Dsade's Traumatic Injury/IDRT recovery log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Dsade's Traumatic Injury/IDRT recovery log

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Right side of nose is splintered, but there are no orbital fractures.

I fixed my nose the best I could while adrenaline was still my friend, but I think I still have about 1/4 inch of offset. I will have to decide whether or not to have it rebroken and set soon.

I know I have developed a horrendous snore, so I think Christine will make the call..or else.
    I hope the nose situation pans out well here. I'm sure it will once the swelling subsides; then you'll be able to make an accurate assessment of structural damage.

They checked your visual acuity, right? The concussion effects can last a few days, so hopefully that has lifted now. I'm just trying to assess what a good trauma center should have done here, haha.

-John

-John

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

2. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I hope the nose situation pans out well here. I'm sure it will once the swelling subsides; then you'll be able to make an accurate assessment of structural damage.

They checked your visual acuity, right? The concussion effects can last a few days, so hopefully that has lifted now. I'm just trying to assess what a good trauma center should have done here, haha.

-John

-John
    We waited for 7 extra hours for the opthamologist to show up...which he didn't. Left eye is still slightly blurry, despite swelling being greatly reduced. There is no detached retina or anything, but we are waiting it out to make sure acuity returns 100%.
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

We waited for 7 extra hours for the opthamologist to show up...which he didn't. Left eye is still slightly blurry, despite swelling being greatly reduced. There is no detached retina or anything, but we are waiting it out to make sure acuity returns 100%.
    Getting opthamology to respond can be a pain in the ass. I would say plastics is just as bad. Sad, but true in the E.R. I'm glad to hear at least they were consulted here for an eval.

If you have any questions of concerns Matt, let me know. I'd be glad to give what advice I can from my own experience over the years.

-John

Legendary

•   

4. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Getting opthamology to respond can be a pain in the ass. I would say plastics is just as bad. Sad, but true in the E.R. I'm glad to hear at least they were consulted here for an eval.

If you have any questions of concerns Matt, let me know. I'd be glad to give what advice I can from my own experience over the years.

-John
    Thanks, John.

We wasted 6 hours back at the ER today because some intern freaked out when Christine told her I was still falling down and forgetting/repeating things. CT came out normal again and the doc said it's perfectly normal for serious concussions to manifest these effects for another 2-3 weeks.

That and I swapped my Percs for Vikes. Painkillers are bad enough on me, but those percs are just too strong.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I know that in TX, if you train in any combat sport, then your assault automatically gets enhanced to aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. New Member
    Stats
    4'6"  999 lbs.

From one Matt to another.. Sorry bro.. I used to work as a bouncer in clubs for years.. I have seen this type of thug before.. I wish you a speedy recovery bro.. God Bless
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Thanks, John.

We wasted 6 hours back at the ER today because some intern freaked out when Christine told her I was still falling down and forgetting/repeating things. CT came out normal again and the doc said it's perfectly normal for serious concussions to manifest these effects for another 2-3 weeks.

That and I swapped my Percs for Vikes. Painkillers are bad enough on me, but those percs are just too strong.
    Anytime, Matt.

Oxycodone (Percocet) is a good drug, but many people don't like the side effects. It really is a pretty potent narcotic. I personally think Hydrocodone (Vicodin/Norco) is much better option from a narcotic analgesic standpoint without the side effects.

It's very possible with a concussion to have side effects for some time; especially if any equilibrium aspects (in the inner ear) were affected during the head trauma. The CT scan wouldn't show stuff like that (you're looking for traumatic head bleeding there - i.e., subdural'epidural bleed); it's more of a clinical diagnosis that's made by physical exam rather than by diagnostic exam (CT). We live in an age where some doctors rely HEAVILY on the diagnostic tools to make their diagnosis, however that's now how they're trained. It's now become more of a "defensive medicine" aspect.

Just a friendly word of advice from a nurse that's been in the game a while....interns don't know their head from their ass (no offense of course to those that are interns, but I've save enough from screwing up or freaking out over the years).....

If you ever have a serious question that you want answered with expertise and experience, always request the attending physician.

-John

Legendary

8. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Anytime, Matt.

Oxycodone (Percocet) is a good drug, but many people don't like the side effects. It really is a pretty potent narcotic. I personally think Hydrocodone (Vicodin/Norco) is much better option from a narcotic analgesic standpoint without the side effects.

It's very possible with a concussion to have side effects for some time; especially if any equilibrium aspects (in the inner ear) were affected during the head trauma. The CT scan wouldn't show stuff like that (you're looking for traumatic head bleeding there - i.e., subdural'epidural bleed); it's more of a clinical diagnosis that's made by physical exam rather than by diagnostic exam (CT). We live in an age where some doctors rely HEAVILY on the diagnostic tools to make their diagnosis, however that's now how they're trained. It's now become more of a "defensive medicine" aspect.

