dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some of you have heard the story, some haven't. Christine and I were out for some adult beverages and to meet soe old friends on Thursday. Later in the evening, this guy starts blatantly, and vulgarly, hitting on Christine. I moved in, informed the guy that Christine was married and to leave her alone.

Well, my reflexes has apparently been slowed down because I do not recall much after that except a 2 foot puddle of blood on the floor. Apparently they guy was some psychotic cage fighter who loved to go to bars to pick fights. He was promptly arrested and charged with Felony Assault.

Anyway, I spent 2 days in the hospital. At first, my nose was very obviously broken - displaced by about 3/4 of an inch towards the right side of my face. I pulled it out and repositioned it...now I'm looking at about 1/4 inch displacement - which I might just go ahead and leave alone.

I got about 9 stitches on my left eyebrow and several very deep cuts on my face. I started immediately using the Intensive Dermal Resroration Therpay (IDRT) from the Genomyx sub-brand Flawless Skin Couture.

This will be my tracking log for effectiveness.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 2. Still on Percocet ( I hate the way these make me feel). Right eye starts to discolor and sell badly.

Concussion still messing up my behaviour and thought processes, as well as my balance.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 3 (Sunday) Probably the worst day. Left eye blackened severaly (including sclera) and right eye blackened significantly.

Focusing my Intensive Dermal Restoration Therapy on the open wounds and both eyes. I should see significant reduction on bruising very quickly and little to no scarring.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 4 Morning -

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAMN DUDE!!! WOW...speechless. Hope you get well soon man.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Da 4 afternoon. Since morning the outer edge of my blackened right eye has receded significantly and swelling has gone down.

None of the cuts, save for my left eyebrow, is even remotely painful.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear this man. That sucks, hopefully this guys serves real time for this

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn Matt!!! this guy is crazy or what!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear this man. That sucks, hopefully this guys serves real time for this
Here in Ohio, Felony Assault (if we can demonstrate a pattern of this behaviour) carries a term of around 5-6 years in prison.

I'm definitely having some trouble concentrating, though, and this week is very critical for Genomyx.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess it will come down to any witnesses being able to show a pattern of behavior. I hope he gets what he deserves.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
christ, matt... that's f'cking horrible. i sincerely hope you follow through with the charges.

glad that you've escaped with what you have and it wasn't any worse.

with you here in the log, dude... and i know there ain't much to be done, but if i can help at all, just say the word.

fmoncas

fmoncas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am really sorry to hear that bro! i hope you get well soon

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I'm really sorry that happened to you. I hope that piece of **** serves time, and gets @$$ raped with a broom stick in jail.

We wish you a speedy recovery. hang in there.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
hopefully they throw the book at this ass clown

nni

Awards
first post in years just to say, good luck in the recovery. hope the guy gets his.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn, that sucks. I kind of hate the opiates too, always leaves me feeling so queasy

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about this. Any fighter that does this sorts of behavior obviously has no skill in the actual cage...

Dracoy

Dracoy

Controlled Labs Representative
Awards
  • Established
Omg that is so painful. Isn't that like using a weapon if they are a trained cage fighter?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Omg that is so painful. Isn't that like using a weapon if they are a trained cage fighter?
It's also a heavier charge when they stomp on you after you're out. I have the shoeprint on my rib/kidney to prove that much.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Man, I am sorry to hear this.

I wish you godspeed on your recovery.

If you need anything at all, just hit me up.

Anything in the needtobuildmuscle arsenal. Say the word.

Again, best wishes on your recovery.

I really hope the book gets thrown at this focker.

What an ass. Hit/stomp you while you were down. Thats bullchit.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
That's truly awfull! Wishing you a speedy recovery, take it easy and make sure to take plenty of l-glutamine for healing as well as arginine pyroglutamate (if u have any) + vitamins etc.

Poor thing... :sad:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope this ****wad gets the fullest extent of time-served. I'm really sorry to hear about this, Matt. I wish you a very speedy and healthy recovery.

It's ridiculous that you can't go out and have a good time anymore without having to worry about *******s like this. It's hearing about stuff like this that has led me to invest in getting my concealed weapons permit and teach my wife how to shoot if need-be in the event something happens when I'm not home.

If there is anything I can do to help out buddy, only say the word.

