Epistane pluse for shoulder rehab?

H

holmes631

Awards
I went to the orthopedics's to have my shoulder looked at they did a bunch of test and said most likely i don't need surgery. What they told me was the the muscles that hold my shoulder joint in place are extremely week causing my joint to rub and pop out my labium witch is extremely painful when it does happen also my right scaple is winging. So i went to the sports therapist and he confirms this, he has me doing all these different exercires with 2 to 5 pounds weights that are challenging to me. My question is would doing a epi pulse 1 befor and 2 after the session 2 days a week be beneficial or speed up the recovery.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The problem isn't muscle weakness, so probably not. I know they told you it was muscle weakness, but I find that hard to believe. Are you sure they didnt say anything about the tendons or ligaments?

If it really is a muscle weakness problem, I wouldnt take over 10-20mg of epistane per day. Because it has anti-e properties it could dry your joints out at higher doses.

H

holmes631

Awards
I dont think they made any mention of any problems with ligaments or tendons just the muscles that control the stability of the shoulder in less those are considered tendons or ligaments i gota look up what the difference is. yea the drying out of joints sounds like it could be and issues. Also if any body knows what effect steroids,ph and dh have on tendons and ligaments and the effect to heal damaged muscles that would be interesting

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steroids can harm tendons and ligaments if they dry you out too much. Most of the problems with joints and ligaments with steroids you hear about are from people who are on ridiculous cycles, lifting weight way beyond their genetic potential. 10-20mg of epistane/day wouldn't cause this. You could see some good benefits without any serious drying out...especially if your muscles are in need of recovery.

Do they know what caused it? What's your story? Stats?

M

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
yea watch how you feel with epi at 30 mgs, i was in an accident at 50 no seat belt :fart: and braced myself with my arm now very little cartilage in it, i felt some serious pain during my workout. make sure you take high amounts of fish oil to keep em lubricated

H

holmes631

Awards
It was caused by years of abuse and probably lack of proper form and not addressing minor pains i had until it came down to this. I have boxed and done jujitsu on and off for years also weight lifting and i work doing construction for that last 6 years. I was taking handfuls of fish oil a day thanks to Np and their 1000 caps for 30 bucks be for i decide i needed to see a doctor about this. They gave my a prescription for mobic an non steroid anti inflammation drug witch has some serious waring about taking with other blood thinners so i guess no fish oil any more. I guess in going to do the six weeks of rehab i got and see if their is an improvement then i will know it is a problem with weak muscles than ill decide from their what i wanna do.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
What I found to help with my shoulder woes is to take a broom, twisted up towel, etc, hold it straight out in front of ya, a bit wider than your shoulders, and keeping your elbows locked go up and over your head and down to your upper ass. A wider grip is easier, so do that first, but after a few times, you'll feel a "pump" right in your rotators. Oh, and do it slow......If it is weak muscles it'll help, as my left shoulder has done nothing but cause my max bench to drop......but now I'm on the up and up....

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, I've had a pretty extensive (R) shoulder reconstruction, and (R) leg reconstruction, so I will only recommend that you do some practical rehabbing on it without the use of Epistane.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I found to help with my shoulder woes is to take a broom, twisted up towel, etc, hold it straight out in front of ya, a bit wider than your shoulders, and keeping your elbows locked go up and over your head and down to your upper ass. A wider grip is easier, so do that first, but after a few times, you'll feel a "pump" right in your rotators. Oh, and do it slow......If it is weak muscles it'll help, as my left shoulder has done nothing but cause my max bench to drop......but now I'm on the up and up....
This works for about 90% of people...the other 10% it seems to make it way worse. I think either Dante or Wes created this, but I could be wrong. I know they both talk a lot about it.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I've had a pretty extensive (R) shoulder reconstruction, and (R) leg reconstruction, so I will only recommend that you do some practical rehabbing on it without the use of Epistane.
Yea those were my thoughts as well, as I have had problems with both of my shoulders from years of baseball. My damage wasn't anything with the muscle, though. I recommend you get some resistance bands for rehab. They work great. Start real easy and work your way up.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea those were my thoughts as well, as I have had problems with both of my shoulders from years of baseball. My damage wasn't anything with the muscle, though. I recommend you get some resistance bands for rehab. They work great. Start real easy and work your way up.
Correct. Bands and body-weight training should help him out a lot more.