Is DTP safe to take with JP8?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. Quick question here about the stack mentioned in the title. I've noticed in the past that supplements containing tyrosine (JP8) always instruct not to take within 3-4 hours of any products containing yohimbe (DTP), b/c this could cause an unsafe rise in blood pressure among other things.

I took this write-up for another forum I was reading while doing a search.
MAO metabolizes serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine. By inhibiting
this, MAOi's increase levels of those neurotransmitters. Under normal circumstances, the enzyme MAO (monoamine oxidase) inactivates tyramine, preventing the release of excess norepinephrine. In the presence of MAO inhibitors, tyramine is activated, causing norepinephrine to be released from nerve endings (good for fatloss, bad for blood pressure). Hypertensive reactions and other side effects may occur due to excess release of norepinephrine. Tyramine is an amino acid synthesized in the body from the essential amino acid tyrosine that has a sympathomimetic action.

Tyramine is normally metabolized by MAOi in the gut. After using a MAOi (Yohimbine is a mild MAOi) any dietary Tyramine will not be metabolized and will cause an increase in tyramine levels in the blood. Blood pressure can go up to 180+ over something, heartbeat can go to well over 100 bpm, and people who suffer one of these typically report getting the most painful headache of their lives. Sometimes a Ca-blocker like nifedipine is prescribed for the user of the MAOi to take to combat this effect, should it occur.

The above article talks about Tyramine, not Tyrosine. But I hear it's pretty much the same principle. Doesn't sound like a good thing. I see people taking JP8 and DTHC/DTP Pre-workout. This should be advised against correct? Of course adverse reactions won't happen with everyone. Chuck, Trip, or ANYONE have any input on this?

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. Quick question here about the stack mentioned in the title. I've noticed in the past that supplements containing tyrosine (JP8) always instruct not to take within 3-4 hours of any products containing yohimbe (DTP), b/c this could cause an unsafe rise in blood pressure among other things.

I took this write-up for another forum I was reading while doing a search.
MAO metabolizes serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine. By inhibiting
this, MAOi's increase levels of those neurotransmitters. Under normal circumstances, the enzyme MAO (monoamine oxidase) inactivates tyramine, preventing the release of excess norepinephrine. In the presence of MAO inhibitors, tyramine is activated, causing norepinephrine to be released from nerve endings (good for fatloss, bad for blood pressure). Hypertensive reactions and other side effects may occur due to excess release of norepinephrine. Tyramine is an amino acid synthesized in the body from the essential amino acid tyrosine that has a sympathomimetic action.

Tyramine is normally metabolized by MAOi in the gut. After using a MAOi (Yohimbine is a mild MAOi) any dietary Tyramine will not be metabolized and will cause an increase in tyramine levels in the blood. Blood pressure can go up to 180+ over something, heartbeat can go to well over 100 bpm, and people who suffer one of these typically report getting the most painful headache of their lives. Sometimes a Ca-blocker like nifedipine is prescribed for the user of the MAOi to take to combat this effect, should it occur.

The above article talks about Tyramine, not Tyrosine. But I hear it's pretty much the same principle. Doesn't sound like a good thing. I see people taking JP8 and DTHC/DTP Pre-workout. This should be advised against correct? Of course adverse reactions won't happen with everyone. Chuck, Trip, or ANYONE have any input on this?
You are ok, I take JP8 and DTP pre-workout every workout. What you need to do however is reduce your effective JP8 dosage because DTP amplifies the results of any stimulant product. Like for instance when I dont use DTP preworkout I take about 1.5 scoops JP8, with DTP I take 3 DTP and 3/4 scoops JP8. DTP will supercharge any preworkout product.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
also tyramine sensitivity is mostly seen when you ingest tyramine. Most tyrosine converts to Dopamine or phenylalanine but you still have to be careful when using yohimbe containing products with tyrosine, just not for its conversion to tyramine.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the response here Chuck! I'll back down the JP8 dose then. Thanks for clearing that up.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
What Chuck said. DTPC and DTHC both let me use less JP8. Very synergistic combo there.