Epi+Formex ?

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
I am planning my epi cycle, and have ordered the formex, however I was unsure as to how best to utilize the formex. My epi dosing is as follows:

Either: 20/30/30/40 or 30/30/30/40

On cycle I will be taking BCAA's, protien, and Cycle Assist. I'm unsure as whether or not to run the formex while on cycle, bridge to pct, or 2 weeks after PCT starts so as to control any estro rebound, and how to dose according to each situation. PCT as follows:

Clomid: 50/50/50/50
X-lean: 100/100/50/50**

I will probably have Nolva on hand just in case gyno becomes an issue.

**I may waite a week or two to start X-lean as I thought cortisol usually doesn't become a problem until then. If I'm wrong I am very open to changing dosing protocol. Last problem I have is just waiting for the X-lean.....everyone is out of stock at the moment :)....any help would be greatly appreciated.

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
30/30/30/40 looks solid...I would run Formex from beginning to end all the way through PCT... I would stick wih 25 mgs ED as epi is mild and there should be little to no estrogen conversion...PCT looks good and Yes the cort blocker will help during PCT more than any other time IMO.

X-Lean is being reformulated at the moment so you may have to go with DS Lean Extreme or supress-C by CEL.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
30/30/30/40 looks solid...I would run Formex from beginning to end all the way through PCT... I would stick wih 25 mgs ED as epi is mild and there should be little to no estrogen conversion...PCT looks good and Yes the cort blocker will help during PCT more than any other time IMO.

X-Lean is being reformulated at the moment so you may have to go with DS Lean Extreme or supress-C by CEL.
Do you mean from the beginning of the Epi cycle all the way through PCT? Or beginning of PCT through all 4 weeks?

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Beginning of cycle till end...I'm not a big fan of running an AI during PCT but I think that 25mgs of Formex is not very suppressive and allows you estrogen to be at a somewhat normal level, However with that being said I would never run an AI during PCT...Remember estrogen is good and is vital in restoring our HPTA.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, this is why I wanted to make sure I was controlling estrogen, not destroying it. Thanks for your input. I think I'm gonna go with Lean Xtreme (driven sports), as it has the 7OH and 5AT, as opposed to CEL's Suppress-C (only 5-AT). Now should I dose that at the beginning of PCT or waite like a week and then start? And as far as dosing protocol I was thinking maybe just 3/3/3/3......any thoughts?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Why the formex during cycle? I was under the impression that epi has anti-e and serm like properties. First time i've heard anyone recommend formex on cycle.

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Formestane/Formex is a Suicide Aromatase Inhibitor...Many people use them on cycle. Even with compounds that have very little estrogen conversion such as Epi sometimes will require an AI...Just really depends on the person.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Designer bodybuilding...only place I could actually find it in stock.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Formex is in stock at Nutra Planet right now. :)

CornFed

Awards
Formex is in stock at Nutra Planet right now. :)
I know. I just placed my order last night. :D I had been waiting to see who'd get it in first. I only order from 2 main places. Nutra and dps. Nutra got it.

Thank you for letting us know though!

dementor

dementor

Awards
Is Clomid really necessary for this cycle?

I would have dropped it, if he uses Formex at 25 mg ED and instead of Clomid take something like Post Cycle Assist formula or Activate Extreme.

Someone else agree on this?

MEPSE

MEPSE

Awards
It seems like most recommend having a SERM on hand just in case, which probably makes sense for anyone who doesn't know how their body will respond. I have to admit that I have read that some of the PHs are worse than AAS, and this may have something to do with it. Back 24 years ago when I used AAS and competed, we had no SERMs (that I knew of), and we simply tapered the AAS off at the end of the cycle and quit using anything for 6 weeks. That was PCT then, and this was D-bol and Deca for me. I do understand that everyone is different, and some will experience gyno with even mild cycles like Epi. I don't know this as a fact, but it seems to me that the need for a SERM with Epi should be rare at best. But, better safe than sorry I guess. I just would not use the Clomid unless I actually needed it.

dementor

dementor

Awards
It seems like most recommend having a SERM on hand just in case, which probably makes sense for anyone who doesn't know how their body will respond. I have to admit that I have read that some of the PHs are worse than AAS, and this may have something to do with it. Back 24 years ago when I used AAS and competed, we had no SERMs (that I knew of), and we simply tapered the AAS off at the end of the cycle and quit using anything for 6 weeks. That was PCT then, and this was D-bol and Deca for me. I do understand that everyone is different, and some will experience gyno with even mild cycles like Epi. I don't know this as a fact, but it seems to me that the need for a SERM with Epi should be rare at best. But, better safe than sorry I guess. I just would not use the Clomid unless I actually needed it.
Good post and input. Exactly my thoughts. What would you think about taper of the Epi?

D-bol is perfect for taper off, but that migth be because of its highly androgenic effects. Epi is not that strong of an androgen, and it might be no use to taper off.

This is just my thoughts though, no expert, just thinking out loud.

MEPSE

MEPSE

Awards
You are probably right - no real reason to taper off on a relatively mild PH. I was just thinking about how we used to do it, and wondering if there was any benefit to tapering off Epi at the end. Even though it is mild, it still seems to me that there is some amount of natural shutdown, and tapering should help start it up again. In all of the posts I have read, I have not seen anyone suggest it.

dementor

dementor

Awards
If you take your Epi with some planning, there is no need for a "real" PCT. If you get shut down, you wont get shut down hard, you can get by with some testbooster as stated.

Ever considered pulsing orals in general? You might have tried it since it seems that you have some years experience in bodybuilding?

Have you been competing?

