dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PPARα agonists up-regulate organic cation transporters in rat liver cells
Sebastian Luci, Stefanie Geissler, Bettina König, Alexander Koch, Gabriele I. Stangl, Frank Hirche, Klaus Eder http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006291X06021541#cor1[SUP], [/SUP][SUP][/SUP]

Purchase

Institute of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Emil-Abderhalden-Strasse 26, D-06108 Halle (Saale), Germany

Received 15 September 2006; Available online 27 September 2006.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]It has been shown that clofibrate treatment increases the carnitine concentration in the liver of rats. However, the molecular mechanism is still unknown. In this study, we observed for the first time that treatment of rats with the peroxisome proliferator activated receptor (PPAR)-α agonist clofibrate increases hepatic mRNA concentrations of organic cation transporters (OCTNs)-1 and -2 which act as transporters of carnitine into the cell. In rat hepatoma (Fao) cells, treatment with WY-14,643 also increased the mRNA concentration of OCTN-2. mRNA concentrations of enzymes involved in carnitine biosynthesis were not altered by treatment with the PPARα agonists in livers of rats and in Fao cells. We conclude that PPARα agonists increase carnitine concentrations in livers of rats and cells by an increased uptake of carnitine into the cell but not by an increased carnitine biosynthesis.

Keywords: Carnitine; Peroxisome proliferator activated receptor α; Rat; Organic cation transporter

PPARα Agonists Reduce 11β-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1 in the Liver
Anne Hermanowski-Vosatka[SUP]a[/SUP][SUP], [/SUP][SUP]1[/SUP], David Gerhold[SUP]b[/SUP], Steven S. Mundt[SUP]a[/SUP], Vilert A. Loving[SUP]a[/SUP], Meiqing Lu[SUP]b[/SUP], Yuli Chen[SUP]c[/SUP], Alex Elbrecht[SUP]c[/SUP], Margaret Wu[SUP]c[/SUP], Thomas Doebber[SUP]c[/SUP], Linda Kelly[SUP]c[/SUP], Denise Milot[SUP]a[/SUP], Qiu Guo[SUP]a[/SUP], Pei-Ran Wang[SUP]a[/SUP], Marc Ippolito[SUP]a[/SUP], Yu-Sheng Chao[SUP]a[/SUP], Samuel D. Wright[SUP]a[/SUP], Rolf Thieringer[SUP]a[/SUP]

Purchase

[SUP]a[/SUP]Department of Atherosclerosis and Endocrinology, Merck Research Laboratories, 126 East Lincoln Avenue, Rahway, New Jersey

[SUP]c[/SUP]Department of Molecular Endocrinology, Merck Research Laboratories, 126 East Lincoln Avenue, Rahway, New Jersey

[SUP]b[/SUP]Department of Genomic Pharmacology, Merck Research Laboratories, 126 East Lincoln Avenue, Rahway, New Jersey

Received 8 November 2000; Available online 27 March 2002.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (11βHSD1) is an enzyme that converts cortisone to the active glucocorticoid, cortisol. Cortisol–cortisone interconversion plays a key role in the regulation of glucose metabolism, since mice deficient in 11βHSD1 are resistant to diet-induced hyperglycemia. Peroxisome proliferator activator receptors (PPAR) are key regulators of glucose and lipid homeostasis. We observed a striking downregulation of murine hepatic 11βHSD1 expression and activity after chronic treatment of wild-type mice with PPARα agonists, while 11βHSD1 in the livers of PPARα knockout mice, or in mice treated for only 7 h with PPARα agonists, was unaltered. Our results are the first to show PPARα agonists can affect glucocorticoid metabolism in the liver by altering 11βHSD1 expression after chronic treatment. Regulation of active glucocorticoid levels in the liver by PPARα agonists may in turn affect glucose metabolism, consistent with reports of their antidiabetic effects.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And this is why I have a tshirt with a picture of dsade on it. Gotta love the research.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And this is why I have a tshirt with a picture of dsade on it. Gotta love the research.
And you know that t-shirt will always be nice and loose in the stomach area. ;)

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Awesome but I need to re read it at a computer! Thank you for this!

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I didnt know that DCP required anymore studies!!! LOL

Stuff absolutely rocks...

Is the newer formulation without TTA going to be able to compete though? why the exclusion of TTA?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The newer formulation includes ingredients that not only amplify mitchondrial activity directly, but increase PPAR expression - thus making the exclusion of TTA a moot point. PPAR agonism will be included still.

TTA will be going the way of prescription medicine soon, and thus we won't be available to use it anymore.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
wow... weird... I dont get how things that are once supplements get drafted into pharmaceutically exclusive...

But thanks fr=or the response all the same!

Im guessing you feel the new DCP r-i-v-a-l-s(wtfuh? why blank out *****?) the old formula? Would you say its more effective?

ANNNDDDD.... if I have some TTA of my own... can I add it to the mix and not be creating a redundancy?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You will absolutely be able to stock up TTA and add it to DCP 2.0.

Right now we're just dealing with "on paper", but it looks like DCP 2.0 will be at least as effective as original DCP.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You will absolutely be able to stock up TTA and add it to DCP 2.0.

Right now we're just dealing with "on paper", but it looks like DCP 2.0 will be at least as effective as original DCP.
Im so stoked for DCP v2.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 3
ericool007 Supplements 21
DBee Evomuse 16
bell1986 Evomuse 0
Supplements 1