Breaking Benches ~ Genomyx Sponsored Athlete Jay Knobler...

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
[h=6]Please welcome our latest sponsored athlete, powerlifter Jason Knobler!

Co-owner of Iron Horse Strength & Fitness in New Hartford, CT, Genomyx is proud to be right there as Jay journeys toward an 800lb. bench in the 242lb. weight class, which would place him among the best in the world.

Jay will be promoting Genomyx at area meets, through Iron Horse, and through some exclusive Q/A from time to time.
[/h]
[video=youtube;qIw2yYJFrmM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIw2yYJFrmM[/video]

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Hey Jason. In here for some in depth advise.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey Jason. In here for some in depth advise.
Jay isn't on the boards... But I'd be happy to put you in touch with him. Shoot me a PM with your email.

I'll tell you, though, that if you're looking for bench advice, he's going to need video of your current form.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Mike could he also critique my oly lifts? I am mostly concerned with 1 and 2 armed barbell snatches.

Also please include in this thread any pics/records from your meets. I love watching 700+benches :)

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Mike could he also critique my oly lifts? I am mostly concerned with 1 and 2 armed barbell snatches.

Also please include in this thread any pics/records from your meets. I love watching 700+benches :)
Same. On both accounts.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Same. On both accounts.
I'll ask him tonight as I'm going down to train, but my presumption is no, as we don't perform Oly movements even as accessory work... When it comes to bench/squat/DL, though, he knows his sh't. :D

Pics/vids forthcoming... He was hitting up a 725 to a 3-board on Sunday and I was filming, but we only had 3 other guys, so he felt more comfortable aborting before descent. And I don't blame him.

He's also competing in October (for the first time in almost 2 years) at a RPS meet in Attelboro, MA.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to some epic videos and pictures. Post the October date, it would be worth the (4 hour) trip to check it out!

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Post the October date, it would be worth the (4 hour) trip to check it out!
It's the RPS Power Challenge at Boston Barbell in Attleboro, MA, October 20/21... Should be a great meet. Not only will Jay be returning to the platform, but we'll also have at least 2-3 team members competing as well (including yours truly :D).

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
That's my birthday :)

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's my birthday :)
Cool, man... Well, if you should happen to make the trip up, I'll be sure to stash a little birthday present in my bag for you (Genomyx-related, not rape-related).

We'll always be in our Genomyx tees at competitions, so we're easy to spot...

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
At 6'1" 240, you'd be pretty hard to miss. LOL, no worries. I'll let you know for certain what goes down!