Just a friendly word of advice from a nurse that's been in the game a while....interns don't know their head from their ass (no offense of course to those that are interns, but I've save enough from screwing up or freaking out over the years).....

-John
    The important question...how soon can I resume heay lifting?

My eye vessels are all ruptured and the headaches are close to unbearable, but I don't want to take more than a week off. It's as much ego recovery as physical, if you know what i mean.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

My eye vessels are all ruptured and the headaches are close to unbearable, but I don't want to take more than a week off. It's as much ego recovery as physical, if you know what i mean.
    This is the thing...

Head trauma like this can open gates that may not be apparent on the CT scan at this point. If you test the issue, often some things that aren't evident may begin to manifest. If you're symptomatic, i.e., headaches, blurred vision - I would not resume anything that would risk the chance of increasing ICP (Intra-cranial pressure.)

At this point, I would say you're at least 4 weeks out from doing anything that you should consider "heavy." I'm also being on the safe side here, Matt. I know that you'll rebound great, but let the body heal fully before engaging in any significant heavy lifting.

Any type of focal-motor weakness or ataxia is an indication that you need to just rest and let the body heal first.

Seriously though, if you have any questions Matt, call me.

-John

Legendary

10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.

Jesus christ! It sucks that someone as helpful and nice as you has to go through this crap.. I hope you have a speedy recovery!
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The ego will have to be put aside here big man. Judging by the symptoms you are manifesting, time will be needed before anything heavy will be lifted. I would say it will be some time before you can even walk up a flight of stairs without some nausea or headache symptoms. Blood pressure is not on your side here. Take it slow and you will heal faster big man!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Does this loser have a good job or any money, or even better own a business? If so, you can bring civil suit and get a ton of cash. You will win the criminal case easily but why not double dip and make him remember for the next 50 years!!

Hitting on someone's wife is deplorable. A bar fight started by some clown in response to a husband saying back off (as opposed to getting an apology) is an absolute joke as well.

A trained fighter sucker punching and then adding injuries after you're on the ground? Speechless in disgust! What a vile piece of trash! This story makes me ill.

VERY sorry to hear this Matt. Best of luck to in your recovery!
  13. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Day 6...speed of recover in the right eye is astounding. Left eye has begun the same kind of fade as the right eye on day 4, so I'm hopeful to have all discoloration gone soon.

However...apparently my home-nose reset job wasn't good enough. Friday morning they're going to rebreak and set. Not sure what that will do to my orbital region - probably reblacken everything.

Can any of you MMA guys comment on healing pace?

14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

Glad to see that beautiful face healing
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by timmmah View Post
    That sucks dude, at least you got away with your life...
    Speedy recovery!
    He did because I went after the guy with a pool stick, I protect my own!
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    He did because I went after the guy with a pool stick, I protect my own!
    Ahh awesome! yeah my wife was wondering what you did cuz she said she would have gone after the guy
  17. Elite Member

Make a full recovery bro!! Sucks you gotta go through this, but definitely props for making a log about it
  18. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga View Post
    Make a full recovery bro!! Sucks you gotta go through this, but definitely props for making a log about it
    Well, no sense in letting the opportunity go to waste. The sooner I get my good looks back, the sooner my wife will voluntarily kiss me without cringing.
  19. Senior Member

Dsade-the flawless idrt is def some good stuff at speeding up healing etc. If you remember my log, my gf used it for her gallbladder operation scar, and I used it for a cut at work that required several stitches-neither scar is even visible, and the skin is completely healthy-no doubt this is working for you too, as you seem to be healing very well.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by propho View Post
    Ahh awesome! yeah my wife was wondering what you did cuz she said she would have gone after the guy
    Well I got lucky because he drew back to hit me but something stopped him. He would have destroyed me!
  21. Anabolic Innovations Owner

Hey Matt,

I just saw this thread. VERY VERY sorry to hear about this. Must be very painful and just a real pain to deal with.

Speedy recovery and don't try to do too much too soon.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  22. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Wow Matt I know you told me you were going to do this thread the other day but didnt think you were actually going to go through with it. Much more respect for you brotha for not only logging your results with the flawless product but further more sharing your experience with everyone. Shows how much the memeberd mean to you hear and how many friends you have here at AM. I know your always working like a mad man but take soem time off to recover big guy. Ill man the fort solo for now
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.

