Gut Health is HERE!!!!!

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
Gut Health has officially arrived at NutraPlanet!!

Gut Health is the latest in probiotic technology. Containing a specialized force of complementary probiotic strains, Gut Health helps contribute to optimized nutrient absorption, protection against foodborne/environmental pathogens, prevention of bowel irritation/inflammation, support for a powerful immune system and reduction of GI stress caused by modern diet.

Serving size - 1 EnteriCap
Servings per container 35

Ingredients: Proprietary Probiotic Blend - 600 mg

3.25 Billion Colony Forming Units

Bacillus subtilis
Bacillus Coagulens

Lactobacillus Plantarum
Streptococcus Thermophiles
Lactobacillus Casei

Armed and Ready to ship from Nutra this Friday!!!

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Gut Health is the latest in probiotic technology. Containing a specialized force of complementary probiotic strains, Gut Health helps contribute to optimized nutrient absorption, protection against foodborne/environmental pathogens, prevention of bowel irritation/inflammation, support for a powerful immune system and reduction of GI stress caused by modern diet.

Bacillus subtilis
Bacillus Coagulens

Lactobacillus Plantarum
Lactobacillus Casei

amen, brother... Gut Health

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Bacillus subtilis
Bacillus Coagulens

Lactobacillus Plantarum
Lactobacillus Casei

Was wondering how this compares to something like a probiotic from many other digestive health products out there? And if there was any pubmed articles showing that these are beneficial for us. I'm really interested in this product as my gut health... is probably really screwed up.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Was wondering how this compares to something like a probiotic from many other digestive health products out there? And if there was any pubmed articles showing that these are beneficial for us. I'm really interested in this product as my gut health... is probably really screwed up.
you mean, aside from the price? :D

you can compare the ingredient panel to any other probiotic product and find that most products only offer one or two bacterial strains, and perhaps 1 billion CFU or less, as well as other products that "boast" 10 or more strains amidst a proprietary blend, with each added strain decreasing the efficacy of the one before it.

as for research, matt may swing through and perhaps share some of the information he's collected, but just with a quick search/skim on the first two bacteria:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20562363
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19830558
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19922649
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20140275

feel free to conduct a search for the final three (Lactobacillus Plantarum, Streptococcus Thermophiles, Lactobacillus Casei), probiotics are growing in popularity and are constantly and thoroughly researched with information emerging almost every day now.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you mean, aside from the price? :D

you can compare the ingredient panel to any other probiotic product and find that most products only offer one or two bacterial strains, and perhaps 1 billion CFU or less, as well as other products that "boast" 10 or more strains amidst a proprietary blend, with each added strain decreasing the efficacy of the one before it.

as for research, matt may swing through and perhaps share some of the information he's collected, but just with a quick search/skim on the first two bacteria:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20562363
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19830558
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19922649
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20140275

feel free to conduct a search for the final three (Lactobacillus Plantarum, Streptococcus Thermophiles, Lactobacillus Casei), probiotics are growing in popularity and are constantly and thoroughly researched with information emerging almost every day now.
Hehe, yea it's quite pricey for this product.

Thx for the research stuff, i'll be looking it up. After i clicked reply though I kinda thought to myself... "search button...do you have it?" lol

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hehe, yea it's quite pricey for this product.

Thx for the research stuff, i'll be looking it up. After i clicked reply though I kinda thought to myself... "search button...do you have it?" lol
should clarify by saying that this category of product can be pricey... but NP's offering ours at $20, which is where it will top out at.

no worries, dude. if i come across anything pertinent, i'll be sure to post it up, but as said, matt will surely swing through at some point and maybe share a bit.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, stuff good for health. My main concern is nutra's shipping to me in Japan is insane....

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Question on Gut Health: Is this something I can use in cycles? Never used a probiotic before (but already have some on the way). Can I use a bottle, take a month off, then use another bottle or what?

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Question on Gut Health: Is this something I can use in cycles? Never used a probiotic before (but already have some on the way). Can I use a bottle, take a month off, then use another bottle or what?
certainly... i often recommend cycling even health-oriented products like these.

but contrastingly, it's safe to use continuously... i would say, if you prefer to take a break, to use it for at least 8-9 weeks (the second bottle would last 35 days) before taking some time off; not say it won't have a significant effect during the first bottle.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
certainly... i often recommend cycling even health-oriented products like these.

but contrastingly, it's safe to use continuously... i would say, if you prefer to take a break, to use it for at least 8-9 weeks (the second bottle would last 35 days) before taking some time off; not say it won't have a significant effect during the first bottle.
Thanks, this sounds like what I'll do.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Just took my first dose of Gut Health. Go to work little creatures!

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Does it matter whatsoever if we take this empty stomach or full?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does it matter whatsoever if we take this empty stomach or full?
Works MUCH better on an empty stomach. I prefer right before bed or first thing in the morning.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the quick response Matt.

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
Just ordered 2 bottles cant wait to get my ole friend back : )

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Works MUCH better on an empty stomach. I prefer right before bed or first thing in the morning.
I take it before bed and I notice a huge difference, generally with my circadian rhythm I dropped the kids off at the pool at around 0815-0830 but its around 0715 now ( I'm up between 0500-0545 )....not gonna go into the details but the stuff works great, should I dare say better than the old version ???

Does anyone throw it in the fridge ?

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Does anyone throw it in the fridge ?
i keep mine in the fridge door, but only because my kitchen takes the brunt of the summer heat, with no A/C, and i keep all my current supplementation on top of the fridge.