Through various deviant and nefarious efforts I managed to burgle myself two doses of X-dream.
...ok, not really: my girl was nice enough to share some of hers with me on a couple of nights, first a training day and later a recovery day.
Here are my thoughts:
1. Following a training day: With two training sessions and a normal life in between, I'm always absolutely done by the end of these days and very rarely have trouble sleeping. However, I still like and seem to benefit from such substances as ZMA and GABA before bed - sleep is deeper, dreams are more pronounced and detailed, and I wake more alert and better rested.
So, I was pleased to get to try X-Dreams and definitely satisfied with it's performance. It provided:
- A light sedative effect beginning about 15-20min following ingestion.
- Very satisfying sleep.
I was out almost immediately and that was it. I didn't wake until the sun was shining in my face through the window. In fact, it was so rapid that I fell asleep that I can't really describe much else of my experience with it here. I felt it kick in and I was out. My fatigue from the exertion of my day contributed largely to this, but X-Dreams effects are still noteworthy.
2. A Recovery Day: Much more relaxed and less demanding, my recovery day gave me the chance to evaluate X-Dreams under circumstances that would, hopefully, allow for more observations. This time:
- I again felt the sedation; very relaxed, a feeling of easy contentment. It was somewhat similar to that relaxation which accompanies a glass of wine after dinner, though not nearly as satisfying to the palate.
- Sleep was equally restorative and deep as on the training day.
I did not fall asleep so fast, but did not have difficulty either. As with the training day, I remained asleep the night through.
X-Dreams is an effective drug-free sleep-aid. With GABA to promote deep sleep and valerian and melatonin to help one fall asleep, it's a solid combo.
Would I use it again? If I found I was having difficulty sleeping, certainly. However, without sleeping-troubles I will be sticking to my ZMA and GABA, as X-Dreams does not include a ZMA complex and I like that mineral supplementation.
If getting a good night's sleep is scarce for you, X-Dreams could prove very beneficial. It knocked me out very rapidly on both my occasions of use.