A little praise for Protocol.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
In light of all the new developments in Genomyx and with Dsade brining back some stuff from the RPN line alot of the board has been focused on those developments so I havent seen many posts in regards to protocol lately but it could be me. Kudos to Genomyx for first off making it taste damn good and second just mix smooth in a shaker without clumps or floating suds, it puts you in the zone a little more as well just putting you in a good mood, the thing I find great is Im not much into megadosing bcaas or concoction type drinks so the 1 scoop of protocol pre and post was just perfect IMO, endurance was great as well as adding 2-3 reps on my squat and adding 5-10 pounds on major lifts, there was no DOMS whatsoever and thats where this product shines. This is hands down the best product Ive ever used for eliminating soreness and the 4 ingredients seem to do a damn good job at keeping hormone levels optimal after a good workout.
I will continue to use this product as long as genomyx keeps on putting it out.

For the record I was also using Cre02 for the initial run with protocol and its been 3 days into it.

Keep it up !!! :notworthy:

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ryan first of all thank you very much for your kind words. Its supporters like you which keeps us doing what we do. Its an honor to bring something to this industry that has an impact in helping other people achieve there goals. Im glad you like the new flavor. Alot of hard work went into it and not sure if you remeber but thats why it took almost 4 months to come out with our second batch. We werent going to release it until we could stand behind the flavor 100%. Again thank you and well continue to bring only quality products like protocol to the market.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
You should put this in the supp review section too ;)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's been in my cabinet from it's birth. I was without it when waiting for the new version and my DOMS was unbelievable. This stuff flat out does the job and now tastes awesome. I am really looking forward to this pre-workout that keeps being hinted about...

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
I should do a mini review of heat because it's my favorite in the Genomyx line, the fat loss is the best I've used and the sense of awareness from the raised serotonin, dopa and NE just make it worth that IMO....I did post what I think of it over at the planet.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
I've yet to try the new version...

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I like it, glad I grabbed that first tub to try. Nice job guys!!

TSV

Awards
I've yet to try the new version...
The taste is so much improved that you won't even believe it's the same profile... and it actually isn't. It's even better! ;)

To everyone in this thread, thanks so much for the kind words. It's very satisfying to represent a company that gets this kind of support, and none of it would be possible without all of you. :D

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
once i finish my domin atp i will be using this as theyre very simular

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
stuff tastes AMAZING! may as well be cherry kool aide......

smitty just sent me some samples of slin-sane...see how these treat me

the combo deal on NP is getting PITTB.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm still blown away by the leucine content and tasting this good.

For those of you that never had the pleasure of tasting free form leucine unflavored, I don't recommend it.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad I grabbed 6 tubs of the stuff at new years. Tastes like Cherry Life-Savers, and even better with some creatine-malate/ALCAR for sour cherry. No foam after about 10 min in the shaker. Makes my cardio a lot easier and recovery a bit better. Can't say it is miraculous, but it is slightly noticable. Deffinately a fan of this stuff.

TSV

Awards
I'm glad I grabbed 6 tubs of the stuff at new years. Tastes like Cherry Life-Savers, and even better with some creatine-malate/ALCAR for sour cherry. No foam after about 10 min in the shaker. Makes my cardio a lot easier and recovery a bit better. Can't say it is miraculous, but it is slightly noticable. Deffinately a fan of this stuff.
I'm intrigued by your addition of ALCAR to make the sour cherry flavor... I'll have to give that a shot myself. Seeing as how you said that Protocol helps with your cardio, I'm guessing you take it intra-workout?

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I'm intrigued by your addition of ALCAR to make the sour cherry flavor... I'll have to give that a shot myself. Seeing as how you said that Protocol helps with your cardio, I'm guessing you take it intra-workout?
Yes. 2 scoops Intra-workout with creatine-malate and ALCAR if/when I do fasted cardio (occasionally I even throw in DMAE + TMG and take some capped Rodiola+Bacopa for more effects). I usually have 1/2 - 2/3 finished by the end of cardio and just down the rest at that point. I like the idea of the Leucine helping with anti-catabolism of my poor little muscles when doing fasted cardio.

