Get To Know The iForce Nutrition Team - Epolis13

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Hi Everyone!

Thanks to Vaughn and the rest of the iForce team for bringing me on board this month. I've been a long-time user and lover of iForce products, and I've been known to do ridiculous amounts of baking with Protean. I'm looking forward to representing iForce Nutrition and to answering some of your questions. I'm also here to learn from others, so I'm interested in hearing what you have to say.Here's a little bit about me:

Training Background:
I have played sports all my life and played 2 varsity sports in college. Needless to say, I'm just a little competitive and I got very bored after I "retired." I ran a few half marathons, but I found out that I really despise running. I started lifting heavy and changing my physique, and someone suggested that I try a figure competition. I tried one and I won my class, and I was hooked for a while. I spent the next 2 years competing off and on and really putting on some good, quality muscle. I placed top 5 at a National show, and I was pleased with how I had progressed in the industry. However, I got a little bored with that, too, and I have recently switched over to CrossFit (I know, I know). For me, I treat it like a sport. I actually DON'T do the metcons every day. I focus on strength 5 days a week and work HEAVY on deads, front and back squats, bench press, overhead press, cleans, jerks, and snatches. The clean and jerk is quickly becoming my bread and butter of lifting; I absolutely love it. When I was competing, I was lifting for a look and not really for performance, and I think that's why I like my programming so much. I've been hitting PRs left and right, and it's very fulfilling. And, don't worry, I still can't kip my pull-ups. In all seriousness, it's all about the heavy lifting for me. It's awesome to feel strong.

I'm a certified personal trainer and sports nutritionist, as well.

Name: Beth
Current Age: 30
Height: 5'6
Current Weight: 143

Training Goal(s): Increase 1RM on all major lifts
Fix form issues on clean and snatch

Typical Training Schedule:
Mon: HBBS + kettlebell accessory work (swings, snatches, 1-arm OH squat, SDL high-pulls, turkish get-ups)
Tues: Clean and Jerk + double under tabatas
Weds: Front Squats + clean pulls + snatch balance
Thurs: Rest
Fri: Deadlifts + Press (either push or strict - I vary it) + snatch pulls
Sat: Bench + light weight cleans from jerk boxes + push jerks
Sun: Rest
It may look like a lot, but the accessory work is usually very light weight and form-focused.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Nice bio! Welcome to AM, Beth!

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Thanks a lot! Happy to be here.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the team Beth!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome to the forum and I hope you like it here.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome to the forums!

iForce Dave

iForce Dave

Awards
  • Established
Hey beth, welcome to the team! Glad to see you here on AM

I will be around now too