the exercise pill

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

the exercise pill

NEJM -- The Exercise Pill -- Too Good to Be True?

I have the actual journal in my hand but I the online version I can't find.

If someone has it can they please post it up.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Regular physical exercise has undisputed health benefits in the prevention — and in some cases, the treatment — of many diseases. The problem is that for the great majority of Americans, probably as much as 70% of the population, there is an inability or unwillingness to meet the minimum physical activity guidelines established by the American College of Sports Medicine. The idea of taking a pill to gain the benefits of exercise is extremely attractive for the millions of "couch potatoes." A recent study by Narkar et al.1 suggests that a couple of molecules could mimic some effects of exercise .
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Laurie J. Goodyear, Ph.D.

PubMed Citation Regular physical exercise has undisputed health benefits in the prevention — and in some cases, the treatment — of many diseases. The problem is that for the great majority of Americans, probably as much as 70% of the population, there is an inability or unwillingness to meet the minimum physical activity guidelines established by the American College of Sports Medicine. The idea of taking a pill to gain the benefits of exercise is extremely attractive for the millions of "couch potatoes." A recent study by Narkar et al.1 suggests that a couple of molecules could mimic some effects of exercise training. Skeletal muscle is an extraordinary tissue that is critical not only in locomotion but also in controlling an organism's metabolic homeostasis. Skeletal muscles are composed of different types of elongated, multinucleated cells called myofibers. Type I myofibers have a slow-twitch speed of contraction, are exceedingly oxidative, and have a reddish appearance. Type II myofibers have a faster-twitch speed of contraction, can have both oxidative and glycolytic metabolic properties, and are fairly white in appearance. Skeletal muscle is highly adaptable, or plastic, in that exercise training effects a change in metabolic and contractile properties of the myofibers. For aerobic exercise training, such as running and swimming, myofibers take on a slow-twitch phenotype, with an increase in the levels of oxidative enzymes, glycogen, and glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4), the protein that transports glucose into the muscle. These changes are accompanied by an increase in insulin sensitivity of the muscle and an overall improvement in glucose homeostasis in the body. When a rodent or human becomes inactive, a number of myofibers may convert to the fast-twitch phenotype, making them less able to perform sustained aerobic work and contributing to an insulin-resistant state.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  167 lbs.
    Answers

This what you were looking for?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Well I have the hard copy but I wanted to share this with the whole board. Imagine working out and taking this pill at the same time.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  231 lbs.
    Answers

i actually have GW501516 on hand know but will run the log after my folstaxan adventure
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Is it even out? I would love to have something like this on hand with my peptides.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Is that the same as GW1516?
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Is this the AMPk-mediated PPAR-a agonist which came out quite some time ago? I had a conversation about this:

Ah, I knew it. They're mimicking extracellular fluctuations in the ATP:AMP ratio in order to have AMPk mitigate fatigue accordingly! Funny thing is, Anabolic Pump already directly modulates AMPk in myocytes!

Most of the research on Berberine - and to an extent Lagerstroemia - has reflected antilipogenic activity via PPAR-Gamma2, and not Alpha. However, AMPk does play a role in the upregulation of PPAR-Alpha in skeletal muscle in the context of oxidative energy demands in endurance training sessions; that is beside the point, though. I merely pointed out PPAR-Alpha, in order to point out the fallacy of your CPT-1 comment. AP predominantly mediates Gamma, which does not have transcriptional control over either malonyl-COA or the target enzyme CPT-1. In reality, most of the research concerning upregulated malonyl-CoA and subsequent lessened mRNA CPT-1 expression surrounded Alpha's activity in smooth muscle; the context is different.

My comments towards AMPk are vital to the discussion at hand, though; energy homeostasis, and by extension Anabolic Pump's MOA, cannot be fully understood without a concomitant understanding of AMPk mediated FA oxidation, glucose metabolism, protein synthesis, and so on. AMPk responds to extracellular fluctuations (AMP:ATP ratio) in order to meet intracellular demand for energy. It is especially responsible for the transferring between glycolytic and oxidative manners of energy expenditure during anaerobic exercise (see above comment). It directly controls the expression of GLUT4, and the processes of glycolysis and vasculogenesis, as well as mediating several other glucose uptake enzymes. It is highly responsible for the efficient storage and expenditure of glucose - hence my comments towards your 'excess glucose' storage comment.

Further, AMPk inactivates ACC, and upregulates levels of MCD (malonyl-CoA-decarboxylase) which as you know leads to increased levels of CPT-1 and subsequent mitochondrial FA oxidation. So, as I said earlier, CPT-1 is not an issue in this respect, and AP is - very efficiently so - antilipogenic. This is one of the primary mechanisms through which AP produces body composition changes: Ensuring the efficient transfer and storage of glucose, as well as increasing the cell's oxidative capacity. The risk of FA 'restorage' and subsequent lipogenesis/lipid hypertrophy is therefore reduced, and AMPk by its nature prevents plasma triglyceride, and lipid synthesis.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  231 lbs.
    Answers

thats right its been out for sometime know and the only reason im not running it is because of the folstaxan i never heard of gw1516 just gw501516 i got more imfo on this let me see if i can locate it dosage i will be running is 10 mg a day
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers
  12. Registered User
    Answers

i brought that drug up in another thread before...
    anyways i got another new one for ya's!

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories

check it out though im also gonna post this in the weiht loss section i think
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Already taking something like that from the guy that found the ageing gene.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCBKfqanYX0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnOWHnfKCIQ"]YouTube - Sirtris and Harvard Discover New Mechanism to Slow Aging[/ame]
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QggQ-kXR79I"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
    I just started taking it.

http://www.shaklee.net/nc/vivix if the mods need to take the link down please do. This is the product of Daves. After he sold his drug company to GSK he went over to this company to product his idea.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Is this the same thing they are referring to in the video the resveratrol?
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    Is this the same thing they are referring to in the video the resveratrol?

DJ, I am surprised (or not) that you have never heard of resveratrol. It's a VERY common ingredient in supps, especially BB related ones. It's quite possible you may have been taking it and not even know it.
    Without getting into details about all its uses/benefits, it's bsically a compound found in many plants including grape skins. (ex. Red Wine)
    Do a search
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

I have taken it with coQ10 but This new one I am taking is = to 100 glasses of wine a serving. 10x more potent than resveratrol alone and is 98% or more pure.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

wait, what's the best resveratrol product name?
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Answers

How is this related to peptides? Seems like this thread is in the wrong section.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

It started with the exercise pill and since its a drug but what I am taking is like a underdosed version of the drug this is the section I though was appropriate. Dave sincalir at a lecture was saying what I am taking is the under dosed version of what the drug does witch works to stop srt1 and few other genes.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 11:28 PM
  2. exercise in a pill
    By suncloud in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 11:29 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 01:43 PM
  4. Exercise In A Pill
    By DarCSA in forum Supplements