Sline-sane

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
This a multipart question. Part one I am in a calorie deficit (20% under my maintenance levels) I am currently using Natadrol. Will the addition of slin-sane make it possible to actually add muscle while in an a deficit? I am normally not a believer it is possible, but with nutrient partitioning supplements it may be possible.

If it would not, what would be the benefit of adding it into my protocol now? Or in all honesty, would it be better to wait until I start training to gain again?

Finally if I add it in how would I do such. I have one carb meal in 99% of cases one hour before training with about 100grams of CHO, after training about an hour later (as I cant stomach anything after) I take in my last carb meal (100cho) there are an additional 50 grams coming from other things throughout the day.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
it's not realistically possible to add muscle while in a deficit so much as it's possible to retain muscle... which is extremely important on a cut.

it could certainly be of benefit in that regard, aside from its nutrient partitioning effects, it would also serve to stave off fat storage.

from what you've posted, seems like a post-WO/pre-bed dosing would work very well in your situation.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
it's not realistically possible to add muscle while in a deficit so much as it's possible to retain muscle... which is extremely important on a cut.

it could certainly be of benefit in that regard, aside from its nutrient partitioning effects, it would also serve to stave off fat storage.

from what you've posted, seems like a post-WO/pre-bed dosing would work very well in your situation.
That is honestly one of the best answers I have heard from a rep in awhile. Thank you very much.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That is honestly one of the best answers I have heard from a rep in awhile. Thank you very much.
you're welcome... and thank you for the praise! :D

any questions/concerns/feedback once you get rollin', just get in touch, dude.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
you're welcome... and thank you for the praise! :D

any questions/concerns/feedback once you get rollin', just get in touch, dude.
Ok just ordered a bottle, and I have a few more questions.

1. My training split has changed under instruction from my sifu. every morning is Qigong followed by Dynamic Tension exercises. Now I do not eat before I do these (I know the horrors of training on an empty stomach), but this is just how its done. Now when I eat my first carb meal after this (as instructed) do I take the slin-sane then eat immediately or take it and eat it 15-30 minutes later. Also should I eat the protein with the carbs if I need to wait or just pound down the protein. My idea being that the protein will still raise insulin response I should wait. Part 2 of this question what makes this product different than ALA in terms of taking postworkout being ok vs ALA not.

2. I have a 5 hour carb up 1-2 day a week (as per lyle mcdonals diet ideas). Over the period of 5 hours I consume between 300-400 grams of CHO. When I was using ALA I would take Pre-15 minutes before carb up and one again at hour 2 and again at hour 4. So 3 doses over 5 hours of 300mgs. How would I dose slin sane. This is my time to get anabolic for the week and maybe add some muscle as lyle says.

As you can probably see I am very anal lol, but I like to learn and I exactness breads champions

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
awesome questions!

Ok just ordered a bottle, and I have a few more questions.

1. My training split has changed under instruction from my sifu. every morning is Qigong followed by Dynamic Tension exercises. Now I do not eat before I do these (I know the horrors of training on an empty stomach), but this is just how its done. Now when I eat my first carb meal after this (as instructed) do I take the slin-sane then eat immediately or take it and eat it 15-30 minutes later. Also should I eat the protein with the carbs if I need to wait or just pound down the protein. My idea being that the protein will still raise insulin response I should wait. Part 2 of this question what makes this product different than ALA in terms of taking postworkout being ok vs ALA not.
honestly, at the end of the day, the time lapse between the dose and eating doesn't matter too much... digestion and macro/micro-nutrient dispersion isn't instantaneous, so you could theoretically take them together... if you're weary, keep the capsule in your pocket and take it as you leave the gym, thereby allowing you to go about your post-WO feeding routine.

okay, ALA... ALA's primary function is as an antioxidant. dosing antioxidants around your workout isn't recommended as it's an opportune time to allow your body to cope with oxidative stress. while its serum glucose disposal properties are renowned, the primary action would be cause for concern with a post-WO dosing... especially when working in conjunction with fat-soluble antioxidants/vitamins, like A and E, due to ALA's ability to stimulate cellular uptake of those stored AOx.

add that to the fact that i have read from a very reputable source (though i have no clinical data to support this) that "ALA is relatively unstable and very prone to oxidation."... "The salts (Na-R-ALA / K-R-ALA) help against polimerization but I highly doubt that they may protect against oxidation from environmental oxygen (air)."

so, unless the ALA is pharmaceutically manufactured, i don't even consider it.

2. I have a 5 hour carb up 1-2 day a week (as per lyle mcdonals diet ideas). Over the period of 5 hours I consume between 300-400 grams of CHO. When I was using ALA I would take Pre-15 minutes before carb up and one again at hour 2 and again at hour 4. So 3 doses over 5 hours of 300mgs. How would I dose slin sane. This is my time to get anabolic for the week and maybe add some muscle as lyle says.

