Abliderate Advanced rash?!

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I've been using AA once a day for about 3 weeks and I just started to develope what looks like a rash where I've been applying. It's little bumps all over where I've been applying. I follow the directions exactly and apply after dried from a shower. Any ideas on what to do? I'm ejoying AA aside from this new developement so any advice would be very appreciated! Thanks!

southsideguy

southsideguy

Awards
  • Established
So I've been using AA once a day for about 3 weeks and I just started to develope what looks like a rash where I've been applying. It's little bumps all over where I've been applying. I follow the directions exactly and apply after dried from a shower. Any ideas on what to do? I'm ejoying AA aside from this new developement so any advice what be very appreciated! Thanks!
Hmmm, might be. I tell you what; Just send it to me; I'll take it off your hands.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hrm...I certainly can't give any help as it hasn't done that to me after a few weeks of us. Neither the original or AA. Maybe Dsade or someone else can chime in and help out!

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hrm...I certainly can't give any help as it hasn't done that to me after a few weeks of us. Neither the original or AA. Maybe Dsade or someone else can chime in and help out!
Yeah, it's the only supplement I'm taking and I haven't changed my diet or anything so I'm pretty sure it's the AA. Although I haven't heard about rashes in other posts so I hope a Rep chimes in too!

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Yeah, it's the only supplement I'm taking and I haven't changed my diet or anything so I'm pretty sure it's the AA. Although I haven't heard about rashes in other posts so I hope a Rep chimes in too!
Haven't heard anything on rashes from AA, you are the first. But it does contain alcohol so it dries your skin I suggest laying off of it for a few days and see what happens. I'll hit up smitty so he can help out a bit more

Parsnip

Awards
Haven't heard anything on rashes from AA, you are the first. But it does contain alcohol so it dries your skin I suggest laying off of it for a few days and see what happens. I'll hit up smitty so he can help out a bit more
I saw some stuff about rashes and AA after a few weeks usage on the Genomyx forum (mr.cooper I think had the problem last year), and it was indeed put down to the benzyl alcohol content and drying out. Might I suggest taking a break and lots of moisturiser, jojoba or any other quality moisturiser you might have. Exfoliate away too.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I did indeed suffer from the rash, and I highly recommend you stop use. I kept using it for a few days and it spread all across my body. I then stopped for a week and started again and all was well the rest of the way.

Parsnip

Awards
I did indeed suffer from the rash, and I highly recommend you stop use. I kept using it for a few days and it spread all across my body. I then stopped for a week and started again and all was well the rest of the way.
Thanks for the confirmation :)

Parsnip

Awards
Thanks for the confirmation :)

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I see. Well I stopped a couple days ago and it seems to be slowly going away. It's unfortunate because I was going to use it right up to my vacation that's next week and I feel it was working. Maybe I'll try it agian once it's totally cleared up. Thanks for the info!

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Wow, at least now I know I'm not seeing things! It did seem to be getting worse so I stopped a couplde days ago and it looks like it's slowly going away. Awesome to hear that you were able to start up again and had no more issues with the rest of the run. Btw, did u use moisturizer at any point to help with the rash? Thanks so much for your input! Very appreciated.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Wow, at least now I know I'm not seeing things! It did seem to be getting worse so I stopped a couplde days ago and it looks like it's slowly going away. Awesome to hear that you were able to start up again and had no more issues with the rest of the run. Btw, did u use moisturizer at any point to help with the rash? Thanks so much for your input! Very appreciated.
Yep, I added moisturizer asap. It really does start spreading everywhere (even where you barely applied it) so it's a good thing you DCed use.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm glad Coop could share his experience... You're one of a handful that has experienced this dry skin/dermatitis, and he offered the best advice: cease use, and apply moisturizer/aloe to the inflamed area.

Once it subsides, you'll be able to continue on.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I have been using AA For about 3 weeks and have not noticed anything similar.

