Just a SSV2 review.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
...More like praise for this outstanding product and I owe Smitty all the thanks ( I'm blessed with good friends and I owe you Mike ). First off I just want to say I've been holding off on a review just due to the fact that I've been busy as well as how I'm gonna compile this review because initially I wasn't impressed with the new and improved SS for the main reason that the old Slin Sane was like a friend and comrade that gave me comfort, comfort when I shoveled down godless amounts of carbs, junk food and so forth...it was literally my savior at times and I don't like change. My point of view changed about 2 weeks ago when I was struck with a bad sinus infection, I was still lifting and runnning on all gears despite my appetite being shot and my energy levels lagging at times, the sinus/virus went on for about 3 days but SSV2 greatly diminished the effects from it and I'm thinking that the combo of Na-r-ala and the hefty dose of Jiaogulan where the benefactors for this. The other great thing about SSV2 is the fact that it does what the old SS does if not better which is shovel down hefty amounts of carbs without gaining fat, the novel thing which I looked at was the fact that the Na-r-ala provided a slow response while the combo of Banaba/biotin provided that quick spike which is pretty cool especially when you are downing 3 Oktoberfest size beers in a 2 hour timeframe ( you get pretty goddamn vascular as well ) the other novel thing is SSV2 helps fight hangovers and is a burrito lovers best friend.

From the aspect in how SSV2 works in the gym or any physical activity it works the same as the old one, I would recommend a carb intake of 40-60 grams 90-60 minutes before w/o. I find different carb sources worked differently, if used a carb drink ( like a Karbolic rtd or an carb force from abb ) I got a slight bloat and held a little bit of water, if I used a carb source like rice ( especially Sushi rice ) I got more of a dry appeal and not so much water weight, FYI for my body type I tend to do better for energy with complex carbs. The best thing about SSV2 verse the old one is I get a damn good strength increase and I have pretty much busted through all my plateaus, SS didn't provide this. I don't recommend taking SSV2 post workout for the simple fact that your insulin receptors will be primed post w/o if you incorporated SSV2 pre. I did try a fasted workout on SSV2 and It wasn't enjoyable ( slight shakes and a bad headache ). Another thing that is noted is that SSV2 helped me out with the symptoms of overtraining, mostly a sense of malaise and slight depression which has been something I've been battling for quite awhile. This product is a Staple.

Please feel free to add in to this and if anyone has any questions PM me.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
It was my pleasure and it was the least I could do.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice review

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
great review! I went down to South Florida for a few days for a small vacation, took ssv2 with me. I pigged out, drank, and enjoyed the beaches all guilt free.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice detailed review. Reps.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sweet review, Ryan, thank you! More so for even taking the time to write this up knowing you didn't have to, and being honest, which is all we ever expect from our testers.

The biggest concern we had was convincing our old SS fans that the new was much improved... Seems we've swayed you. :D

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Sweet review, Ryan, thank you! More so for even taking the time to write this up knowing you didn't have to, and being honest, which is all we ever expect from our testers.

The biggest concern we had was convincing our old SS fans that the new was much improved... Seems we've swayed you. :D
Mike, after all your help I felt obligated, Genomyx knocked it out of the park with this one, it has become a must have staple.

BTW for everyone that has experimented with various carb sources, i.e. Karbolic, WM, Karbolyn, Dextrose, oatmeal, rice, bread etc. please add in to the thread on how you felt and the effects ( aesthetically and physically ) I want a compile an overall list of the best sources to utilize with SSV2.

1kerry

Awards
ok , so it is heaven to take this supp when been a bad boy, but what it does when someone is with a good diet, no alcohol, good rest, good training, etc??

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
ok , so it is heaven to take this supp when been a bad boy, but what it does when someone is with a good diet, no alcohol, good rest, good training, etc??
Just to run with what you just replied let's clear somethings up, per request the intent of running/testing SSV2 was to test various carb sources at different grams as well as experimenting in different protocols i.e. fasted, before bed, before cheat, junk food meals etc. etc. I dosed SSv2 at 2 caps a day and once in awhile 3, 2 was the sweet spot for me. My diet was and is generally clean and my training was and continues to be outstanding, my sleep is as usual which is about 7-8 hours of sleep ( 21:00/22:00 - 05:00/06:00 ) and also and I'm sure you read it might help with the symptoms of overtraining. I don't consume alcohol on a regular basis except for the occasion that I mentioned, it was with a good friend. I didn't put down my diet for the simple fact that I don't keep track of what I eat and I never, the usual intake of the run o' the mill foods like Omega 3 eggs, Grassfed Beef, nuts, fruits, vegs etc. and other various carb sources like rice, oatmeal I used Karbolic. Many Chipotle Burrito's where consumed as well ( my friend's sister works for corporate so I get the hookup )

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Nice review Ryan. I think you covered it quite well. I will add that SSV2 seems to be very versatile and good in a lot of different situations. It is definitely going to be staple in my supp arsenal in the future.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Detailed review.
Something I've been looking to give a try to as well.