Reversatrol and cortocol steroid

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
ok, so I am double posting. Really need some feedback here, maybe a rep?

I just finished a Ha*oc cycle. I am doing PCT right now using primarily IForce Reversatrol (version 1). Was making better gains PCT then on cycle. Today I blew out a knee, but it loks like I didnt actually tear anything, just inflamation, swelling, glass feeling in knee, cant walk - but bye bye gains im sure. Anyway, the doc gave me Methylprednasone. I searched and didnt see how this will affect me, but I know I am actually trying to keep Cort low (normally).

Before anyone responds, no I didnt research this beforehand (who plans to f up their knee). Any feedback is appreciated. I am in week 1 of PCT and yes I have Nolv* onhand if I need it but was giving the OTC a try with a backup available. Great luck so far for those interested, but thats not what this post is about.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is something you are going to have to ask your prescribing physician. None of us can really comment on a subject that involves serious medical management via pharmacological therapies.

Just be careful with methylprednisone, I give it to a lot of my patients who come in with acute respiratory distress, really packs on fat quick. My sister had to take it for a serious allergic reaction and in 10 days gained a lot of fat. My neighbor took it when younger when we were kids for 30 days and gained a lot of fat as well. Actually, thats the reason I even started working out, he was my best friend and gained so much fat he was desperate to loose it so we started to work out together, prolly 11 years old haha.

Mike

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
This is something you are going to have to ask your prescribing physician. None of us can really comment on a subject that involves serious medical management via pharmacological therapies.

Just be careful with methylprednisone, I give it to a lot of my patients who come in with acute respiratory distress, really packs on fat quick. My sister had to take it for a serious allergic reaction and in 10 days gained a lot of fat. My neighbor took it when younger when we were kids for 30 days and gained a lot of fat as well. Actually, thats the reason I even started working out, he was my best friend and gained so much fat he was desperate to loose it so we started to work out together, prolly 11 years old haha.

Mike
Thanks for the reply. I have noticed some extra fat gain. Having already elevated cort in the system post cycle and taking this probably didn't help any. I only have a few days left so I suppose I will just finish. Reason for the scrip is I blew out my knee bad while doing leg extensions. I wont look at those the same way again. Im going to be off of any leg exercises for awhile, but I m still working the upper on anything I dont have to use legs to stabilize. I haven't used machines much for awhile but you use your legs and knees even for bench press so I guess I will be in the newbie area of the gym for a bit. Odd that I made my best gains and all in PCT. Also ended up injured in PCT.... sucks. The PT helping me isn't really helping or testing the joint much, so hopefully I recover quick.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
Well the upside is that it sounds like you really didn't "blow out" your knee as defined by many. Can't say much about Havoc but if you can get some Var and GHRP-6 from what it sounds like they could really speed up the healing process. I've had success in my knees with IGF-1 as well.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well the upside is that it sounds like you really didn't "blow out" your knee as defined by many. Can't say much about Havoc but if you can get some Var and GHRP-6 from what it sounds like they could really speed up the healing process. I've had success in my knees with IGF-1 as well.
Agreed, it seems like your in much better shape than blowing out your knee which would require surgery and months to heal.

'Mike

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
Found some resources here and it seems that this isn't really a script, but also isn't OTC... I found a few sites but I am always suspicious of overt sites touting stuff like this. Is there a good research "starting point" you could recommend on the topic. Going to research, but this is not something I was previously "up" on so a pointer in the right direction is appreciated.

I am now able to walk slowly on knee, but it will seemingly randomly fail. It also feels swollen internally even though the swelling outside has gone down. I can grab the counter and squat about 4 inches then the pain comes in behind kneecap and knee just buckles, so something still isn't right. I am thinking about finding a new PT guy - he just doesn't seem to be pushing me. If he understood what was wrong I would think he would be more easily able to replicate a situation that caused discomfort in the office to verify the condition if nothing else....

