The Watchmen trailer

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgQJKh5t54I"]YouTube - *NEW - EXCLUSIVE* The Watchmen - Trailer![/ame]

Anyone else as psyched about this as I am?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I never read the watchmen, know they were a different style of hero. Looks promising.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I never read the watchmen, know they were a different style of hero. Looks promising.
It was graphic novel in the 1980's and it is very different from what you might expect(almost nobody has any special powers). It was created by Alan Moore who is also responsible for the "V for Vendetta" graphic novel. It has the similar neo-fascism feel to it. This is a classic and I can't wait to see it. I have been giving these(reprinted graphic novels) out as Christmas gifts for years to friends that are a bit strange.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I bought the compiled novel when I read about the upcoming movie, and was HIGHLY impressed with the depth and quality of both character development and psychological insight.

Great story, great approach, and hopefully a great movie.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I bought the compiled novel when I read about the upcoming movie, and was HIGHLY impressed with the depth and quality of both character development and psychological insight.

Great story, great approach, and hopefully a great movie.
where did you buy the novel?

the trailer looks pretty bad ass. that song is bad ass too thats played in the trailer. anyone know the name of it?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
where did you buy the novel?

the trailer looks pretty bad ass. that song is bad ass too thats played in the trailer. anyone know the name of it?
eBay...dirt cheap.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
looks pretty good, but some might take a remixed version of the same smashing pumpkins song they used in batman forever as a really bad omen. Batman is supposed to be dark and gritty too, and we all know how that one turned out. (breaks out some glow sticks & candy necklaces and starts dancing cartoonishly while wearing a neoprene suit that sports some well defined nipples)

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
looks pretty good, but some might take a remixed version of the same smashing pumpkins song they used in batman forever as a really bad omen. Batman is supposed to be dark and gritty too, and we all know how that one turned out. (breaks out some glow sticks & candy necklaces and starts dancing cartoonishly while wearing a neoprene suit that sports some well defined nipples)
Aside from "The Lost Boys," Joel Schumacher movies generally suck. The SP's song is the only thing from him that is attached to "The Watchmen." Zach Snyder is the director of this one(300), so I think that the expectations for this will be met. From what I've seen of the trailer, the scenes shown match the story boards pretty closely. I just hope the running time is not condensed.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Alan Moore is a strange one....
18 July 2008 10:50 PM, PDT | From Digitalspy | See recent digitalspy news

Alan Moore, the writer of renowned comic book Watchmen, has attacked director Zack Snyder for bringing his creation to the big screen. When asked by Entertainment Weekly if he was curious about Snyder's version of his story, he replied: "I would rather not know." Moore, who previously disowned the Warner Bros adaptation of his comic V For Vendetta, voiced his disapproval of Snyder due to his involvement with 300. "He's the person who made 300. I've not seen any recent comic book films, but I didn't particularly like the book 300," (more)

By Simon Reynolds

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Hey, well, if THAT guy wrote it is at least original. lol

He sounds like another version of R. Crumb in regards to the anti-everthing attitude.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The Solution General Chat 1
baldymcgee General Chat 8
The Solution General Chat 6
ABNRanger General Chat 45
Aggravated General Chat 12