Dangerous colorings in three king stack! (?)

norway

Awards
I just bougth 2 full three king stack att fefifo, and I´m very happy with my purchase there (ordering to sweden)

Today I found many diffent sources saying that all the major coloring agents to the stack is linked to cancer and other dangers. The colorings are also banned in many countries. DTH has Red #3 (Erythrosine) coating, DT2010 has Yellow #6 (Sunset Yellow) and Sunami has Blue #1 (Brilliant Blue) coating.

You cand find plenty of information on Wikipedia (not enough posts to post URLs!)

I just tried to wash tho colors of the tablets, and it was scary to see how thick and strong the colors where, and also how they straind and colord my hands! (after reading the above links..) Also this will be alot of work to do everyday!!

I know GTD has a restictive attitude to artificial agents (JP8 has almost none) so why paint your tablets in possibly dangerous colorings?

Personaly I will chose another product over these because of the colorings, even though they might deliver the desired results.

Suggestin: start making uncolored tablets!!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kudos on reading labels. Seeing as how you're the first person to bring up this concern, I'd guess most people dont. I'll let Chuck answer the "why", although I'd guess it's for aesthetics. A good link to read about them is http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/colorfac.html
Q. What is the status of FD&C Red No.3?

A. In 1990, FDA discontinued the provisional listing of all lake forms of FD&C Red No.3 and its dye form used in external drugs and cosmetics. The uses were terminated because one study of the color additive in male rats showed an association with thyroid tumors. In announcing the decision, FDA that any human risk posed by FD&C Red No.3 was extremely small and was based less on safety concerns than the legal mandate of the Delaney Clause. FD&C Red No.3 remains permanently listed for use in food and ingested drugs, although FDA has announced its intent to propose rescinding those listings.
I'm all for the uncoloured tabs; I know the last version of DTH was just brown, but it's not my decision :)

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I just bougth 2 full three king stack att fefifo, and I´m very happy with my purchase there (ordering to sweden)

Today I found many diffent sources saying that all the major coloring agents to the stack is linked to cancer and other dangers. The colorings are also banned in many countries. DTH has Red #3 (Erythrosine) coating, DT2010 has Yellow #6 (Sunset Yellow) and Sunami has Blue #1 (Brilliant Blue) coating.

You cand find plenty of information on Wikipedia (not enough posts to post URLs!)

I just tried to wash tho colors of the tablets, and it was scary to see how thick and strong the colors where, and also how they straind and colord my hands! (after reading the above links..) Also this will be alot of work to do everyday!!

I know GTD has a restictive attitude to artificial agents (JP8 has almost none) so why paint your tablets in possibly dangerous colorings?

Personaly I will chose another product over these because of the colorings, even though they might deliver the desired results.

Suggestin: start making uncolored tablets!!
I understand your concern, but everything you eat that is processed and purchased in the store with any color to it 99% of the time has FD&C colors in it. Cake, pastries, drinks, etc.,. Every sports drink sold has FD&C colors for the most part. The GET DIESEL products that are colored has a very small amount of coloring that is added to the enteric coating, thats why you have a problem taking it off the tablet, but its a water based color which is why it will come off easy on your fingers. If you are someone who never eats anything from any restaurant or grocery store and you grow your own food and grains then you might need to not use any product with any color to it. Everything we use is FDA approved, and some website says everything may cause cancer.

Do you ever eat any food items from any store that has color to it? Are you this concerned with products that contain artificial sweeteners? I do appreciate your concern, but every time someone has to do a thread like this they are talking about GET DIESEL this, not all the artificial colors and sweeteners in all these sports drinks and food items.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Kudos on reading labels. Seeing as how you're the first person to bring up this concern, I'd guess most people dont. I'll let Chuck answer the "why", although I'd guess it's for aesthetics. A good link to read about them is http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/colorfac.html

I'm all for the uncoloured tabs; I know the last version of DTH was just brown, but it's not my decision :)
Do you drink protein powder with any color to it?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you drink protein powder with any color to it?
I pick my poisons ;) I avoid aspartame, minimize sucralose & dyes if possible. I try and reduce any artificial stuff, but I'm not so deadset on it that I will 100% avoid them, it's just not feasible in the market. I downed the nice Yellow DT2010 tabs, and just thought ;damn it works! I'll be trying those red pills sometime soon, probably in my upcoming PCT. I was thinking about DTP, but I don't think the ATD will agree with me.

norway

Awards
Thanks for the response to my post!

I defeneatly agree that this problem(as I see it) conserns not only Get Disel! The reason I brought it up here is beacouse I just found out about these colors after purchasing 2, 3king stacks. There are very many supplements containing these colorings( Xtend, NO Xplode and many more) but I live in both sweden and norway and there are all these colorings forbidden beacouse of health risks. Even though there are very many products containing these colorings I don´t see this as a argument to bring even more colorings to the consumers, for me it´s a oposite argument!
I supose in the US where "everybody" uses these colors it won´t be a negative thing if people are ok with these colors.

