Slin results without slin? My thoughts.. - AnabolicMinds.com

Slin results without slin? My thoughts..

  1. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    Slin results without slin? My thoughts..


    Okay, before I tell you this. It might not make sense. This is all but ideas roaming in my head I have to type up.

    I have done a lot of reading on the use of Humalog, and some people I know have used it. This is the protocol they used:

    Post wo. approx. 10 IU with 3 rice cakes, 1 banana and 2 Gatorades

    I have read that the "new" method is now to use it 1-2 days a week, but 3 times in the day, for 3 meals. Some users even use it before eating, waiting to go hypo, and then eat like there is no tomorrow to reach glycogen hold to it's maximum.

    So the reason why you take slin is to do that. And the reason why you do it 1-2 times a week is not to build up a tolerance (well, the less tolerance you can).

    What if?

    What if you do just that, but without slin? What if, 1 time a week, you had a 3 meals carb loading. I mean a real carb loading, one that would maximize insulin response (because your body does a freaking good job on this). Have a gallon of molasse or something.

    The side effects would be similar.. This promotes insulin resistance, and can't be done frequently. And the insulin secreted would be similar to what you would have pinned...

    I want some opinions on this thing. I might give it a try..

  2. Board Sponsor
    Royd The Noyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,234
    Rep Power
    622648

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    This really no different then any depletion + carb up protocol.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

  3. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    This really no different then any depletion + carb up protocol.
    It would not be a depletion at all. This is during a normal bulk diet. And Carb up would be a lot more than just a little bit. I would take like 3 sweet potatoes cooked, mashed, mixed with molasse or something.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    pumbertot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    340

    Reputation

    at best you will get fat as an elephant from this.

    we use exo slin for many different reasons other than maximising our PWO nutrient intake. oh and where is the protein in those recommended PWO shakes?

    waste of time imo.
  5. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    This is not a PWO meal. It would be 3 times in a day, once a week. Okay, how bout this:

    3 scoops Isolate
    3 huge sweet potatoes mashed
    Plenty of molasse (no idea on how much, a good 150 ml.
  6. Advanced Member
    pumbertot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    340

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    This is not a PWO meal. It would be 3 times in a day, once a week. Okay, how bout this:

    3 scoops Isolate
    3 huge sweet potatoes mashed
    Plenty of molasse (no idea on how much, a good 150 ml.

    I was referring to no protein in this.

    Post wo. approx. 10 IU with 3 rice cakes, 1 banana and 2 Gatorades
    Causing an endogenous insulin release by the method you describe certainly has its uses.
    But it will not compete with using endogenous slin which like I said is not only used for nutrient shuttling.
    Endogenous insulin used correctly does not lead to significant insulin resistance issue anyways. Many have been using it for many years and the number that become diabetics is probably a consequence of statistics for ALL people and not related to insulin use.
  7. Senior Member
    datBtrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    838

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pumbertot View Post
    Endogenous insulin used correctly does not lead to significant insulin resistance issue anyways.
    Exactly.

    I just used Hum-R twice a day (5 on 2 off) for 14 weeks. My morning blood glucose reading never got above 80.

    A week off and the morning reading is back to the mid 70s.

    jjohn your post contains a lot of incorrect assumptions.
  8. Advanced Member
    pumbertot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    340

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    Exactly.

    I just used Hum-R twice a day (5 on 2 off) for 14 weeks. My morning blood glucose reading never got above 80.

    A week off and the morning reading is back to the mid 70s.

    jjohn your post contains a lot of incorrect assumptions.

    Of course I meant to say exogenous. Now corrected.
  9. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pumbertot View Post
    But it will not compete with using endogenous slin which like I said is not only used for nutrient shuttling.
    If I may ask, there's definetly something I am missing. What else can it be beneficial for us?

    I assume it cangive your pancreas a break since it doesn't have to make insulin as much... But I'd like to know what I am missing..
  10. Advanced Member
    pumbertot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    340

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    If I may ask, there's definetly something I am missing. What else can it be beneficial for us?

