Get your Metabolism into OVERDRIVE, learn the science behind 3,3 and 3,5!

iForce Dave

iForce Dave

Awards
  • Established
Adipoxil and TT-33 both contain the UMAD complex. This consists of 2 metabolites 3,3' diiodo L Thryonine and 3,5 diiodo L Thyronine. People are always looking for indirect ways to increase their metabolism through stimulants. This is a bad idea for a number of reasons... it burns out your CNS, increases cortisol, and increases muscle catabolism. Why not increase your BMR the way nature intended? The UMAD complex actually directly increases the presence of thyroid hormones that your body uses to fuel fat loss. Lets take a look at what these compounds are and how they influence BMR and also the expression of Uncoupling Proteins.

3,3' Diiodo L Thyronine and 3,5 Diiodo L Thyronine are two specific metabolites of T2. Both directly increase the presence of circulating thyroid hormones by activating activate the AMPK-ACC-malonyl-CoA metabolic signaling pathway which directs lipid partitioning toward oxidation and it also increases the importing of fatty acids into the mitochondrion.

Here is a great breakdown of these ingredients in laymans terms:

“T-2 increases resting metabolic rate by stimulating mitochondria expenditure of energy from calories. T-2 also increases Adenylate Cyclase production. Adenylate Cyclase is like a master enzyme in our bodies that positively effects most other fat burning and muscle building enzymes and hormones. As example, adenylate Cyclase elevation results in an increased rate of production of cyclic AMP (cAMP) from ATP. This forces fat cells to give their stores to be used as fuel for energy production. The result is an increase in fatty acid (fat) oxidation and a protein sparing effect because fat becomes favored muscle cell food.”

Another little known fact about 3,5 that you should find interesting; 3,5 increases T4 5'DI and 5'DII activity which will increase the production of the active T3!

“Local deiodination of L-thyroxine (T4) to the active thyroid hormone T3 via two 5'deiodinase isoenzymes (5'DI and 5'DII) plays an important role for various T3-dependent functions of the anterior pituitary (AP). Recently, it was reported that 3,5-T2 stimulates Type 1 5'Deiodinase Activity in Rat Anterior Pituitaries in Vivo and in Reaggregate Cultures and GH3 Cells in Vitro

Here are images of both of these compounds so you can see their structural differences:

3,3'

Also, by increasing mitochondrial lipid oxidation, the body releases uncoupling proteins (UCP).
There are 3 different uncoupling proteins to look at in this case:

UCP-1 is only expressed in Brown Adipose Tissue through the synergistic action of norepinephrine (NE) and thyroid hormones in animals and increases the bodies preference for burning stored fat for fuel.

UCP-2 is found in many tissues and protects cells function from damage caused by reactive oxygen species (ROS) from burning the fat

UCP-3 is found mostly in skeletal muscle and Brown Adipose Tissue, this would export fatty acids ouside the mitochondrial matrix for combustion in tissues where fat is the main fuel.

OK, so what does that mean?
Picture a Fat Cell as an envelope. When unused nutrients are stored as fat, they enter the envelope (fat cell) and it is sealed shut until the energy is needed. The UMAD complex is designed to increase BMR, and also increase UCP's. These actions raise the bodies calorie burning potential, giving the envelope the "need" to open because it needs energy. Then the UCP's break the seal of the envelope (they enter the mitochondria, the cells power supply) and bring the stored fat out to be used as fuel for your BMR.

So what does all of this mean for those of us who are trying to shed bodyfat and protect lean muscle mass? Well we have shown that using these compounds your body will dramatically increase the oxidation of fatty acids. And not only will it do that, but it will preferentially shift any muscle catabolism that may have occured, while at the same time increasing protein synthesis! That means you are promoting fat loss and muscle growth at the same time!

The combination of 3,3' and 3,5 is important. Because not only does it allow us to get more active metabolites circulating, but we also hit fat loss at 2 different angles. Most formulas contain only ONE or the other, but not both. 3,5 has been shown to increase t3 metabolization, and is dosed accordingly so that there is no effect on TSH levels. 3,3' gives the same benefits at a higher dose and dramatically increases BMR and muscle protein synthesis.

References:
3,5-Diiodo-L-Thyronine Stimulates Type 1 5'Deiodinase Activity in Rat Anterior Pituitaries in Vivo and in Reaggregate Cultures and GH3 Cells in Vitro -- Baur et al. 138 (8): 3242 -- Endocrinology
Mechanism of molecular recognition. Structural aspects of 3,3'-diiodo-L-thyronine binding to human serum transthyretin. — JBC
3,5-Di-iodo-L-thyronine suppresses TSH in rats in ... [J Endocrinol. 1995] - PubMed result
Read the above abstract for 3,5 TSH information
T-2 (L-diiodothyronine or 3, 5-diiodo-L-thyronine) - Bodybuilding & fitness
3,5-Diiodo-L-thyronine rapidly enhances mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation rate and thermogenesis in rat skeletal muscle: AMP-activated protein kinase involvement -- Lombardi et al. 296 (3): E497 -- AJP - Endocrinology and Metabolism

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I was taking it and consistently and monitoring my progress for the OBF, I was able to see how much it helped. It gave me that extra fat burning boost that I needed. With Adipoxil I got plenty of energy to do my early morning cardio...two things that I hate, mornings and running! :D

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My girl just started her second course of this, I have her at 2 caps ED, 1AM 1PM, may bump her up to 3 caps/day in the 3rd of 8 weeks. She loved it the first time, but now her diet is much better and training is much more consistent!