Guess who just joined the ranks?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Just checked today's mail and look what just came in! :D

I will be competing for my first time this summer. I know Mike (critical bench) is once again getting ready for his competition and iForce Dave has competed several times. I've been in contest prep mode since January, trying to cut the BF nice and slow to help preserve as much mass as possible.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
awesome bro! I renewed mine.. I got an orange one to this year :D. I wish they could make the cards like credit card type.. but no biggie. The card means nothing nor does the placing in your first show. The only thing that matters is standing up on stage and hearing your name.. becuase so many people a year get ready for a show, and never make it to stage.

Stay focused, everything in your life will still be there when its over. i have to remind myself daily that burger king will not go out of business by may haha.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice. Congrats!
Awesome James!!!:party:
Thanks guys!

awesome bro! I renewed mine.. I got an orange one to this year :D. I wish they could make the cards like credit card type.. but no biggie. The card means nothing nor does the placing in your first show. The only thing that matters is standing up on stage and hearing your name.. becuase so many people a year get ready for a show, and never make it to stage.

Stay focused, everything in your life will still be there when its over. i have to remind myself daily that burger king will not go out of business by may haha.
lol, very true! I'm doing the best on my conditioning and diet that I ever have so far. I just need to keep it up. Yeah I thought it was going to be like an actual card and not the back of an envelope. No biggie though as long as I get in!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess you'll be starting a contest prep log soon?? That should be a problem for you as you've been in one online contest or another for the past 2 years- ha
As always LMK if there is anything I can do for you;):)
lol, I guess I can do that! I mean I already do that on bb.com with a workout log so might as well do it here. Yeah, I know what you mean, it seems like I'm always doing some kind of a log or contest or something! Helps to keep me motivated though. I'm actually in the ON/bb.com challenge AND the local Gold's gym challenge right now! :D

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
congrats!

now someone get vaughn to get his ass back on stage.............Mr. CT was a long time ago.....:rolleyes:

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys. Coming up with schemes now to try to get vt to join us!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
congrats!

now someone get vaughn to get his ass back on stage.............Mr. CT was a long time ago.....:rolleyes:
lmao, time to get in a NYC show!!!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Didn't hear about that one, but thats a good show!

Mike
well obviously he didnt do it haha, i just remember him talking about it at one point, cause he was trying to convince me and a buddy to make the trip to the show

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well obviously he didnt do it haha, i just remember him talking about it at one point, cause he was trying to convince me and a buddy to make the trip to the show
You have any desire to do any shows?

Mike

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You have any desire to do any shows?

Mike
did.............dont anymore

still wanna look good, dont get me wrong, but i know i could never go through the entire process...........at least not at this point in my life haha, injuries on top of many other things *i hate to pimp bb.com but my ankle/knee stories in my journal over there, i know you could find me to check out the pics and fun stuff ;)*

and i just generally wanna be in good shape..........and it sounds funny, but im taking my slow pitch softball very seriously. may be playing for a team that travels nationally for tournaments this summer, on top of my other 2 teams........believe it or not gotta have some skill for the sport haha

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
did.............dont anymore

still wanna look good, dont get me wrong, but i know i could never go through the entire process...........at least not at this point in my life haha, injuries on top of many other things *i hate to pimp bb.com but my ankle/knee stories in my journal over there, i know you could find me to check out the pics and fun stuff ;)*

and i just generally wanna be in good shape..........and it sounds funny, but im taking my slow pitch softball very seriously. may be playing for a team that travels nationally for tournaments this summer, on top of my other 2 teams........believe it or not gotta have some skill for the sport haha
Good stuff bro, bodybuilding is not for everyone and truly a waste of time if your not in it 100%. Your wise man, do what you love and if thats some ***gy ass softball stuff, so be it :D! haha jk

Mike

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, just finished my first show and it was a great experience! Details and more pics in my log.