But I'm think it's more than just the dose I'm taking right then that day that helps me keep going. It gets to the point where I have to tell myself 45min or 1hr is enough and I WILL be back tomarrow even if I feel like going another 30-45 minutes. From what I have understod, the beta-alanine effect is a cumulative one that builds up in one's system over time until a saturation point is reached, much like creatine.

If it is a resistance day I usually do the same thing as cardio: drink 1/2 - 2/3 intra and finish it off end of workout. Been using this protocol for my Protocol the whole month of FEB and am liking it a lot.

TSV

Awards
Yes. 2 scoops Intra-workout with creatine-malate and ALCAR if/when I do fasted cardio (occasionally I even throw in DMAE + TMG and take some capped Rodiola+Bacopa for more effects). I usually have 1/2 - 2/3 finished by the end of cardio and just down the rest at that point. I like the idea of the Leucine helping with anti-catabolism of my poor little muscles when doing fasted cardio.

But I'm think it's more than just the dose I'm taking right then that day that helps me keep going. It gets to the point where I have to tell myself 45min or 1hr is enough and I WILL be back tomarrow even if I feel like going another 30-45 minutes. From what I have understod, the beta-alanine effect is a cumulative one that builds up in one's system over time until a saturation point is reached, much like creatine.

If it is a resistance day I usually do the same thing as cardio: drink 1/2 - 2/3 intra and finish it off end of workout. Been using this protocol for my Protocol the whole month of FEB and am liking it a lot.
That's great to hear. I personally haven't tried using Protocol during cardio, but I've been enjoying its use during lifting.

By the way, you are correct about beta-alanine... its effects manifest over time.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Old thread, but screw it. Just got my Protocol the other day (couldn't pass up that Nutra sale). I'll let everyone know my thoughts on it. Currently in a very difficult phase so its effects on recovery should be easy to gauge.

I can already tell the taste kicks ass as I had my first dose last night. Lovely!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deffinitely one of the best tasting supplements I've ever had.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Old thread, but screw it. Just got my Protocol the other day (couldn't pass up that Nutra sale). I'll let everyone know my thoughts on it. Currently in a very difficult phase so its effects on recovery should be easy to gauge.

I can already tell the taste kicks ass as I had my first dose last night. Lovely!
Grabbed another tub during the sale too! One of my staple supps, can't wait to see how it treats you.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/166658-doing-monstermash-protocol.html
^^ my log of PV2 Cherry... pretty boring but you can skim it if you'd like.^^

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome guys thanks for he support. I have changed up my workouts as well and the Protocol is a huge help in helping me recover. Im Doing Muay Thai three times a week and hitting the weights two times a week. Once and a while Ill throw in a TRX class which is similar to crossfit training except these classes are an hour long. Good stuff.

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
I have tried Proto pre, intra, and post of course. The stuff is so delicious, blended up with 3-4 ice cubes and water is slushy status. Pumps and intra-set recovery is off the charts!

Happy to hear that others are noticing this as well and enjoying it!

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Grabbed another tub during the sale too! One of my staple supps, can't wait to see how it treats you.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/166658-doing-monstermash-protocol.html
^^ my log of PV2 Cherry... pretty boring but you can skim it if you'd like.^^
You mentioned the tingles in your log. I just hit two scoops and I'm tingling as well. What causes that? It isn't a bad thing by any means, just curious. Seems similar to the niacin rush you get from some products.

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ts from the Beta Alanine. I love that feeling but after soem time you start to notice it less :(

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, lets you know its in the bloodstream.

TSV

Awards
Yep, the "tingles" for beta alanine is formally called paresthesia. Some people experience it, while some do not. If you fall in the latter group, don't worry... Beta alanine takes effect regardless of whether or not you feel the "tingles."

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Yep, the "tingles" for beta alanine is formally called paresthesia. Some people experience it, while some do not. If you fall in the latter group, don't worry... Beta alanine takes effect regardless of whether or not you feel the "tingles."
^^This.

I love the BA tingles. Kinda gets my mind off the pain of the last couple reps.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Stuff is definitely great tasting. I can see this becoming a staple.