Ecdy Causes Cancer?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    I haven't responded because there isn't much to respond to. Any compound in its pure form will have an MSDS which claims it can be harmful if inhaled or touched with skin. This is true for caffeine...vitamin c...everything. Ecdy can not and will not cause cancer.
    Oh i see. That's fine that you aren't interested lol. Well I looked this up for ceffeine and vitamin c, and under "personal protection" it does not say don't inhale or let them touch the skin. That is unique to ecdysterone. Anyways, just posting this up for people that care. I'm not saying anyone should be worried..just relaying what I had read. I'm not all that concerned myself after researching the topic more.


  2. you apparently did not look at a caffeine MSDS as I told you to...

    http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/c0165.htm

    Emergency Overview
    --------------------------
    WARNING! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED OR INHALED. CAUSES IRRITATION TO SKIN, EYES AND RESPIRATORY TRACT. POSSIBLE BIRTH DEFECT HAZARD. MAY CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS BASED ON ANIMAL DATA.

    SAF-T-DATA(tm) Ratings (Provided here for your convenience)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Health Rating: 2 - Moderate (Poison)
    Flammability Rating: 1 - Slight
    Reactivity Rating: 1 - Slight
    Contact Rating: 2 - Moderate
    Lab Protective Equip: GOGGLES; LAB COAT; VENT HOOD; PROPER GLOVES
    Storage Color Code: Blue (Health)

    so to handle caffeine, we need goggles, lab coat, and gloves...omg!

  3. It is not that I am not interested...it is that there is nothing for me to add to this. I am correct in saying that just about EVERY pure chemical has a MSDS that claims it can be harmful. Ecdy is not unique in this matter(as can be seen above).
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    I haven't responded because there isn't much to respond to. Any compound in its pure form will have an MSDS which claims it can be harmful if inhaled or touched with skin. This is true for caffeine...vitamin c...everything. Ecdy can not and will not cause cancer.
    Not only will it not cause cancer it has also been reported to protect against many forms of cancer. There may be something to the non-responder issue. A friend of mine, (long time body builder), uses it pre-contest. He claims it helps lean him out.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    you apparently did not look at a caffeine MSDS as I told you to...






    so to handle caffeine, we need goggles, lab coat, and gloves...omg!

    Actually I did, and I would gladly post up the links if I had enough posts to do it. It was obviously something different than you found however. I do appreciate you posting up the link though, because I can see what you mean now. It isnt so concerning when caffeine also includes those warnings. Since the national cancer institute "suspects" it may be a carcinogen, then it would have the potential to cause cancer, if it indeed was a carcinogen. I'd like to know what "suspect" means to them though. Oh well, this makes me feel alot better about taking the Ecdy I got the other day..after 2 days taking it, my muscles DO feel fuller. Still haven't gone to the gym yet, but I'm expecting a great pump.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Not only will it not cause cancer it has also been reported to protect against many forms of cancer. There may be something to the non-responder issue. A friend of mine, (long time body builder), uses it pre-contest. He claims it helps lean him out.
    Yup I can eat like a pig on Ecdymorph and not gain a gram of fat.


  7. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    I haven't responded because there isn't much to respond to. Any compound in its pure form will have an MSDS which claims it can be harmful if inhaled or touched with skin. This is true for caffeine...vitamin c...everything. Ecdy can not and will not cause cancer.
    Currently being in my fourth college chemistry class, I have come to see that this is absolutely correct. Just about everything seems to be an "irritant" or "harmful if swallowed". Now when it's says toxic or corrosive, then I take further precautions! No need to hype up anything without any substantiated proof. Of course we are all concerned with our health, that's what we do and why we're on the boards, to maximize our results in the gym, increase our physical health, and to learn.

    We must also understand that ecdy was been around for years and people have been using various forms of it. Hell, we see studies on those that bypassed their hepatic system which acts to detoxify things we ingest and put it straight into their muscle cells (fibers) via IM injection. Basically what I'm saying is that we need to look at the whole picture, not just small selections of it. We try to put out the highest quality products that we can and don't sacrifice health for a quick sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    you apparently did not look at a caffeine MSDS as I told you to...

    http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/c0165.htm
    I've actually used this same site as a reference several times. Helpful resource.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  8. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    We try to put out the highest quality products that we can and don't sacrifice health for a quick sale.
    Health before vanity.....

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Antabolix View Post
    Actually I did, and I would gladly post up the links if I had enough posts to do it. It was obviously something different than you found however. I do appreciate you posting up the link though, because I can see what you mean now. It isnt so concerning when caffeine also includes those warnings. Since the national cancer institute "suspects" it may be a carcinogen, then it would have the potential to cause cancer, if it indeed was a carcinogen. I'd like to know what "suspect" means to them though. Oh well, this makes me feel alot better about taking the Ecdy I got the other day..after 2 days taking it, my muscles DO feel fuller. Still haven't gone to the gym yet, but I'm expecting a great pump.
    Suspect usually means it's non conclusive, so it's not scientifically proven. So lets just say there was a study that showed that eating large amounts of spinach have a effect on cancer cells.

    Because there is EDCY in spinach you could SUSPECT that could be the cause, based on knowledge about the other components of spinach, but that would be reason to conduct a specific test to find evidence.

    Since SOO many things can be potentially linked to cancer, almost regardless of how big a test group is, other effects can possible skew result, so a very focused study is required to produce any useful information.

  10. Interesting discussion. Anybody have any good logs with the stuff yet?

    Wondering about the iforce dosage vs other companies. Iforce is way more potent. But damn I think I've seen 300mg pills from other companies.

    Any comments?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ecdy
    By standon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 11:05 AM
  2. Did NP run out of ECDY before you could get any?
    By VaughnTrue in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 11:37 PM
  3. what ecdy product do you like best??
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 05:03 PM
  4. are these all ECDY the same?
    By davidcyt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 01:02 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Log in
Log in