Carb sources and Slin Sane - AnabolicMinds.com

Carb sources and Slin Sane

1. New Member

Carb sources and Slin Sane

Hello,

I would like to try Slin Sane, but I wonder if it matters which carb sources I use. During the week, I follow a pretty low carb diet, but on Saturday and Sunday I load up on carbs, i.e., I still eat one low carb meal, but I eat carbs for breakfast and in the evening (bread, one serving of ice cream, and sometimes some fruit). Also, what do you think about taking Phase 2 (white kidney beans extract), R-lipoic acid and cinnamon bark extract with Slin Sane?

Thanks.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

John... Sorry for the delayed reply, we were rockin' the Arnold this weekend.

During the week, how low is low? For your carb up, though, I would sayone capsule before your evening dinner would be fine, but not before breakfast as your improved insulin sensitivity carried over from the week will handle everything.

I would not use a white kidney bean product... It's a carb "blocker", which actually defeats the purpose of using Slin-Sane. R-ALA and cinnamon are both fine, but consider Na-R-ALA; that sodium bond makes all the difference.
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
    During the week, how low is low?
    Pretty low. I am not trying to lose weight. I just feel better on a low-carb diet, have been on it for years. I do not count carbs, so I cannot give you an exact number, but during the week, I only get carbs from veggies.

R-ALA and cinnamon are both fine, but consider Na-R-ALA; that sodium bond makes all the difference.
    What brand would you recommend? I have used Doctor's Best, Best Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid and Jarrow Formulas, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, with Biotin. I believe both use Na-R-ALA. For the latter, the bottle says: R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (from 125 mg Sodium R-alpha Lipoate [Bio-Enhanced Na-RALA]). For the former, the label says: R-Lipoic acid (from 143 mg Sodium R-alpha Lipoate (BioEnhanced Na-RALA). Thanks.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    Pretty low. I am not trying to lose weight. I just feel better on a low-carb diet, have been on it for years. I do not count carbs, so I cannot give you an exact number, but during the week, I only get carbs from veggies.

What brand would you recommend? I have used Doctor's Best, Best Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid and Jarrow Formulas, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, with Biotin. I believe both use Na-R-ALA. For the latter, the bottle says: R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (from 125 mg Sodium R-alpha Lipoate [Bio-Enhanced Na-RALA]). For the former, the label says: R-Lipoic acid (from 143 mg Sodium R-alpha Lipoate (BioEnhanced Na-RALA). Thanks.
    Then you would really want to reserve the SS for your cheat/carb up day... Using it during the week wouldn't really award tgoo many benefits because your serum glucose is already fairly depleted. And while any food will result in an insulin response, SS won't do much.

Doctor's Best and Jarrow are phenomenal companies (and both use GeroNova Na-R-ALA), so either will work, but no need to go overboard on the dosage as you would if using it as a GDA, but aminos are also transported via sodium (simply stated), so it will be of use in that capacity.
    Mike ~ R/D
  5. New Member

Doctor's Best and Jarrow are phenomenal companies (and both use GeroNova Na-R-ALA), so either will work, but no need to go overboard on the dosage as you would if using it as a GDA, but aminos are also transported via sodium (simply stated), so it will be of use in that capacity.
    I also would like to try DCP. What can I expect from it? Does it make sense to stack DCP with Slin Sane? Also, as I have already mentioned, I am not overweight and I am not trying to lose weight. I bulking now, but I would like to minimize the fat gain as much as possible. So I wonder if DCP can help with that? What do you think?
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.

I also would like to try DCP. What can I expect from it? Does it make sense to stack DCP with Slin Sane? Also, as I have already mentioned, I am not overweight and I am not trying to lose weight. I bulking now, but I would like to minimize the fat gain as much as possible. So I wonder if DCP can help with that? What do you think?
    I think, with your dietary situation, that DCP would be of more benefit than SS... As said, SS could only really be used during your re-feeds, but DCP could be used throughout.
    Mike ~ R/D
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

For your purpose you could try 1 cap pre bed to help increase your natural GH output during sleep. I have never done this with out eating carbs in the am but I have seen others who
    Love this protocol.

Still use 1 cap on your highest carb meal on refeed days.
  8. New Member

I think, with your dietary situation, that DCP would be of more benefit than SS... As said, SS could only really be used during your re-feeds, but DCP could be used throughout.
    What do people feel on DCP? It is a non-stim. fat burner, right? How would you recommend taking it?
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.

What do people feel on DCP? It is a non-stim. fat burner, right? How would you recommend taking it?
    Correct, it's a stim-free burner. Nothing to really feel, per say, unless you're extremely stim sensitive then you may experience a slight sympathomimetic effect of the raspberry ketones as they impact norepinephrine release. Most notice nothing in that respect, though.

Visibly, however, you may notice some water retention during the run, but that dissipates within 7-10 days after cessation and you're often left with a noticeably leaner physique.

There are a couple of ways to take it... You can dose it 2/2/2 before meals or, if you have a couple of bottles, 2/2/2/1 with that last tablet ingested before bed.
    Mike ~ R/D
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Agreed with this here.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. slin sane
    By ambulldog in forum Genomyx
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 06:32 PM
  2. Slin Sane and R-ALA
    By WittyName in forum Genomyx
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 04:45 PM
  3. Quick question on Slin-Sane dosing on low carb