Abundance of the bluetooth headsets lately.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

I've noticed that more and more people are using the bluetooth headsets out in public. They have a practical use in the car, but then again, why not put your phone on speakerphone ?

Without knowing that they have a headset, it appears that they are talking to themselves which looks odd.

Yesterday I saw some guy at a hotdog stand with a headset in.

I could only surmise that he was of great importance that his presence would be needed at moments time, despite working at a hotdog stand.

Discuss.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I personally think its a bit silly, but at least the soccer moms driving the enormous SUV's (that they can barely see over the wheel)have two hands free now. They seem to able to maneuver better and are less dangerous to motorcycle riders that way. I also like it when they are trying to check out somewhere and they tell the cashier to wait(or they are the cashier and they tell the customer to wait) because they are carrying on a conversation with themselves.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Actually I also forgot to tell this story as well.

Back in April, I was eating at a buffet with my family and there was a very morbidly obese woman and a twiggy guy eating there as well. Both had bluetooth headsets, and the woman was telling the guy via bluetooth what to get her at the tables.

I didn't pick up on this at first, but the guy was getting them both food, but when he was getting her food they would call each other and were using bluetooth headsets.

By far this is the most perverted manner I've seen them used thus far.

I took a pic with my camera phone. (Motorola RAZR aka low quality VGA).

I'm gonna have to check my old phone to see if I still have that pic.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I personally think its a bit silly, but at least the soccer moms driving the enormous SUV's (that they can barely see over the wheel)have two hands free now. They seem to able to maneuver better and are less dangerous to motorcycle riders that way. I also like it when they are trying to check out somewhere and they tell the cashier to wait(or they are the cashier and they tell the customer to wait) because they are carrying on a conversation with themselves.

btw, that story you were telling about that guy who was eating fried shrimp and in an electric scooter and asking if the fatburner would work for him. That was a pretty funny story. :thumbsup::lol:

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
btw, that story you were telling me about that guy who was eating fried shrimp and in an electric scooter and asking if the fatburner would work for him. That was a pretty funny story. :thumbsup::lol:
Its funny in hindsight, but I seem to attract these types of all-star people to initiate conversations with me a bit more than I'd like. Maybe I need a Blue Tooth headset, so I can walk around talking to myself. I think maybe that or a facial tattoo might keep these people from wanting to be my buddy. I'll let you know how it goes.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Its funny in hindsight, but I seem to attract these types of all-star people to initiate conversations with me a bit more than I'd like. Maybe I need a Blue Tooth headset, so I can walk around talking to myself. I think maybe that or a facial tattoo might keep these people from wanting to be my buddy. I'll let you know how it goes.

lol. For some reason, I just found that story hilarious. Probably b/c he was so adiment about his diet being 'in check'.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should get a bluetooth earpiece tattooed on your head.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
You should get a bluetooth earpiece tattooed on your head.
Its either that or the Alfred E. Newman, "What me worry?" slogan on my forehead. It'll go great with the MAD fold in on my stomach. When my body fat gets too high its a pretty cool tattoo. The rest of the time, not so much.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
At least the Nextel Walkie Talkie things are going out of style. Those things were annoying to be walking around hearing that annoying beeping and somebody yelling into the other end of the line. Those drove me insane.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
yeh. The Nextel thing was big awhile back.

I just got this Blackberry Curve a month ago and now every pre-pubecent girl and suburban thug has one.

It was fun while it lasted....which was probably only the first day i got it.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I hate people who keep track of the new phone's coming out and continuously buy new ones just to have the newest one...
My phone can ring, call, txt message, and drop out of my hands or pockets at a moments notice. That's all I need it to do anndd... it was free. I don't see the point in getting a new one every few months. that money could be put to much better use.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I hate people who keep track of the new phone's coming out and continuously buy new ones just to have the newest one...
My phone can ring, call, txt message, and drop out of my hands or pockets at a moments notice. That's all I need it to do anndd... it was free. I don't see the point in getting a new one every few months. that money could be put to much better use.
Yeah, my next phone is going to be a Jitterbug.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those blue tooth headsets do have their place in a society of cell phones. I use them when at work. It allows me to take and make phone calls while in my vehilce. Speakerphones are pretty much useless of you're in a car with any background noise and they operate like walkie talkies. Only one side can go at a time and if there's bacground noise it can keep one side from ending their 'time' to allow the other party to respond.