I'm the one on the far right of the pic.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
Serious question here. Does the dark ass tan help show vascularity or something? Why wouldn't somebody just go out there with their normal complexion?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Serious question here. Does the dark ass tan help show vascularity or something? Why wouldn't somebody just go out there with their normal complexion?
It helps to show off detail. It enhances the look and shows definition. If your skin is pale like mine usually is, you wouldn't see near as much and the same guy next to you would look better. The stage lights are very bright and you don't look quite as dark. Hope that makes sense.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
That does make sense. Thanks for explanation. I bet you were dying to was that stuff off.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That does make sense. Thanks for explanation. I bet you were dying to was that stuff off.
Oh you bet I was! Couldn't wait to shower after the show. Had my wife scrub me down with a cloth and made the tub black. Gotta love hotels! :D The stuff is tacky and gets on everything. It's better when it dries completely but that takes several hours and sweating makes it run.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wtf, I thought your show was in the summer lol..

damn tho, congrats bro.. I'll have to search for some more pics! What brand of color did you use?

Mike

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wtf, I thought your show was in the summer lol..

damn tho, congrats bro.. I'll have to search for some more pics! What brand of color did you use?

Mike
lol, it was! :D With some encouragement from some friends and Andy telling me that I could do it, I decided to go for it and signed up for this bb'ing competition at the weigh in's the night before the show!:silly: I put my individual routine together the night before that on Thursday, so I'm definitely pleased with my results. I used Elite tanning. They were the sponsored tanning company for the show but I used then because Andy recommended them to me and they were very professional. I don't know anything about the colors, the guy took care of me and made sure I was happy with it before I left.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, it was! :D With some encouragement from some friends and Andy telling me that I could do it, I decided to go for it and signed up for this bb'ing competition at the weigh in's the night before the show!:silly: I put my individual routine together the night before that on Thursday, so I'm definitely pleased with my results. I used Elite tanning. They were the sponsored tanning company for the show but I used then because Andy recommended them to me and they were very professional. I don't know anything about the colors, the guy took care of me and made sure I was happy with it before I left.
damn, thats nuts to pull it all together that quick, especially for a first show! Elite tans is good, I used em last year although I felt there underlying color lasted 3+ weeks so I prefer jan tana which is completely off in 1-2. Elite does offer a very nice color though I must say.

Mike

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
damn, thats nuts to pull it all together that quick, especially for a first show! Elite tans is good, I used em last year although I felt there underlying color lasted 3+ weeks so I prefer jan tana which is completely off in 1-2. Elite does offer a very nice color though I must say.

Mike
I've heard of jan tana but never used them. I know what you mean about the color though, I'm still a shade of brown and it's splotchy on my hands now...kinda like liver spots! :D

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've heard of jan tana but never used them. I know what you mean about the color though, I'm still a shade of brown and it's splotchy on my hands now...kinda like liver spots! :D
It's going to take like 3 weeks lol.. go in a tanning bed, burn yourself and dry the hell outa your skin and then exfoliate. Thats what I did last year haha.

My first show, I went on vacation to Punta Cana 2 weeks after my show.. i looked like a discolored mutant, I got funny looks because my elbows were black, I was blotchy all over haha.

Mike

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's going to take like 3 weeks lol.. go in a tanning bed, burn yourself and dry the hell outa your skin and then exfoliate. Thats what I did last year haha.

My first show, I went on vacation to Punta Cana 2 weeks after my show.. i looked like a discolored mutant, I got funny looks because my elbows were black, I was blotchy all over haha.

Mike
hahaha, I bet! I'm getting those looks in school now. I've had a couple girls try to give me advice on a "better" tanning that doesn't make me look orange. I tried explaining that it did what I wanted it to do and now I just want it off but they don't understand that! I might have to try the tanning and exfoliating.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, just finished my first show and it was a great experience! Details and more pics in my log.

I'm the one on the far right of the pic.

CONGRATS!!! Sorry i missed this post.
You have made some GREAT progress this year. You should post up last year's OBF entry for comparison.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CONGRATS!!! Sorry i missed this post.
You have made some GREAT progress this year. You should post up last year's OBF entry for comparison.
Thanks em. The comparison's not a bad idea. It took alot of dedication to stay focused but I really think it's paying off.

I'm competing again in about ten weeks and another one about 5 weeks after that.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats all you can do! I forgot to cover up my toe nails last year.. they got painted. Wouldn't come off til the nail overgrew itself haha.. took a good 6-8 weeks.. basically all summer I looked like an idiot in flip flops :D