Slin-Sane Question

papagunz

Awards
Firstly, I'd like to say I'm interested in the stuff. I tend to respond well to GDAs and the price is incredibly fair. I just have one question.

Why the norvaline? It has currently been established that arginine is pretty much useless for upping NO in healthy humans. Norvaline is an arginase inhibitor, so really its just another way of increasing plasma arginine.... so what am I missing?

Does it do more than inhibit arginase?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Arginine suffers (basically) two fates...degraded by Arginase or converted by iNOS into NO. While exogenous arginine doesn't necessarily change this bottleneck, inhibiting Arginase does.

XplodeWithMe

XplodeWithMe

Awards
Think of it like this... inhibiting the arginase will only give you the one option to go to N.O.

Simple process of elimination to get to where you wanna go ;)

papagunz

Awards
Arginine suffers (basically) two fates...degraded by Arginase or converted by iNOS into NO. While exogenous arginine doesn't necessarily change this bottleneck, inhibiting Arginase does.
Makes sense, thanks guys.

One more follow-up question. Is iNOS expression constitutive or inducible? (if inducible, via what pathway/molecule?) Again, not trying to be a stick in the mud, just trying to learn.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Makes sense, thanks guys.

One more follow-up question. Is iNOS expression constitutive or inducible? (if inducible, via what pathway/molecule?) Again, not trying to be a stick in the mud, just trying to learn.
iNOS mean inducible.

I'm not sure that the mechanism off activation has entirely been discovered.

papagunz

Awards
iNOS mean inducible.

I'm not sure that the mechanism off activation has entirely been discovered.
Oh, ok. I was thinking more along the lines of 'intra' something or generally a location. (like 'e'NOS is for 'endothelial' cells)

Thank you for the speedy response.