-John

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
get well soon....

and i hope the guy that did it gets lots of time, and lots of it up the butt.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Thats a bad SH*T Matt-hope you get well soon man. Thats one of the reasons I dnt even really go out much these days, its like the jasckass to normal people ratio went to 90-10. I notice alot of the younger guys from my bjj classes etc. have no reall interest in the whole sport/team aspect of it, rather like this clown, to be able to go out and pick fights with people is what they are concerned about-

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
In for the speedy recovery Matt, the swelling looks like it's gone down a good amount in the right eye and the left eye looks like it's on the fast track to recovery. We're here with ya!

doughboy

Awards
Matt,

Sorry to hear this happened. I hope you feel better soon.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your incident bro, I hope for a quick and full recovery and for the bastard who did this they should lock him up and throw away the keys!

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
Said it on mff and I'll say it on here:
That's ****ed up beyond belief. One of the first times I feel speechless, helpless, and sad.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Breaks my heart to see you like that bubba...take it very slow and watch the blood pressure with that concussion. All the best D.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That just makes me sick it, it really pisses me off what guys think they can get away with. I've been in the sport of MMA for 5 years now and you see it with alot of these young guys who come in and just want to learn to fight to cause drama. I'm sorry to see this happen to such a good person get well Matt and best wishes.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
Best wishes Matt, hope you get better soon and have a speedy recovery.

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
This is FRIKKIN ridiculous! Arghhh! Makes my blood boil when I hear about crap like this! Really hope he gets done for this REAL bad.

Wish you a speedy recovery brutha, get well soon.

What an ass clown, damn!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 5...huge recovery to my right eye. 95% swelling gone and darkest discoloration is faded to a yellowish color.

Trying to finish up my sleep DCP reformulation this week, but having some real problems with focus and concentration. Doc says the concussion should slowly fade over the next 3 weeks.

Cuts, even though some of them are VERY deep, are fading into nothing.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Natalie and Christine are wearing matching nurses outfits and indulging my every whim...

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there a sponge bath included??

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Matt, were there any facial/orbital fractures? I'm sure they scanned your head (r/o bleed) as well as CT facial bones.

-John

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Matt, were there any facial/orbital fractures? I'm sure they scanned your head (r/o bleed) as well as CT facial bones.

-John
Right side of nose is splintered, but there are no orbital fractures.

I fixed my nose the best I could while adrenaline was still my friend, but I think I still have about 1/4 inch of offset. I will have to decide whether or not to have it rebroken and set soon.

I know I have developed a horrendous snore, so I think Christine will make the call..or else.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right side of nose is splintered, but there are no orbital fractures.

I fixed my nose the best I could while adrenaline was still my friend, but I think I still have about 1/4 inch of offset. I will have to decide whether or not to have it rebroken and set soon.

I know I have developed a horrendous snore, so I think Christine will make the call..or else.
I hope the nose situation pans out well here. I'm sure it will once the swelling subsides; then you'll be able to make an accurate assessment of structural damage.

They checked your visual acuity, right? The concussion effects can last a few days, so hopefully that has lifted now. I'm just trying to assess what a good trauma center should have done here, haha.

-John

-John

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hope the nose situation pans out well here. I'm sure it will once the swelling subsides; then you'll be able to make an accurate assessment of structural damage.

They checked your visual acuity, right? The concussion effects can last a few days, so hopefully that has lifted now. I'm just trying to assess what a good trauma center should have done here, haha.

-John

-John
We waited for 7 extra hours for the opthamologist to show up...which he didn't. Left eye is still slightly blurry, despite swelling being greatly reduced. There is no detached retina or anything, but we are waiting it out to make sure acuity returns 100%.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We waited for 7 extra hours for the opthamologist to show up...which he didn't. Left eye is still slightly blurry, despite swelling being greatly reduced. There is no detached retina or anything, but we are waiting it out to make sure acuity returns 100%.
Getting opthamology to respond can be a pain in the ass. I would say plastics is just as bad. Sad, but true in the E.R. I'm glad to hear at least they were consulted here for an eval.

If you have any questions of concerns Matt, let me know. I'd be glad to give what advice I can from my own experience over the years.

-John

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Getting opthamology to respond can be a pain in the ass. I would say plastics is just as bad. Sad, but true in the E.R. I'm glad to hear at least they were consulted here for an eval.