Ideas I'm just throwing out...
Dryness as discussed by mr Cooper
Chance of negative reaction to one of the ingredients (alcohol or other)
Interaction with other skin care products you may be using
Over exfoliation combined with the dryness from alcohol.

Also clean clothes covering the area. If the area is well exfoliates and dry it could make the area more sensitive.

Sorry I have not had a similar experience, but threw out possible brain storm ideas in attempt to help.

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have been using AA For about 3 weeks and have not noticed anything similar.

Ideas I'm just throwing out...
Dryness as discussed by mr Cooper
Chance of negative reaction to one of the ingredients (alcohol or other)
Interaction with other skin care products you may be using
Over exfoliation combined with the dryness from alcohol.

Also clean clothes covering the area. If the area is well exfoliates and dry it could make the area more sensitive.

Sorry I have not had a similar experience, but threw out possible brain storm ideas in attempt to help.
Thanks for the help! I can honestly say that Genomyx stands by their customers. To go along with Coop's, Smitty's, and your suggestions I do believe where the problem lies with me is a mix of over exfoliation and dryness from the AA. Before I stopped it did look worse at times when I would exfoliate compared to when I didn't have time and just showered as usual. I think the combo of exfoliation/dryness just finally caught up with my skin. As I mentioned, I did stop a couple days ago and have not been exfoliating. It is slowly getting better. I think I will start to moisterize as Coop suggested to hopefully speed up the process. Just a speed bump, live and learn. I do believe it's a good product and can see a difference in vat so I can't wait to start again. Thanks again for the info/help, you guys rock!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Exfoliation does not have to be so aggressive you remove a layer of skin. After everyday that can be a bit much. The carrier will allow the ingredients to pass the skin barrier. Exfoliating absolutely helps but I don't every day. Usually a loofa and shower gel. Just make sure to rise the applied areas well so there is no soap residue left behind!

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm glad Coop could share his experience... You're one of a handful that has experienced this dry skin/dermatitis, and he offered the best advice: cease use, and apply moisturizer/aloe to the inflamed area.

Once it subsides, you'll be able to continue on.
So it's died down a bit since I've stopped using the AA and started to apply lots of moisturizer. Very happy it's going away but I was really enjoying it before the rash and wondered if there are any other places I could apply and still get the effects? My abdomen, sides, and lower back are obviously out. Please let me know. Thanks!

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So it's died down a bit since I've stopped using the AA and started to apply lots of moisturizer. Very happy it's going away but I was really enjoying it before the rash and wondered if there are any other places I could apply and still get the effects? My abdomen, sides, and lower back are obviously out. Please let me know. Thanks!
Unfortunately, that's the place it's best applied due to cortisol receptors in that area... You could apply moisturizer or aloe halfway through the day to keep the area from drying out. As Coop mentioned in his log and above, after the break he resumed application and all was right with the world. :D

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately, that's the place it's best applied due to cortisol receptors in that area... You could apply moisturizer or aloe halfway through the day to keep the area from drying out. As Coop mentioned in his log and above, after the break he resumed application and all was right with the world. :D
Yeah, that's what I figured about the application area. Oh well. I'm applying moisturizer thoughout the day so how could I time it with the AA so it doesn't interfere? I would hate for the two to ineract or have the moisturizer bring down the absorbability of the AA. I was going to do as Coop mentioned but my will power is only so strong! Haha. Thanks for the help.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that's what I figured about the application area. Oh well. I'm applying moisturizer thoughout the day so how could I time it with the AA so it doesn't interfere? I would hate for the two to ineract or have the moisturizer bring down the absorbability of the AA. I was going to do as Coop mentioned but my will power is only so strong! Haha. Thanks for the help.
Apply AA in the morning as you had been, and then apply some moisturizer when you get home from work or around dinner time... Put a little bit more (moisturizer) on before bed and you should be fine.

cybercrombie

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Apply AA in the morning as you had been, and then apply some moisturizer when you get home from work or around dinner time... Put a little bit more (moisturizer) on before bed and you should be fine.
Excellent, I'll give it a try. Thanks!