Ask Francisco Anything...

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We're going to host a little Q/A with Genomyx athlete and WNBF Natural Pro Francisco Montealegre... If you have a question or questions, ask away and it just very well make the final cut in what will be the first of many interviews with our athletes...

And considering that just one of his thighs have a greater circumference than my waist (and I'm a weighty dude), I'd say he knows a thing or two...

[video=youtube;82RXEl4zaEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82RXEl4zaEs[/video]

And yes, folks, that flight shirt is making a comeback...

fmoncas

fmoncas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We're going to host a little Q/A with Genomyx athlete and WNBF Natural Pro Francisco Montealegre... If you have a question or questions, ask away and it just very well make the final cut in what will be the first of many interviews with our athletes...

And considering that just one of his thighs have a greater circumference than my waist (and I'm a weighty dude), I'd say he knows a thing or two...

LOL! legs are just an optical illusion smitty ;)

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Oh sick thread

How many times a week do you perform HIIT training? Did you notice an increase muscle mass from HIIT training as well? There are lots of studies demonstrating its ability to produce an anabolic environment but its generally thought of more as a fat loss tool. With your experience in training where would you place HIIT training in relevance to your total progress?

Of course that all assumes you do HIIT training lol but if you do it would be nice to see your answers to all those. :D

fmoncas

fmoncas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh sick thread

How many times a week do you perform HIIT training? Did you notice an increase muscle mass from HIIT training as well? There are lots of studies demonstrating its ability to produce an anabolic environment but its generally thought of more as a fat loss tool. With your experience in training where would you place HIIT training in relevance to your total progress?

Of course that all assumes you do HIIT training lol but if you do it would be nice to see your answers to all those. :D
HIIT

-Increases the resting metabolic rate (RMR) for the following 24 hours due to excess post-exercise oxygen consumption...so i use it to get lean (2-3 times per week when dieting and 1-2 when trying to gain muscle. I also use it offseason to help w calorie partitioning...in simple words i can eat more without gaining too much fat

-Increases my Cardiovascular Capacity... while posing I can hold my poses for longer periods of time without moving....while training i can get a few more reps because my heart and lungs can keep working and pumping oxigen/blood to the muscles for longer periods of time...this = to strenght gains.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
How do you feel about Olympic lifts? Do you do any sort of Olympic lifting in your routine?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
HIIT

-Increases the resting metabolic rate (RMR) for the following 24 hours due to excess post-exercise oxygen consumption...so i use it to get lean (2-3 times per week when dieting and 1-2 when trying to gain muscle. I also use it offseason to help w calorie partitioning...in simple words i can eat more without gaining too much fat

-Increases my Cardiovascular Capacity... while posing I can hold my poses for longer periods of time without moving....while training i can get a few more reps because my heart and lungs can keep working and pumping oxigen/blood to the muscles for longer periods of time...this = to strenght gains.
Excellent, any types of HIIT you really enjoy? So far I've been doing just two sprinting sessions a week but this week I'm going to try some on a rowing machine at my gym, I don't want to burn my legs out in this deficit. Protocol can only do so much for my recovery but its certainly helping :D

fmoncas

fmoncas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How do you feel about Olympic lifts? Do you do any sort of Olympic lifting in your routine?
sorry for the late reply bro...i have been busy ;(....as far as your question...i dont really do olympic lifts., the closest to olympic lifts that i do are my deadliftss and squats ;)

fmoncas

fmoncas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
this is a list of thing that i have done:

1. Elliptical = intervals (1minute each) 45 secs normal speep + 15 secs all out

2. Uphill Sprints

3. Jump rope ( 1-2 mins has fast as i can) + kettleball swings (recovery)

4. Sled push - as long as i can push the damn thing + walking to recover

a have a few more but i will post them later ;)...need to go to bed

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
Francisco, which of the 2 is better to loose body fat, HIIT or cardio first thing in the morning?

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In regards to your hiit or cardio type training:

Is this done after lifting or in a separate session? How often do you usually train in a week?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established

Is this done after lifting or in a separate session? How often do you usually train in a week?
I'm sure he'll answer later but I've added a HIIT session at the end of each leg day(Tuesday/Friday) and my strength is actually still climbing while I'm leaning out all the time. I generally hit legs by 12 at the latest and then HIIT+Abs around 5-7pm, at first I burned out from it but now I don't mind the volume.

Prepare to walk like C-3PO the first time you do it lol

fmoncas

fmoncas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Francisco, which of the 2 is better to loose body fat, HIIT or cardio first thing in the morning?
In this sport there is no black or white. Both methods are good. Hiit burns more carbs than fat during exercise but it elevates your RMR for the next 24 hrs..so you end up burning more cals/hr post exe...on the other hand slow intensity cardio burns fat cals during exercise. Hope this helps

fmoncas

fmoncas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I try to do HIIT on non training days but i have done it after my workouts with no problems. I train everyday if i can ;)...if im not lifting im doing hitt or any other type or cardio,

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When trying to cut what are some changes you start to make? For instance what supplement changes and diet type changes do you make? Or do you just increase the calorie deficit from training?

fmoncas

fmoncas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When trying to cut what are some changes you start to make? For instance what supplement changes and diet type changes do you make? Or do you just increase the calorie deficit from training?
GeoForce,

As far as diet is concerned, I start by eating only clean foods..no more cheat meals, for me this means no more going to restaurants on the wkends ;( I keep my protein intake high (aprox 1.5lb per bodyweight) my fats around 0.35. As far as carbs i keep them as the are...so if im eating 350g of carbs/day (high days) and or 250g on low days for example i keep eating the same amount. because just by stop the cheat meals i normally start to lose weight right away.

As far as training...i dont change anything...i just keep training as hard as i can

Finally...as far as cardio, i introduce cardio 2 or 3 times/week

Supplements stay the same.