Noob DCP Questions

Birdie87

Awards
Hi There

I used to bodybuild a a few years back and got pretty big. I could loose that last few % of fat though and I think that's what ended up demotivating me. I'm now determined to loose body fat before I go back to the gym. I put muscle on pretty easily and loose it pretty easily as soon as I stop my diet/workout regime.

I've noticed that around stressful times I put on weight no matter how strict I am or how much exercise I get. DCP sounded pretty perfect for me at the moment. Won't have time to join a gym but I am intending to do what I can at home.

1) I've just quit smoking and have gone on to nicotine replacement therapy. I read somewhere to avoid cortisol lowering supplements and things that effect DHEA levels. Smoking influences levels of both within the body. I was going to just ignore that advice as it sounds like bul***it but I thought I would just double check here anyway.

2) Is it suitable for a low carb diet? I normally eat fairly low carb with a cheat day... or two during the week. I also eat things like beans and lentil. Other days it's purely low carb ketogenic, depends on how much spare time I have. I'm sure it will still work on a low carb diet but what's the optimal type of diet to have when using it?

3) Is weight training necessary for it to be fully effective? I plan on doing some workouts within my house i.e. situps, pressups, pull-ups etc. I also do a fair bit of walking sometimes and go jogging for twenty fifteen minutes a couple of times a week.

If I need to put more effort in to get significant results please let me know. Going to give this a try so that, if it's good, I can stock up on a big batch before they sack it off.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help you can give me.

Thanks,

Dave

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
low carb is fine, weight training would be a great addition to your weight loss goals but not necessary

Birdie87

Awards
Thanks man.

Don't normally take supplements heavily but researching the ingredients it looks like it there might be some health benefits as well. Think I'l just keep it going as I have been already.

Would it be worth taking more on cheat days for damage limitation do you think?

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey, Dave... Let me separate things out for you here...

1) I've just quit smoking and have gone on to nicotine replacement therapy. I read somewhere to avoid cortisol lowering supplements and things that effect DHEA levels. Smoking influences levels of both within the body. I was going to just ignore that advice as it sounds like bul***it but I thought I would just double check here anyway.
If nothing else, your cortisol levels will be sky high after you've quit... you're constantly on edge, moody, etc. And that's just from the psychological component of smoking. You won't have to worry about DCP affecting your DHEA levels. In all actuality, there are ingredients in DCP that might help you more than hinder you... immuno- and neuro-protectant aspects that may subtly help you through the quitting period.

2) Is it suitable for a low carb diet? I normally eat fairly low carb with a cheat day... or two during the week. I also eat things like beans and lentil. Other days it's purely low carb ketogenic, depends on how much spare time I have. I'm sure it will still work on a low carb diet but what's the optimal type of diet to have when using it?
It's suitable for any kind of diet, really, and there is no one optimal diet you're required to adhere to while using it. It's not as strict as other types of fat loss supplements. But you'd want to take some time and find the diet that works best for you and your goal.

3) Is weight training necessary for it to be fully effective? I plan on doing some workouts within my house i.e. situps, pressups, pull-ups etc. I also do a fair bit of walking sometimes and go jogging for twenty fifteen minutes a couple of times a week.
There was a study published once citing the primary ingredient's (TTA) effectiveness in helping sedentary individuals keep fat from accumulating. HOWEVER, that should be the exception to the rule in approaching this... you should absolutely adhere to some type of training and diet regimen in order to optimize success.

Even if you're working out in your house, develop a plan and stick to it.

If I need to put more effort in to get significant results please let me know. Going to give this a try so that, if it's good, I can stock up on a big batch before they sack it off.
As said above, Dave, focus more on your training and diet and let DCP help you reach your goal; if you expect it to do all the work, you're going to be disappointed.

Birdie87

Awards
Thanks for the informative and reassuring response man.

I don't know whether it's placebo or not but I'm already feeling some benefits from it five days on.

I'm going to focus on being quite strict with diet and getting consistent and moderate exercise. A short jog most days, I do a lot of walking and pressups/situps etc.

I'm also using apha-lipoic acid a lot with any higher calorie meal that I eat. Hopefully these two will work well together. If this DCP works well I'm going to stock-pile.

When more is known about it, if it all looks safe, I'm going to massively stock-pile. I have read a small few people mentioning concerns they have with it.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the informative and reassuring response man.

I don't know whether it's placebo or not but I'm already feeling some benefits from it five days on.

I'm going to focus on being quite strict with diet and getting consistent and moderate exercise. A short jog most days, I do a lot of walking and pressups/situps etc.

I'm also using apha-lipoic acid a lot with any higher calorie meal that I eat. Hopefully these two will work well together. If this DCP works well I'm going to stock-pile.

When more is known about it, if it all looks safe, I'm going to massively stock-pile. I have read a small few people mentioning concerns they have with it.
You will notice some effects early on, and though they're slight, it's not a placebo.

You're fine using ALA with it as well, and better something like that, which is proven and effective, than employing some kitchen-sink fat burner that does nothing more than over-stimulate you and suppress your appetite.

Hope it all goes well for you, and if you'd like any of us to address any concerns you might have or might read, feel free to get in touch.