1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  145 lbs.
    Answers

Motivation to Creation

Name:  000000000.jpg
Views: 1393
Size:  133.2 KB

Today I was stopped during my work out by a fellow gym rat and asked, “How do you stay motivated?”. In the bustle between my 175lb stiff leg dead lift super set combination 40lb kettle ball swings (hehehe, eat your heart out), I drew a blank. I found myself puzzled by the thought of someone asking me “WHY” or “HOW” do I follow this routine day in and day out. Sometimes when you fall into a regiment (work, diet or training related) you forget the true PURPOSE behind your initial convictions. I told him that I stay motivated by the simple fact that I REALIZED my passion. When you find what ignites YOUR soul and drives YOUR spirit, your mind and body accept the challenges set before you. Each goal defines the purpose inside - You can more easily identify that objectives are not fate; they are direction. They are not commands; they are commitments. They do not determine the future; they are MEANS to mobilize the resources and energies of the business for the making of the future. Awakening with the heart & initiative of meeting these objectives each and every day is the motivation...

WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?

-Genomyx's KATELYN ASELTINE

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Answers

One my outta shape friends asked same I drew a blank. I had just gained 15 pounds n I was telling him all that was involved in diet n such n he asked so what do you get of that n why do you do it, all I could say was its just what I do. But I do it Cuz when your good at something n accomplish something it makes you feel good. Many other reason to I just thought I would relate for now.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  145 lbs.
    Answers

Absolutely. It actually caught me entirely off guard this afternoon! I became wrapped up in the idea of "motivation" and what it is that INSPIRES us, individually, to dig deep within our minds to reach the affirmation of "YES, I CAN." It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect it's successful outcome
    •   

4. Official Genomyx Wizard
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Background ^^^

5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Answers

Yea I think people face the motivation problem once they really start getting to that higher level n there semi content with there physic n mentally you can get burnt out from constant diet n training.
    n start to ask yourself why do I do this. I love bodybuilding but it is good to put things in perspective some times. Ask ourselves why am I doing this. It the juice worth the squeeze?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  145 lbs.
    Answers

I couldn't have said it better myself. Perspective plays such a huge role in bodybuilding... If we can reach down and connect to the root of our aspirations, I believe we can answer that question more effectively... My insatiable will to better myself is a hunger that won't soon be sufficed, rawrrr

Name:  318474_217279558339375_158234624243869_528610_2137513889_n.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  19.3 KB
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

When I was a kid I always dressed up like comic characters. This is my "adult way" to be like a super hero. Haha

Serious though once you get started it becomes an addiction. It's a life style. It's just the way I live.
  8. Senior Member
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'1"  245 lbs.
    Answers

methinks that shenanigans are afoot in here.
    HYBRID Performance Nutrition
    Mike ~ R/D
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  145 lbs.
    Answers

If it is all the same to you, I STILL dress up as comic book characters. Bwaha, how's that for shenanigans? (cough, nerd alert, cough cough)

I am glad "lifestyle" was brought up. It almost seems as though, to the untrained eye, the responsibilities of a competitor are burdensome when in fact, they are actually ENJOYABLE. When you love what you do the repetition and monotony vanish... Each day brings the chance to BETTER yourself. From the time you rise to the time you hit the sheets, can you honestly say "YES. I made a definitive mark towards my goal."? How do you define yourself at the end of each day? Develop a mindset that says TODAY is an opportunity. If we can change how we perceive things with our MINDS the task of changing our BODIES becomes a lot less complicated...

Genomyx's - KATELYN ASELTINE
  10. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    When I was a kid I always dressed up like comic characters. This is my "adult way" to be like a super hero. Haha

Serious though once you get started it becomes an addiction. It's a life style. It's just the way I live.
    Name:  nerds-ogre.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  12.2 KB

NERDS!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Preworkout creation
    By diezel in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 12:37 PM
  2. BP Control creation
    By fightercowboy in forum Supplements