Of course there are times when they seem stupid to use but the devices themselves are quite andy when needed.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also dependant of what people use their phones for. I went through three phones in about four months due to finding the right one. Sounds like a waste but I use my phone for a lot of things and if there's one that can do that job easier, then that's the one I am going to get. To each their own though. If it's a waste to get anything other than one that makes calls then that would be money spent elsewhere, based off your wants/needs.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Also dependant of what people use their phones for. I went through three phones in about four months due to finding the right one. Sounds like a waste but I use my phone for a lot of things and if there's one that can do that job easier, then that's the one I am going to get. To each their own though. If it's a waste to get anything other than one that makes calls then that would be money spent elsewhere, based off your wants/needs.
I was meaning the type of people who wait in line for the iphone then wait in line for the iphone 3g a few months later. People that know when motorolla is going to release the next phone and buy it the first day just to have it. I get a new phone once every two years. That's about it and it's always free! I just can't seeing putting money into a phone every few months. I can understand some people needing them or using them for various situations but to buy it just to have it is a little extreme.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I was meaning the type of people who wait in line for the iphone then wait in line for the iphone 3g a few months later. People that know when motorolla is going to release the next phone and buy it the first day just to have it. I get a new phone once every two years. That's about it and it's always free! I just can't seeing putting money into a phone every few months. I can understand some people needing them or using them for various situations but to buy it just to have it is a little extreme.
Cell Phones today have a lot in common with expensive Nike's and automobiles. Certain people will clamor for what is new and exciting without regards for need or functionality. Its a part of American pop culture and it isn't likely to change.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I understand that. Some days I would like to take a stick and go out on the street and beat common sense into people.

*sigh* if only... lol

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Cell Phones today have a lot in common with expensive Nike's and automobiles. Certain people will clamor for what is new and exciting without regards for need or functionality. Its a part of American pop culture and it isn't likely to change.

lol, I think this is applicable to the majority of the American population out there today:

-iPhone
-Beanie Babies
-Pokemon
-Tickle Me Elmo
-Playstation 3
-etc..........

Sometimes its embarassing to see how simple-minded people can get over hype and shell out their money so easily like that. Although it's people like that who keep the economy going.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
PH
Creatine
Herb
etc.

The list isn't exclusive to electronics or shoes :)

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I bought a pioneer car stereo that has bluetooth ... when i start my car, my phone auto-connects.. if it rings, the music mutes adn the caller is displayed on the screen. The audio is played over the speakers adn i have a mic on my visor. Sound quality is 95% and its great being able to pump up the volume when driving bc i can never hear people when on a phone and driving.

I have a bluetooth headset.. but i only use it rarely when im doing housework and its easier to keep my phone in my pocket.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking of getting a feature like that on my next head unit purchase. Cool feature if you like listening to your music a bit loud and miss phone calls :)

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of getting a feature like that on my next head unit purchase. Cool feature if you like listening to your music a bit loud and miss phone calls :)
it is by far my most favorite piece of technology. if you are in the car with others, you can hit 1 button and the radio goes back on instantly and transfers the call back to your phone so no one else can hear the call. i have not 1 complaint with it. definitely recommend it.
I have the pioneer DEH-P980BT.. you can get a plug for your ipod too. charges it and puts the controls on the screen.
If you want to save a few $$.. pioneer has other models that are under $300 with the ipod and bluetooth... but they lack a few of the other bells and whistles that are mostly aesthetic.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I have a bluetooth headset and used the hell out of it when I first got it...I would leave my phone on the kitchen table and walk around the house while I talked doing whatever needed to be done....I would also use it while in the car, on the treadmill (at home), walking the dog, etc....for some reason, the novelty wore off really quick and I bet I literally havent had it on in over a year now...I dont even know why, I just quit using it...

holy

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I have a bluetooth headset and used the hell out of it when I first got it...I would leave my phone on the kitchen table and walk around the house while I talked doing whatever needed to be done....I would also use it while in the car, on the treadmill (at home), walking the dog, etc....for some reason, the novelty wore off really quick and I bet I literally havent had it on in over a year now...I dont even know why, I just quit using it...

holy

Sounds like you quit while you were ahead. I applaud that.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I'm on my second BT earpiece (broke the first one from dropping it so much) - I love 'em; at this point, I'd rather hang up than have to hold the phone while I talk (a holdover from my many years doing phone support).

Taking orders from a whale at the buffet, now: that's just *wrong*, BT or no...dude should develop a little self-respect.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
lol I agree but he may end up like pinocchio inside of the whale lol

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's also useful for use in places with a lot of bad signal spots. You can place the phone in a good reception area and be away from the phone. Definitely has its uses.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I've got a headset, but never use it. I can see where they are useful, so you can't lump every headset user into the "too cool for school" category. Even though, I would guess 75% of users are in that category.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
how bout those new blue tooth that are blinged out with lil fake diamonds all over them!!! those are hot!!!

who needs a blinged bluetooth!!! wtf

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
lol I do. In case I need to chat in da club.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MistrJay General Chat 8
rpm57 Training Forum 15
General Chat 21