MEPSE

MEPSE

Awards
I have never tried pulsing, and I am still unsure about it. My current Epi cycle is the first time I have used a PH, and I have not used AAS for 24 years. I did D-bol and Deca at the age of 21 to compete in a body building contest (West Coast Fitness in St. Pete, FL) where I took 1st in middleweight and 2nd overall (lost to the heavyweight). I weighed 165# at the weigh-in, down from a high of 180#. I have continued to work out fairly consistently for a total of 30 years, but I am just now getting serious again. I am thinking of competing again next season (in the old man's group, of course). I have a friend in town who is my age, and he just get his pro card by winning the 2009 Southern USA in Panama City (1st place Men's Open Heavyweight). I am trying to learn from him, but so far he has been somewhat secretive. I have been out of the competition scene for some time, so I have a lot of catching up to do! I weighed 200# when I weighed myself Thursday, and I chose Epi because it is mild, and I wanted to try to lean up some. I have to work hard to keep fat off, but my diet hasn't been the greatest until recently. How about you? What are your experiences with all of this?

dementor

dementor

Awards
I have never tried pulsing, and I am still unsure about it. My current Epi cycle is the first time I have used a PH, and I have not used AAS for 24 years. I did D-bol and Deca at the age of 21 to compete in a body building contest (West Coast Fitness in St. Pete, FL) where I took 1st in middleweight and 2nd overall (lost to the heavyweight). I weighed 165# at the weigh-in, down from a high of 180#. I have continued to work out fairly consistently for a total of 30 years, but I am just now getting serious again. I am thinking of competing again next season (in the old man's group, of course). I have a friend in town who is my age, and he just get his pro card by winning the 2009 Southern USA in Panama City (1st place Men's Open Heavyweight). I am trying to learn from him, but so far he has been somewhat secretive. I have been out of the competition scene for some time, so I have a lot of catching up to do! I weighed 200# when I weighed myself Thursday, and I chose Epi because it is mild, and I wanted to try to lean up some. I have to work hard to keep fat off, but my diet hasn't been the greatest until recently. How about you? What are your experiences with all of this?
Nice history man, that's some real training experience you have. I have done one Dbol cycle and a test e, but that was a few years ago.
Started to get really serious about my traning again now, and at the moment I am on an Epi pulse cycle for 6-8 weeks depending on how I feel, week 2 now. Will ad Formex at 25 mg on off days in week 4, do only Formex and Activate Extreme as PCT. I can get Nolva if needed, but I am sure thats not going to be the case.

Competing is in the back of my head, need at least another bulking year, then 6 months cutting. But really, I'm not sure thats what I want to do.

Let me know how your cycle is turning out!?

MEPSE

MEPSE

Awards
I'll be looking forward to seeing how you like the pulsing. I was considering it, but decided to go straight cycle. Next week is week 5, and will likely me my last week. I'll post results once I'm done...

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm on my 4th week of Epi @40mgs per day{started at 60 for the first 2 weeks} and the strength increases have been great !!!...2 more weeks to go.

MEPSE

MEPSE

Awards
M16 - Did you "jump start" with 60 mg ED for the first 2 weeks, and now going 2 weeks at 40 mg ED? You also seem to be using a straight 6-week cycle. I know most seem to start out with a lower dose (20 mg) and then go up. Just asking for future cycles. Are you using any Formex with it?

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Yes using Formex with it at 50mgs EOD...I start at 60mgs for 2 weeks, and bumped it down for 40mgs for the next 2 weeks, and then 20mgs for the last 2 weeks....Just a simple reversed ramping Idea.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Epi and Formex are about to go the way of the dinosaur....get them while you still can!

Hugo Danner

Awards
M16 - if I'm understanding correctly, you're doing a 6 week EPI cycle, and you say you started at 60 for 2 weeks and then dropped down to 40 for the remaining 4 weeks. Is the premise that you can saturate yourself with EPI (60mg/day) and then do a maintenance phase (40 mg/day)?

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I sometimes take this approach and sometimes don't...I like to experiment with dosing protocols and see what works for me and what doesn't.
M16 - if I'm understanding correctly, you're doing a 6 week EPI cycle, and you say you started at 60 for 2 weeks and then dropped down to 40 for the remaining 4 weeks. Is the premise that you can saturate yourself with EPI (60mg/day) and then do a maintenance phase (40 mg/day)?

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is that right?
I think you are speculating, and are incorrect.
Neither is on the list (at this time).

Epi and Formex are about to go the way of the dinosaur....get them while you still can!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/132570-ph-ban-imminent.html

AH-89-Xtreme: 5α-androstano[3,2-c]pyrazole-3-one-17β-ol-THP-ether, marketed as “similar to Stanozolol

ESTRO Xtreme: 4-hydroxyandrostenedione (4-OHA) = formestane

MMA-3 Xtreme: Androsta-1,4-dien-3,17-dione, marketed as “similar to Boldenone (Equipoise)” = Bold by Iforce

VNS-9 Xtreme: 17α-methyl-4-chloro-androsta-1,4-diene-3β,17β-diol, marketed as “similar to Turinabol” = Hdrol

TT-40-Xtreme: 1-androsterone, marketed as “very similar to 1-Testosterone” and “converts to 1-Testosterone” = 1-Dhea??

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Yep, but that list is not include what is on the FDA's list to ban right now. That list has Phera-Plex and oral 19-nor products. Those were mentioned because of the company involved. Once again, Epi/Formex isn't at risk right now.

Good to know! So what is on the list to ban right now? is this publicly available?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Yep, but that list is not include what is on the FDA's list to ban right now. That list has Phera-Plex and oral 19-nor products. Those were mentioned because of the company involved. Once again, Epi/Formex isn't at risk right now.

Good to know! is this publicly available?

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's somewhere on this site; however, I do not know what thread exactly. You can run a search on the FDA's web-site, though.