Matt -

I wanted to drop in and say that I am very sorry to see this happen to someone such as yourself. I wish you a speedy and full recovery. My sister practices holistic Chinese and Indian medicine & healing and has believe it or not, cured and alleviated people's various illnesses and injuries in very short order. If that's something you're open to considering, I'd be more than happy to forward your info on to her. The only reason why I raised this idea was because she's had 5 or 6 concussions and she's managed to heal herself on that end, her fibromyalgia is gone, and her vision has gotten better dramatically.

-K
  24. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Day 7

Just realized that this log is going to take a suddern turn backwards as I have to get my nose reset tomorrow. Haha...too bad because left eye healing has gotten quite dramatic. Right eye almost back to normal, with some very slight discoloration.

25. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Kernkraft View Post
    Matt -

I wanted to drop in and say that I am very sorry to see this happen to someone such as yourself. I wish you a speedy and full recovery. My sister practices holistic Chinese and Indian medicine & healing and has believe it or not, cured and alleviated people's various illnesses and injuries in very short order. If that's something you're open to considering, I'd be more than happy to forward your info on to her. The only reason why I raised this idea was because she's had 5 or 6 concussions and she's managed to heal herself on that end, her fibromyalgia is gone, and her vision has gotten better dramatically.

-K
    K,

I appreciate the offer. I'm much more of a "use myself as guinea pig" kind of guy. The Flawless, considering the extent of my swelling, cutting, and bruising, is exceeding my expectations for sure.

I'm halving the pain meds today, to try to wean down. Hate the way they make me feel.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.

This sucks bro, all the best to you, get well
    Truth
  27. Registered User

Christ, that is ****ed up, I whish you a fast recovery. Things like this really makes one think where the F is it going with the world. It is simply hateful. I hope the guy is put behind bars for a long time. Best to you and your family!
  28. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Crap...rebreak/reset got put off until Tuesday. I'll get to relax for the weekend, but I almost want to just get it over with.

Love the "hammer and chisel" comment from the doc...hey, thanks doc.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  168 lbs.

Dang dude just found this thread. What a pos. Hope ya heal up quick and get back at it real soon.
  30. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Dramatic improvement today. So...fight happened last thursday. In the Hospital until early saturday morning.

I would say I have been treating with the Flawless IDRT since Saturday late afternoon.

31. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Wow that really is a huge improvement. How many times a day do you apply the Flawless?
  32. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GENOMYX View Post
    Wow that really is a huge improvement. How many times a day do you apply the Flawless?
    Twice a day. Once after shower in the morning, once before bed at night.
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Jesus, what a crazy S.O.B. Hopefully, he'll be off the streets for a long time.

The healing process seems to be going along nicely. Wish you a speedy recovery and good-luck with the reset.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Glad to see that you are recovering very well Matt..!!
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.

K,

I appreciate the offer. I'm much more of a "use myself as guinea pig" kind of guy. The Flawless, considering the extent of my swelling, cutting, and bruising, is exceeding my expectations for sure.

I'm halving the pain meds today, to try to wean down. Hate the way they make me feel.
    No worries - you're looking x1000000 better already so it's good to see at least the facial effects are diminishing. Hope everything else is progressing better than expected.
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Sorry to hear about this man...some people need cages. It IS a good product log though on a positive note. How would you feel about using this while pregnant? As in to you knowledge are any of the ingredients not recommended for use during pregnancy or should it be used after childbirth for stretchmarks?
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

sorry to hear about this dsade.. damn morons giving the sport of MMA a bad name... no wonder so many politicians are still out there calling it "barbaric"...

my cousin is a pro MMA fighter, nicest guy you'll ever meet and not a disrespectful bone in his body... he just loves the sport, and he keeps it in the gym and ring.. yet you have these jackass douchebags that go out to start **** because thy're "badass cage fighters"

for a perfect example, see our San Diego resident douchebag- John "war machine" Kopenhaver.

this stuff pisses me off... dsade, you didnt deserve this sh*t!
  38. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Day 10 (sorry missed yesterday). Presurgery day. As the swelling has subsided, you can really see the left side nasal passage crushed and the offset of my nose. Tomorrow is surgery day.

Discoloration on my left eye has almost completely abated...but tomorrow it will all be back.

I will keep up with the IDRT treatment and see how quickly we can return to "normal."

Judging by the inflammation UNDERNEATH my eyes, I think it's time to whip out the beta of the EyeTite and see if I can start working on the right side (left side control).

39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hope all goes well tomorrow with the surgery.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Well I got lucky because he drew back to hit me but something stopped him. He would have destroyed me!
    Yikes, yeah he deserves to be locked up for a LOOOOOOOOONG time
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Injury Recovery Help
    By TechDawg4Life in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 01:53 AM
  2. IGF-1 to help injury recovery.
    By Creeky in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 05:03 AM
  3. aas use for injury recovery???