    I assume it cangive your pancreas a break since it doesn't have to make insulin as much... But I'd like to know what I am missing..

    Insulin will help to release LH and FSH. It is also involved in the conversion of HGH into IGF-1. It has other positive effecs too.
  11. Senior Member
    datBtrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    838

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    If I may ask, there's definetly something I am missing. What else can it be beneficial for us?

    I assume it cangive your pancreas a break since it doesn't have to make insulin as much... But I'd like to know what I am missing..
    You could start by reading my post #166 in my thread http://anabolicminds.com/forum/igf-1...ml#post1502526
  12. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Power
    801

    Reputation

    In an attempt to bring the OP idea back in to context, I think the question that needs to be asked is: Does synthetic/exo insulin differ substantially in effect to natural/endo insulin production?

    If the answer is no then I think it is fair to say that any exo insulin protocol that does not involve systemic insulin levels that are greater than what can be achieved naturally will not be significantly different than achieving those same levels naturally.

    Once lean body mass has been increased to supraphysiological levels via whatever other chemical enhancements, then it is conceivable that natural insulin production might be insufficient to metabolise the higher-than natural-energy requirements. In other words, natural insulin production has to become a limiting factor.
  13. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    Thanks for the answers guys.

    Yeah, Nitrox, this is pretty much what my idea was... But I start to see it's not exactly the same thing. Still I have more reading to do on this subject
  14. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Power
    801

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Thanks for the answers guys.

    Yeah, Nitrox, this is pretty much what my idea was... But I start to see it's not exactly the same thing. Still I have more reading to do on this subject
    To be honest, I don't think there is enough info out there to be able to draw a reasonable conclusion on the benefits of exo insulin use for natural athletes with normal insulin function.

    I say this because as someone who has been on insulin for the last 4 years, its behaviour (at least for me) is not all that consistent with broscience.
  15. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    To be honest, I don't think there is enough info out there to be able to draw a reasonable conclusion on the benefits of exo insulin use for natural athletes with normal insulin function.

    I say this because as someone who has been on insulin for the last 4 years, its behaviour (at least for me) is not all that consistent with broscience.
    Yeah, I know. Some just think about one thing or the other.

    I think the most effective way to use it would simply post wo. It has been shown to work well, and even though there are probably better ways to do it, we simply can't seem to confirm this.
  16. Board Supporter
    Nitrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Power
    801

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    I think the most effective way to use it would simply post wo. It has been shown to work well, and even though there are probably better ways to do it, we simply can't seem to confirm this.
    But has it really been shown to work well beyond weak testimonials? Broscience is not always good science and in the case of insulin and natural bodybuilding, from what I have seen, the evidence is sorely lacking (although I admit that I don't go outside AM anymore).
  17. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    A friend of mine have used it, while on cycle. No GH. And within one week, he literally blew up. Became really vascular and gained decent size. I know this ain't a proof at all, but from what I have read, most people (aka the average guy) who uses it use this protocol.
  18. Board Supporter
    wideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    980
    Rep Power
    4962

    Reputation

    Been around a little while and seen my share of stuff, never heard of anyone just blowing up off of slin ALONE. You sure he gained weight or was it more like he changed his bodycomp?
  19. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,538
    Rep Power
    77388

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wideguy View Post
    Been around a little while and seen my share of stuff, never heard of anyone just blowing up off of slin ALONE. You sure he gained weight or was it more like he changed his bodycomp?
    I did mention he was on cycle...
  20. IJL
    IJL is offline
    New Member
    IJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    80

    Reputation

    from my experience and what i have read, the response from carbing up compared to exogenous is very different. from what i remember reading somewhere, you can't spike your insulin anywhere near what you can do from shooting it. the amount of carbs required to even get close would be more detrimental to fat gain and all that stuff.

    correct me if i'm wrong, it's been a while.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 10:39 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 06:14 AM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 12:12 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in