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Found some resources here and it seems that this isn't really a script, but also isn't OTC... I found a few sites but I am always suspicious of overt sites touting stuff like this. Is there a good research "starting point" you could recommend on the topic. Going to research, but this is not something I was previously "up" on so a pointer in the right direction is appreciated.

I am now able to walk slowly on knee, but it will seemingly randomly fail. It also feels swollen internally even though the swelling outside has gone down. I can grab the counter and squat about 4 inches then the pain comes in behind kneecap and knee just buckles, so something still isn't right. I am thinking about finding a new PT guy - he just doesn't seem to be pushing me. If he understood what was wrong I would think he would be more easily able to replicate a situation that caused discomfort in the office to verify the condition if nothing else....
I agree, a second opinion could be a wise decision. It sounds as if something structural is damaged, and may need to be repaired, not physical therapy. In any regards, I wish you the best of luck and please keep us updated!

Mike

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
Got MRI back. I aparently just really stretched something bad. I have chronic tendonosis. Doc said I have the knee of an old man. I always knew running bugged the **** outof me, but I thought it was just because I hate cardio. Not going to stop squats, but he said no leg exercises at all for 2 weeks, then start light. I will start out with that, but I plan to go back to normal as soon as I can. I know most MD's shun the squats while I think they are the best thing out there. I am waling on it now with no issues unless I try to tackle steps. Time will tell but I am going stir crazy in the house (doc said stay off leg for 1 week from work - makes sense with my job)

Anyone else with bad knees have any good suggestions? He talked like my caretedge was very much worn down. My mom had to have double knee replacement, maybe its hereditary.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Got MRI back. I aparently just really stretched something bad. I have chronic tendonosis. Doc said I have the knee of an old man. I always knew running bugged the **** outof me, but I thought it was just because I hate cardio. Not going to stop squats, but he said no leg exercises at all for 2 weeks, then start light. I will start out with that, but I plan to go back to normal as soon as I can. I know most MD's shun the squats while I think they are the best thing out there. I am waling on it now with no issues unless I try to tackle steps. Time will tell but I am going stir crazy in the house (doc said stay off leg for 1 week from work - makes sense with my job)

Anyone else with bad knees have any good suggestions? He talked like my caretedge was very much worn down. My mom had to have double knee replacement, maybe its hereditary.
From years and years of abuse on your joints, it is going to wear down. When he said start light, please listen. Do not rush back into things, just can make the whole situation a lot worse. Freshman year of high school I broke my ankle, took 1 operation to fix and 8 weeks to recover. Doc told me to take it slow back to playing. I didn't listen, went balls out at the first practice, and then at the first game back. Broke it even worse that game after it was all healed, took 2 more operations and 16 months on crutches the second time around!!!!

Be careful!

Mike

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
Just an update then i'll let thread die - unless there are other posts. My knee was well anough today to do a light 5 min run and som bar/135/555 squats in good form. Did bother it slightly but not much. The healing has been miraculous. Although the xcact injury is likely as the doc said, I am thinking that the issues were a coumpundeed issue of running a very dry PH like Havoc without something added in for joints. That was a missed opprotunity and I will say that LAST time I did this I very have an issue. Lesson to those going forward, and myself: just because it didnt neg affect you vefore doesnt mean it wont next time. Do it right even if you think there is something out there that doesnt affect you personally.

Glad to be back in the gym...

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just an update then i'll let thread die - unless there are other posts. My knee was well anough today to do a light 5 min run and som bar/135/555 squats in good form. Did bother it slightly but not much. The healing has been miraculous. Although the xcact injury is likely as the doc said, I am thinking that the issues were a coumpundeed issue of running a very dry PH like Havoc without something added in for joints. That was a missed opprotunity and I will say that LAST time I did this I very have an issue. Lesson to those going forward, and myself: just because it didnt neg affect you vefore doesnt mean it wont next time. Do it right even if you think there is something out there that doesnt affect you personally.

Glad to be back in the gym...
I guess I am the lucky one, because nothing seems to effect my joints even when on very dry hormones, diuretics, and letro, my joints always feel great! Thats nuts!