Ok so you used gear and got gyno and were able to fix it... not trying to be a ahole but am i supposed to be impressed? I think your looking for an easier route to make gains when its not possible without hard work and dedication gear or no gear. .......