If you have any questions of concerns Matt, let me know. I'd be glad to give what advice I can from my own experience over the years.

-John
Thanks, John.

We wasted 6 hours back at the ER today because some intern freaked out when Christine told her I was still falling down and forgetting/repeating things. CT came out normal again and the doc said it's perfectly normal for serious concussions to manifest these effects for another 2-3 weeks.

That and I swapped my Percs for Vikes. Painkillers are bad enough on me, but those percs are just too strong.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know that in TX, if you train in any combat sport, then your assault automatically gets enhanced to aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
From one Matt to another.. Sorry bro.. I used to work as a bouncer in clubs for years.. I have seen this type of thug before.. I wish you a speedy recovery bro.. God Bless

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, John.

We wasted 6 hours back at the ER today because some intern freaked out when Christine told her I was still falling down and forgetting/repeating things. CT came out normal again and the doc said it's perfectly normal for serious concussions to manifest these effects for another 2-3 weeks.

That and I swapped my Percs for Vikes. Painkillers are bad enough on me, but those percs are just too strong.
Anytime, Matt.

Oxycodone (Percocet) is a good drug, but many people don't like the side effects. It really is a pretty potent narcotic. I personally think Hydrocodone (Vicodin/Norco) is much better option from a narcotic analgesic standpoint without the side effects.

It's very possible with a concussion to have side effects for some time; especially if any equilibrium aspects (in the inner ear) were affected during the head trauma. The CT scan wouldn't show stuff like that (you're looking for traumatic head bleeding there - i.e., subdural'epidural bleed); it's more of a clinical diagnosis that's made by physical exam rather than by diagnostic exam (CT). We live in an age where some doctors rely HEAVILY on the diagnostic tools to make their diagnosis, however that's now how they're trained. It's now become more of a "defensive medicine" aspect.

Just a friendly word of advice from a nurse that's been in the game a while....interns don't know their head from their ass (no offense of course to those that are interns, but I've save enough from screwing up or freaking out over the years).....;)

If you ever have a serious question that you want answered with expertise and experience, always request the attending physician.

-John

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anytime, Matt.

Oxycodone (Percocet) is a good drug, but many people don't like the side effects. It really is a pretty potent narcotic. I personally think Hydrocodone (Vicodin/Norco) is much better option from a narcotic analgesic standpoint without the side effects.

It's very possible with a concussion to have side effects for some time; especially if any equilibrium aspects (in the inner ear) were affected during the head trauma. The CT scan wouldn't show stuff like that (you're looking for traumatic head bleeding there - i.e., subdural'epidural bleed); it's more of a clinical diagnosis that's made by physical exam rather than by diagnostic exam (CT). We live in an age where some doctors rely HEAVILY on the diagnostic tools to make their diagnosis, however that's now how they're trained. It's now become more of a "defensive medicine" aspect.

Just a friendly word of advice from a nurse that's been in the game a while....interns don't know their head from their ass (no offense of course to those that are interns, but I've save enough from screwing up or freaking out over the years).....;)

-John
The important question...how soon can I resume heay lifting?

My eye vessels are all ruptured and the headaches are close to unbearable, but I don't want to take more than a week off. It's as much ego recovery as physical, if you know what i mean.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The important question...how soon can I resume heay lifting?

My eye vessels are all ruptured and the headaches are close to unbearable, but I don't want to take more than a week off. It's as much ego recovery as physical, if you know what i mean.
This is the thing...

Head trauma like this can open gates that may not be apparent on the CT scan at this point. If you test the issue, often some things that aren't evident may begin to manifest. If you're symptomatic, i.e., headaches, blurred vision - I would not resume anything that would risk the chance of increasing ICP (Intra-cranial pressure.)

At this point, I would say you're at least 4 weeks out from doing anything that you should consider "heavy." I'm also being on the safe side here, Matt. I know that you'll rebound great, but let the body heal fully before engaging in any significant heavy lifting.

Any type of focal-motor weakness or ataxia is an indication that you need to just rest and let the body heal first.

Seriously though, if you have any questions Matt, call me.

-John

propho

Awards
  • Established
Jesus christ! It sucks that someone as helpful and nice as you has to go through this crap.. I hope you have a speedy recovery!