What about a product like Quadracarn?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DSADE,

Do you seen any usefulness to a multi carnitine product like Quadracarn but obviously at a higher dosage of each and possibly more economical? Rather then buying 3 or 4 different forms of carnitine.....

Propionyl, acetyl, L-Tartrate, etc....

Mr.50

phantom

Awards
  • Established
I kow dsade mentioned a while ago he wanted to do a carnitine complex formula-not sure what the status is. On the bright side, he mentioned PLCAR will be back under Genomyx soon, and plcar is darn hard to find

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm looking at doing a liquid carnitine complex.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Excellent......how about with Ubiquinol, pqp, and quercetin??? LOL

Mr.50
Now you're trampling on the upcoming PreWorkout supp. :)

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Now you're trampling on the upcoming PreWorkout supp. :)
oh oh........now im excited! The liquid carn and the pre workout are a combo ill be buying for sure!

Mr.50

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DSADE,

Do you think there is any truth to Carnitine in any of its forms somehow blocking nuclear binding of Thyroid hormones.... etc? I know there is some implication from one or 2 research studies but has it born out and how much of a negative effect on metabolism might that actually casue in the real world?

Mr.50

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DSADE,

Do you think there is any truth to Carnitine in any of its forms somehow blocking nuclear binding of Thyroid hormones.... etc? I know there is some implication from one or 2 research studies but has it born out and how much of a negative effect on metabolism might that actually casue in the real world?

Mr.50
I'm not finding anything with a quick search.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
bump for this- never heard this about carnitine b4

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bump for your thoughts DSADE?

Mr.50
I'm seeing an effect noted in peripheral tissues only, which COULD prove to be significant, or not.

Going to take a lot more thinking on it, for sure.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I'm seeing an effect noted in peripheral tissues only, which COULD prove to be significant, or not.

Going to take a lot more thinking on it, for sure.
Definitely need to know since I love cycling carnitines. :worried:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely need to know since I love cycling carnitines. :worried:
It doesn't appear to affect central thyroid action, so my initial thinking is that any suppression of effect will be minimal.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
been using carnitines on and off for 3 years now-never noticed any kinda weight gain/low thyroid symptoms on it-if anything, plcar def helps me lean out. If there is minimal suppression, I'm guessing action would return to normal after stoppping usage?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
been using carnitines on and off for 3 years now-never noticed any kinda weight gain/low thyroid symptoms on it-if anything, plcar def helps me lean out. If there is minimal suppression, I'm guessing action would return to normal after stoppping usage?
I would assume so...again, it does not appear to do anything centrally (suppression, etc).

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would assume so...again, it does not appear to do anything centrally (suppression, etc).
DSADE I wonder if there is any differences in this activity in different tissues (ie fat vs muscle vs organ) ?

Mr.50

phantom

Awards
  • Established
yeah, with all the people who run this almost year round-never heard anyone really have problems associated with this

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DSADE I wonder if there is any differences in this activity in different tissues (ie fat vs muscle vs organ) ?

Mr.50
This is the direction I am heading next as far as investigation. Hard to gauge just from the two studies.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't appear to affect central thyroid action, so my initial thinking is that any suppression of effect will be minimal.
Is there anything you'd recommend for thyroid health while cycled of my carnitines?