FDA Warning

endless

endless

Awards
  • Established
Greg
Now that the FDA has sent the warning letters to manufacturers about illegal steroid products sold as dietary supplements. Will this effect the sale of Generic Labz products?

raider1

raider1

Awards
Greg
Now that the FDA has sent the warning letters to manufacturers about illegal steroid products sold as dietary supplements. Will this effect the sale of Generic Labz products?
I did not even want anyone to ask .. I was scared of the answer

propho

Awards
  • Established
yea, I've been wondering the same thing.. doesn't the damn country have more important **** to worry about..

Yagman

Yagman

Board Supporter
Awards
So that's it? No more products from Generic Labs?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I've noticed that the reps from the various companies selling these supplements have gone silent. I suspect that they are huddled with lawyers figuring out their next moves (throw in the towel, fight FDA, change business model).

endless

endless

Awards
  • Established
This stuff just kills me. Recreational drugs are rampant thought-out this country, pharmaceutical drugs kill thousands every year, doctors "bury" there mistakes everyday. The DEA does a joint venture with the Mexican government to take down the UGL's. Is there not more pressing issues than this? Yet they keep screwing with us small minority of bodybuilders.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Yet they keep screwing with us small minority of bodybuilders.
Of course. Where a minority in the US. Plus with Bonds being on every news show the government has to be seen as doing something with these wicked drugs that have infested America's game.

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
The government is slow and they have only sent letters to two companies that were named from the amy shipley article

anabolic xtreme and legal gear know they are being watched as far as other ones they shouldnt have anything to worry about until there letters arrive and then take course of action. which IMO wont be for a while.

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
everything is fine guys. sometimes everyone makes a mountain out of mole hills. I will try to get up to date on TRAINING and DIET questions asap. Sorry for the absence as I have been very busy.

cubbybear

Awards
everything is fine guys. sometimes everyone makes a mountain out of mole hills. I will try to get up to date on TRAINING and DIET questions asap. Sorry for the absence as I have been very busy.
Thanks for clearing that up Grexx. I agree, some of us are worrying too much. I'm not convinced that these warning letters carry a whole lot of substance. If we remember, Superdrol was initially discontinued at the time of the ban, but when the dust had settled they brought it back as it was understood to be post-ban compliant. As far as the other product in question, it was designed to also be post-ban compliant. Do those two products really contain anything on the currently illegal substance list? The warning letters mention androstenedione, but these products do not contain any. Masteron? Obviously the FDA doesn't like certain advertising/marketing/label claims and companies have to be very careful about that. Some have been wreckless. The warning letters have given 15 days for the two companies to respond and explain themselves, which they may actually be able to successfully do. However, nobody wants bad publicity. Superdrol has already been voluntarily discontinued for a while now, even though there may be nothing illegal about it.

So it turns out that the letters regarding these two supplements is creating yet another panic and we are starting to see all these prohormone liquidation sales again. Some of us are getting emails from supplement companies saying things like stock up now while you still can because this is it, when it's gone it's gone, all sales are final, and we won't be getting any more in. Well, regarding the discontinueds, maybe. Unless some vendors truly want out of that end of the business all together. Of those recent letters we have seen there has been no mention of any other supplements or any new ban, only accusation (can I say "query"?) of current potential violation- the existance of which remains to be seen. Not to say that it won't happen, just that we may be getting all worked up prematurely. :run:

patrolpilot

Awards
Since just starting the M-trn & M-zol I was hoping that I would not have to switch to some other. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that this will blow over and let Generic labz continue making their great products.

propho

Awards
  • Established
well what're we supposed to do if everyone is liquidating

propho

Awards
  • Established
well what're we supposed to do if everyone is liquidating their stuff and never planning on carrying anythign again?

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
well what're we supposed to do if everyone is liquidating their stuff and never planning on carrying anythign again?

:think: stock up... :thumbsup:

Generic Labz

Generic Labz

Generic LABZ, Inc.
Awards
Guys, as mentioned above. The letter only lists Superdrol and M1P. So we're at no risk. For now.

raider1

raider1

Awards
Guys, as mentioned above. The letter only lists Superdrol and M1P. So we're at no risk. For now.
That's what I thought... I talked to a firend of mine who owns a supp. store.. he is not worried at all.. and this guy has a lot of inventory ..