As you can probably see I am very anal lol, but I like to learn and I exactness breads champions
whereas you took 300mgs. over the course of 5 hours, you'll need to take one SS prior to your feeding window. while not all the carbohydrates may be targeted in that time (especially toward the end of your window), allowing an uninhibited digestion of certain amounts would be very beneficial to growth... if you'd prefer, feel free to experiment with a dose prior to your last meal of the window and see how you respond.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
awesome questions!

honestly, at the end of the day, the time lapse between the dose and eating doesn't matter too much... digestion and macro/micro-nutrient dispersion isn't instantaneous, so you could theoretically take them together... if you're weary, keep the capsule in your pocket and take it as you leave the gym, thereby allowing you to go about your post-WO feeding routine.

okay, ALA... ALA's primary function is as an antioxidant. dosing antioxidants around your workout isn't recommended as it's an opportune time to allow your body to cope with oxidative stress. while its serum glucose disposal properties are renowned, the primary action would be cause for concern with a post-WO dosing... especially when working in conjunction with fat-soluble antioxidants/vitamins, like A and E, due to ALA's ability to stimulate cellular uptake of those stored AOx.

add that to the fact that i have read from a very reputable source (though i have no clinical data to support this) that "ALA is relatively unstable and very prone to oxidation."... "The salts (Na-R-ALA / K-R-ALA) help against polimerization but I highly doubt that they may protect against oxidation from environmental oxygen (air)."

so, unless the ALA is pharmaceutically manufactured, i don't even consider it.

whereas you took 300mgs. over the course of 5 hours, you'll need to take one SS prior to your feeding window. while not all the carbohydrates may be targeted in that time (especially toward the end of your window), allowing an uninhibited digestion of certain amounts would be very beneficial to growth... if you'd prefer, feel free to experiment with a dose prior to your last meal of the window and see how you respond.
And to think I thought I knew a lot about nutrition you are blowing my mind here.

I knew about the antioxident effect, but I figured that it had more to do with the insulin effect. Interesting to hear that is the main reason. I have also heard in rumor about it not being stable so I am very amused (so to speak) that it is actually said by reputable sources of such things.

The big thing that interests me in what you said is that some uninhibited digestion of some CHO would be beneficial. Why would this be?

Thanks again

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
nothing major, just a matter of not impeding the body's natural digestive processes all the time; using a nutrient partitioner will augment that process in specific ways... you're using those macronutrients during that post-training window whether you've taken SS before or not, y'know? :D

And to think I thought I knew a lot about nutrition you are blowing my mind here.

I knew about the antioxident effect, but I figured that it had more to do with the insulin effect. Interesting to hear that is the main reason. I have also heard in rumor about it not being stable so I am very amused (so to speak) that it is actually said by reputable sources of such things.

The big thing that interests me in what you said is that some uninhibited digestion of some CHO would be beneficial. Why would this be?

Thanks again

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
nothing major, just a matter of not impeding the body's natural digestive processes all the time; using a nutrient partitioner will augment that process in specific ways... you're using those macronutrients during that post-training window whether you've taken SS before or not, y'know? :D
Good points. I live on digestive enzymes for most meals though. I have IBS (severity ranges) some days no issues other days (like this morning) it feels terrible and hurts like hell. So I depend on those to help make my food easier. Though oddly enough in my entire time as an athlete no supplement worsens it, they only make it better. Doctors kind of laugh at that.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Doctors kind of laugh at that.
sure, because it flies in the face of what they're trying to accomplish. ;)

if you feel that it helps, then please do experiment with some different dosage patterns to find what works best. the beauty of SS is that it's inexpensive, because we've anticipated that it's very user-specific and you'll have to play around at first to find what works best.

you must be looking forward to a gut health re-release, huh? :)

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
sure, because it flies in the face of what they're trying to accomplish. ;)

if you feel that it helps, then please do experiment with some different dosage patterns to find what works best. the beauty of SS is that it's inexpensive, because we've anticipated that it's very user-specific and you'll have to play around at first to find what works best.

you must be looking forward to a gut health re-release, huh? :)
I've never used it but I'll have to try it. I have been using Solar-rays digestive enzymes for a few years now. One with any meal that is higher in carbs.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
So how do you use slin sane with low carbs I was reading about that.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So how do you use slin sane with low carbs I was reading about that.
same as you would with carbs, though, honestly, if you're planning to dose it with low/no carbs, you should reserve it for your pre-bed dosing (not that you would experience any hypoglycemic symptoms)... which is what i do during the week; just 1 cap/day.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
same as you would with carbs, though, honestly, if you're planning to dose it with low/no carbs, you should reserve it for your pre-bed dosing (not that you would experience any hypoglycemic symptoms)... which is what i do during the week; just 1 cap/day.
No real risk in doing that?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am about maximizing potential as a natural so any advantage I can get the better. I do have another one.

Since BCAAs spike insulin levels (quite highly) and I feel they are beneficial on a trace carb diet, what it be safe to say taking a dose of slin-sane and then 20-30grams of BCAA be safe and require no need for additional carbs that being combined with the already there insulin spike from the whey isolate. I was planning doing this after my dynamic tension in the morning and and on days I train with weights of some sort at night.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No real risk in doing that?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am about maximizing potential as a natural so any advantage I can get the better. I do have another one.

Since BCAAs spike insulin levels (quite highly) and I feel they are beneficial on a trace carb diet, what it be safe to say taking a dose of slin-sane and then 20-30grams of BCAA be safe and require no need for additional carbs that being combined with the already there insulin spike from the whey isolate. I was planning doing this after my dynamic tension in the morning and and on days I train with weights of some sort at night.
don't apologize for the questions :D... everyone that's considering this is asking some great questions that will help other users when they search.

so, no real risk... as said, slin-sane doesn't carry with it the hypoglycemic sides that other GDAs seem to.

that's fine if you choose to dose it like that, though your body, in a highly anabolic state, will tear through those nutrients very quickly and limit the value of SS. if you pop the cap and wait maybe 20-30 mins., it may be more beneficial to you. that insulin spike (especially at that time) is lightning fast, so you want to be sure the SS is dispersed before that time.

if you try it once like that and find that it's not for you, it's an easy fix. ;)