Best place for training info

jart45

jart45

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys how is everyone? Hopefully everyone is healthy and training hard!
Where is the place to find/get training info? Everything contradicts everything I read lol. My gym is definitely no help, it is owned by a guy who won something long time ago and everything is old school. The only thing that matters is heavy heavy heavy and bulk.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Gotta figure out your goals first, then you'll be able to figure out your training needs/wants. Obviously, that's not heavy heavy heavy and bulk,hehe. Good luck!!

jart45

jart45

Awards
  • Established
Here are my thoughts

My goal is just to be as lean and strong as possible emphasis on lean. So I know diet and cardio are paramount. My thoughts of a routine is this:
Option A-
Day 1 Chest,Shoulders,&Tris; Day 2 Legs; Off; Day 3 Back,Bis; Day 4 Legs

Option B-
Day 1 Chest & Back; Day 2 Legs; Off; Day 3 Shoulders & Arms; Day 4 Legs

Currently I am doing this-
Day 1 Chest & bis; Day 2 Legs; Off; Day 3 Shoulders & Tris; Day 4 Back & Calves. I feel like this is too much upper body, especially shoulders.

The theory I read with option A & B is more symetry because less pounding the shoulders letting everything else catch up, and more calorie burning through training legs more often. Also more calorie burning by using more compound movements in these two options. My wife will be following this routine with me.
So what you think guys? Which option is the best to get us lean and more symetrical? Again I understand diet and cardio are paramount but for weight training which is more condusive to our goals?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
you'll have to decide on a personal note if your legs can recover that fast (mine can't). i like option A, as its most similar to what i'm doing, though make sure for back/bi's you throw in a rear delt exercise.

staying lean is definitely cardio and diet related though. for cardio, i would do some form of HIIT, and doing your workouts as supersets, with very short breaks. for example
chest/shoulders/tri's
bench press
military press
(30 second break), repeat first two exercises. when desired sets have been reached, 1 minute break, then start next superset. that's what i did when i was at my leanest at least. if you're training for strength though, this isn't the best setup. a better strength setup would be following the 5x5 program, and doing cardio on your off days.

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm doing your option A, except Im training eod and not doing legs twice a week like your routine. I was training 2 on 1 off but I wasnt getting the recovery I needed. Training eod has been working great.