Gut Health Question

  1. Registered User
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,272
    Answers
    0

    Gut Health Question


    Trying out my first bottle of Gut Health

    With or without food??

    In the AM or PM??

    Or does it not matter either way?

    I would rather just take it with breakfast with all my other pills to keep things simple. Thanks!

  2. Registered User
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Trying out my first bottle of Gut Health

    With or without food??

    In the AM or PM??

    Or does it not matter either way?

    I would rather just take it with breakfast with all my other pills to keep things simple. Thanks!
    With or with out food is fine either way. I like to split my dose the first 5 days and after that I take it with my first meal. Remember to take it, but don't over think it.
  3. Registered User
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,272
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    With or with out food is fine either way. I like to split my dose the first 5 days and after that I take it with my first meal. Remember to take it, but don't over think it.
    appreciated thanks
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

    appreciated thanks
    I like it a lot. Gonna try out the need2build muscle one soon. A bit more probiotics. Different blend.
    Gut health definitely helped me digest my whey protein. Still have digestion issues though. But my problems run deep.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  5. Registered User
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,272
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I like it a lot. Gonna try out the need2build muscle one soon. A bit more probiotics. Different blend.
    Gut health definitely helped me digest my whey protein. Still have digestion issues though. But my problems run deep.
    Knowing you... why not take BOTH!? lol
  6. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

    Knowing you... why not take BOTH!? lol
    I'm going to run gut health at double for a month then run the **** one after.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  7. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Ajerone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    313
    Answers
    0


    I like to dose mine alongside caffeine, on an empty stomach, seems to intensify the response (might be placebo, haven't seen any scientific evidence, but seems to be a common user experience, via increased nutrient uptake...)
  8. Registered User
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,272
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Ajerone View Post
    I like to dose mine alongside caffeine, on an empty stomach, seems to intensify the response (might be placebo, haven't seen any scientific evidence, but seems to be a common user experience, via increased nutrient uptake...)
    How would caffeine help intensify the response? The bacteria just colonize the gut and that is what leads to the health benefits? right?
  9. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    How would caffeine help intensify the response? The bacteria just colonize the gut and that is what leads to the health benefits? right?
    Im not 100% sure but it could be something to do with the rate the caffeine is absorbed?

    Also, a clean gut clears out toxins and estrogens faster
    RecoverBro ELITE
  10. Registered User
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,272
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Im not 100% sure but it could be something to do with the rate the caffeine is absorbed?

    Also, a clean gut clears out toxins and estrogens faster
    Oh did he mean intensifies the response to the caffeine? I thought he meant intensifies the response to Gut Health..
  11. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Oh did he mean intensifies the response to the caffeine? I thought he meant intensifies the response to Gut Health..
    Oh lol. The only thing that might increase the effectiveness of gut health is a non acidic stomach environment and some glutamine.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  12. Registered User
    TMCCLUNG's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    159
    Answers
    0


    Has anyone pulled apart a cap and mixed it with something. I'm trying to get my mom to take them but she can't do caps. Would mixing it with something reduce the effectiveness and does it taste bad.
  13. Registered User
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TMCCLUNG View Post
    Has anyone pulled apart a cap and mixed it with something. I'm trying to get my mom to take them but she can't do caps. Would mixing it with something reduce the effectiveness and does it taste bad.
    I have never tried this to know about the taste. I don't believe it would effect potency at all though. I'll try it later tonight and report the taste back.
  14. Official Genomyx Wizard
    Board Sponsor
    itzDodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    687
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TMCCLUNG View Post
    Has anyone pulled apart a cap and mixed it with something. I'm trying to get my mom to take them but she can't do caps. Would mixing it with something reduce the effectiveness and does it taste bad.
    You could do this but it will have some taste, keep in mind she won't be able to taste sugars as well for a bit either due to the gymnemic acid. It blocks sites where glucose can attach, good way to test a product

  15. Registered User
    TMCCLUNG's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    159
    Answers
    0


    I tried it today with mine. I could not taste the powder at all. I mixed it with my BCAA's.
  16. Registered User
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TMCCLUNG View Post
    I tried it today with mine. I could not taste the powder at all. I mixed it with my BCAA's.
    I emptied the cap on my Tongue and it was fine. No real taste at all... I was prepared for a yellow gold taste and was really happy there wasn't.
  17. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    I emptied the cap on my Tongue and it was fine. No real taste at all... I was prepared for a yellow gold taste and was really happy there wasn't.
    Man... if gut health tasted like YG... man... just man.. I hated having caps pop, or when parachutes went wrong...
    RecoverBro ELITE
  18. Registered User
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Man... if gut health tasted like YG... man... just man.. I hated having caps pop, or when parachutes went wrong...
    Broken AP caps would make the rest of the bottle miserable!

    First time I put it on my tongue. It made a ball and stuck to my mouth and I couldn't swallow it. Yea im still talking about yellow gold...
  19. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by TMCCLUNG View Post
    Has anyone pulled apart a cap and mixed it with something. I'm trying to get my mom to take them but she can't do caps. Would mixing it with something reduce the effectiveness and does it taste bad.
    It will reduce the effectiveness. Gut Health uses Entericap technology (capsules designed to pass through the acidic environment of the stomach intact.) While some bacteria will still, statistically, make it through some will die from the acidic exposure.
  20. Registered User
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    It will reduce the effectiveness. Gut Health uses Entericap technology (capsules designed to pass through the acidic environment of the stomach intact.) While some bacteria will still, statistically, make it through some will die from the acidic exposure.
    I was unsure about this. Thank you for clearing this up!
  21. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,306
    Answers
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    Broken AP caps would make the rest of the bottle miserable!

    First time I put it on my tongue. It made a ball and stuck to my mouth and I couldn't swallow it. Yea im still talking about yellow gold...
    So you had balls in your mouth and had a hard time swallowing?
  22. Registered User
    TMCCLUNG's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    159
    Answers
    0


    Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
  23. Registered User
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    So you had balls in your mouth and had a hard time swallowing?
    That's why I was trying to be clear it was a ball of yellow gold.

    Nasty tasting balls...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. health question
    By tshaw024 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 09:22 AM
  2. health question
    By tshaw024 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 06:59 AM
  3. PP/SD Health Question
    By Buddikaman in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in