The “SCOOP” On Post-Workout Nutrition - AnabolicMinds.com

The “SCOOP” On Post-Workout Nutrition

Stats
    5'7"  145 lbs.

The “SCOOP” On Post-Workout Nutrition

Name:  hi3.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  46.2 KB

During the holiday season I have noticed many more “infrequent” gym users suddenly flooding the cardio equipment and weight room to kick off their resolution aspirations. I applaud the enthusiasm to those who fall into this category for their commitment to revamp their body and mind via gym however, I believe many are missing the point… The nutritional component. Just as highly regarded exercise is, YOUR decisions DIRECTLY AFTER your workout are just as imperative.

It is a fact that refueling and replenishing the muscles and glycogen stores after a workout is crucial for ANY athlete or fitness oriented individual looking to maximize gains and prepare for the next workout… However, post-workout nutrition is also one of the most overlooked components to eliciting this progression. If your muscles are not receiving the correct macro-nutrients, in the correct amounts, at the correct time, alongside of proper supplementation you are losing out on improvements in strength, performance and in aesthetic adaptations.
    For any given component of physique enhancement, there seems to be a universally accepted check-list for post-workout betterment:

1. To begin the recovery process
    2. To support muscle growth
    3. To support our hormones and metabolism after a hard training session

This can be achieved by two simple proceedings: Nutrition and supplementation. For me, the post workout meal is all about speed. And when it comes to speed, simple/high glycemic carbs digest faster than complex/lower glycemic carbs, meaning foods like white potatoes or white rice are good choices for a carb source after a workout. In addition to carbs, a fast-digesting protein source is equally important. Since whey protein is the fastest digesting form of protein there is, it has enduringly become my go-to. I personally do NOT incorporate a fat source into my post-workout meal because of one of its basic biological characteristics; it slows down digestion. In this case, the fat source would be slowing down the digestion of protein and carbs which is the opposite affect of the principal I'm pressing.

Just as nutrition is mandatory for growth, so is correct supplementation. Before my post-workout meal is consumed, I immediately look to Protocol to create a perfect anabolic environment. To those unfamiliar of the term anabolic, it essentially means “to build.” Containing leucine, beta alanine, carnatine and agmatine sulfate, Protocol is my ideal builder. L-leucine is an amino acid obtained through the hydrolysis of protein by pancreatic enzymes during digestion; It aids the body's production of energy. Carnitine is a protein that is essential to the metabolisation of fat. The benefits if agmatine sulfate include enhanced muscle pumps, better nutrient partitioning (more calories are shuttled towards muscle tissue and less are stored as fat), and increased production of luteinizing hormone and growth hormone. In combination, this product alone promotes healing of injured tissues, speeds up recovery and protects against muscle tissue breakdown (catabolism) during my most vigorous and depleted phase of precontest training sessions.

Having a fiery passion to hit the gym hard is vital to meet your fitness goals but having an educated post-workout plan will take your aspirations to the next level... ARE YOU READY TO STEP UP?

Genomyx’s - KATELYN ASELTINE

Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Not a doubt I took protocol for 4 months in a row,no DOMS that i can remember,hope is on sale this new years to stock up on it!!

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by raulob72 View Post
    Not a doubt I took protocol for 4 months in a row,no DOMS that i can remember,hope is on sale this new years to stock up on it!!
    We'll have a new batch coming out soon.
    •   

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    We'll have a new batch coming out soon.
    I can't wait, protocol will be my go to product for helping me in the recomp coming up...as well as HEAT and some other goodies. I really liked the mood altering effects and obviously the ability to kill DOMS....but protocol really shines for me when I'm doing cardio or sprints.
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I do love Protocol great ingredients for sure, has been a staple for me that i rotate with just regular BCAA's.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. AnabolicMinds Board Educator.
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice informative write up.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. Post workout Nutrition?
    By xpin2winx in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 08:49 PM
  2. post workout nutrition
    By keater824 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 05:51 PM
  3. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 05:21 AM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 09:10 PM