Personally I don´t consume any products that I know has risky colorings. I do shop in normal grocery stores, and for me it´s very easy to find "colorless" foods. Not all colorings are the same, and the protein and aminos I buy here contains none of these "risky" colorings.
Yes, some websites do say everythig cases cancer, but for me it would not be wise to totaly ignore ALL information speaking about cancer risks with specific products. That makes no sense to me.

Yeah, I will defeneatly make a post about this in the general forum, concerning all brands! Not all, but I do think many in the training comunity are conserned about their long term health. This is why I belive there is a demand for more products free of artificial stuff. It is a very good sals argument! (cocacola and more has resently started to use this in their tv comercials here in sweden- "contains no artificial agents/colorings")

I will defeneatly finish my bottels of the stacks since they seems to work wery well! A few days in I already feel more drive in the gym and in general. Thanks!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the response to my post!

I defeneatly agree that this problem(as I see it) conserns not only Get Disel! The reason I brought it up here is beacouse I just found out about these colors after purchasing 2, 3king stacks. There are very many supplements containing these colorings( Xtend, NO Xplode and many more) but I live in both sweden and norway and there are all these colorings forbidden beacouse of health risks. Even though there are very many products containing these colorings I don´t see this as a argument to bring even more colorings to the consumers, for me it´s a oposite argument!
I supose in the US where "everybody" uses these colors it won´t be a negative thing if people are ok with these colors.

Personally I don´t consume any products that I know has risky colorings. I do shop in normal grocery stores, and for me it´s very easy to find "colorless" foods. Not all colorings are the same, and the protein and aminos I buy here contains none of these "risky" colorings.
Yes, some websites do say everythig cases cancer, but for me it would not be wise to totaly ignore ALL information speaking about cancer risks with specific products. That makes no sense to me.

Yeah, I will defeneatly make a post about this in the general forum, concerning all brands! Not all, but I do think many in the training comunity are conserned about their long term health. This is why I belive there is a demand for more products free of artificial stuff. It is a very good sals argument! (cocacola and more has resently started to use this in their tv comercials here in sweden- "contains no artificial agents/colorings")

I will defeneatly finish my bottels of the stacks since they seems to work wery well! A few days in I already feel more drive in the gym and in general. Thanks!
Well NOS ETHER (when its back out) wont contain any artificial colors, flavors or sweaters.

Do they use artificial sweeteners over there? Do they sell soda and gator aid over there?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
What ISNT going to give us cancer.

Your naturally homegrown garden and naturally fed livestock and thats if your water and ground isnt contaminated.

We can run be we cant hide.

Thank goodness I dont live in Cali..........Everything causes cancer out there.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
What ISNT going to give us cancer.

Your naturally homegrown garden and naturally feed livestock and thats if your water and ground isnt contaminated.

We can run be we cant hide.

Thank goodness I dont live in Cali..........Everything causes cancer out there.
car exhaust and CFC's suppose to give everyone cancer also, but no one is walking around outside with a gas mask for that reason.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
car exhaust and CFC's suppose to give everyone cancer also, but no one is walking around outside with a gas mask for that reason.
apart from people in japan :lick:

But yeah i wouldn't worry about a bit of colouring on some pills. Theres much worse things out there in our foods.

and don't forget EVERYTHING gives you cancer now adays lol :)

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well if someone is worried about alittle artificial coating on the pills, then pop the cap open and take the stuff inside out and roll it in a thin layer of paper and digest. Solves the taste issues also ;)

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
Well if someone is worried about alittle artificial coating on the pills, then pop the cap open and take the stuff inside out and roll it in a thin layer of paper and digest. Solves the taste issues also ;)
The Get Diesel stuff i've used is in tab form, not pill....

the colouring tends to be on the enteric coating as stated above, so what you have written isn't a viable option. I've not used all the line though so not sure if some are in pill form....

natas9

natas9

Awards
I find it interesting that you're willing to modulate your hormones with a large and unknown quantity of herbs and extracts each creating their own nuanced outcomes within the body... yet you're concerned about food colorings.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I find it interesting that you're willing to modulate your hormones with a large and unknown quantity of herbs and extracts each creating their own nuanced outcomes within the body... yet you're concerned about food colorings.
some people associate "presentation" with bad things esp with pills. For instance if DTH pills were black coated no one would probably take them. My thing is aspartame and car exhaust, and 2nd hand smoke will give u cancer faster than FD&C colors on a tablet. People dont understand how much artificial coloring is in the food they eat and things they drink. But anyway, Im not making an excuse, its just I didnt think we needed a thread on the color of GET DIESEL tabs.