DSADE how about pyrroloquinoline quinone?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DSADE,

How about including pyrroloquinoline quinone in an energy product from Genomyx? Its ability to improve production of new mitochondria seems interesting....

Mr.50

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DSADE,

How about including pyrroloquinoline quinone in an energy product from Genomyx? Its ability to improve production of new mitochondria seems interesting....

Mr.50
Hit me through PM?

sapentia

sapentia

Awards
DSADE,

Mr.50
Just started supplementing this a few weeks ago at 10mg/day. I'm thinking of upping it to 20mg. I don't think there are any noticeable effects from an exercise standpoint. It is possible it may have a very subtle nootropic effect over time, but that is hard for me to ascertain clearly at this point.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just started supplementing this a few weeks ago at 10mg/day. I'm thinking of upping it to 20mg. I don't think there are any noticeable effects from an exercise standpoint. It is possible it may have a very subtle nootropic effect over time, but that is hard for me to ascertain clearly at this point.
If the purported effect is to increase the production of mitochondria I wonder how long that might take? Is mito production a matter of days or weeks (like red blood cells etc)

Mr.50

sapentia

sapentia

Awards
If the purported effect is to increase the production of mitochondria I wonder how long that might take? Is mito production a matter of days or weeks (like red blood cells etc)

Mr.50
I'm not exactly sure on this but I'm not positive that this has been demonstrated in vivo with humans though it very likely has this effect. Also keep in mind that different cells in the body have different rates of turnover which likely carries over into the mitochondrial dynamics. Supposedly, resveratrol also promotes mitochondrial replication.

I may be wrong, DSade would know better, but the benefit would likely be only for higher reps where lactic acid starts to become an issue since the effect of more mitochondria would be increased ATP production. I don't think ATP is typically a limiting factor with strength in the lower rep ranges. Again though, I'm not positive on this and may be off. Been awhile since I've studied this stuff.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm not exactly sure on this but I'm not positive that this has been demonstrated in vivo with humans though it very likely has this effect. Also keep in mind that different cells in the body have different rates of turnover which likely carries over into the mitochondrial dynamics. Supposedly, resveratrol also promotes mitochondrial replication.

I may be wrong, DSade would know better, but the benefit would likely be only for higher reps where lactic acid starts to become an issue since the effect of more mitochondria would be increased ATP production. I don't think ATP is typically a limiting factor with strength in the lower rep ranges. Again though, I'm not positive on this and may be off. Been awhile since I've studied this stuff.
Nope it sounds like you are spot on with that but where ATP generation and mitchondria might play a role for all of us here is in recovery between sets or if you do more "athletic" based training (repeated bouts of conditioning or intervals etc).

Mr.50

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
travbedaman Evomuse 8
MidwestBeast Company Promotions 0
MidwestBeast Evomuse 19
Evomuse 13
dsade Evomuse 70